It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Little Girl Killed by a US Missile: Tracing One Tragic Story in Our Horrific Drone War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

do you really believe that

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
Ok, america.. You can sleep soundly tonight! You are in a much safer world since a hellfire drone strike killed ANOTHER innocent little girl in a country far far away. PHEW!

Ok, Canada, thanks ! As if your hands are clean ...

The Somalia Affair was a 1993 military scandal later dubbed "Canada's national shame". It peaked with the brutal beating death of a Somali teenager at the hands of two Canadian soldiers participating in humanitarian efforts in Somalia. The crime, documented by grisly photos, shocked the Canadian public and brought to light internal problems in the Canadian Airborne Regiment. Military leadership came into sharp rebuke after a CBC reporter received altered documents, leading to allegations of a cover up.
Source

Hope you can sleep soundly tonite after killing 2 teens in a country far, far away, PHEW!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Allow me to throw a hypothetical at you involving everyone's most hated leader: If you had the chance to blow up a school bus containing 50 kids and Adolf Hitler in 1939, would you?

In no way would I kill 50 innocent people to kill one bad person. And it is lunacy to even suggest such a thing much less doing it.

The ends do not always justify the means.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

You have to understand something and it is key. Why are the terrorist hiding in areas highly populated with civilians? Why not operate in the open and directly challenge the US military? Why are they hiding and using civilians as shields?

People defending their own country are not terrorist we are the terrorist because we are attacking them for no reason.

These people never attacked the US we attacked them first. The "war on Terror" Is both a joke and a total failure.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

In no way would I kill 50 innocent people to kill one bad person. And it is lunacy to even suggest such a thing much less doing it.

If it came down to saving countless hundreds of thousands, if not millions, at the expense of 50 people those 50 MUST go.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Originally posted by buster2010

If it came down to saving countless hundreds of thousands, if not millions, at the expense of 50 people those 50 MUST go.

this is retarded reasonsing as it is done in hindsight, nobody can see into the future, so the deaths of 50 kids could all be for nothing.

I sure as sh one te am not about to become a child murderer over what "might" happen in the future.

Lot of big men here who would kill kids

edit on 31-5-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

***snip***
You can't be serious?! Yes, i agree there are many many MANY issues in the world, but if you don;t care about an innocent girl killed with american taxpayer money, then you are a sad sad person.

I'm a sad person. I am sad because those bastard terrorists continously hide among decent innocent children and women. Image the bastards planning the next terror-attack while the girl playes outside with her doll. Wonder if those men were sad when they planned the next mass poisoning of the nearby school for girls.

What if this happened to your child? OR your sister? OR anyone you know? That doesn't bother you?

I - as a muslim in that far far away country - would ask myself and my neigbours what the devil those terrorrists are doing - killing other muslims on the soil of their primarily muslim country.

And I would plot to kill them myself. Perhaps even by accident get the little girl they hide behind.
But I would probably be brainwashed into thinking that the ends justify the means - for muslim extremists (not for those you fight them).

Seriously though - I vote that we never attack anyone unless they clearly state that they are terrorists and voluntarily go into the middle of a large field, so that we never again get this kind of collateral damage.

***snip***

Sadam Hussein bargained on the fact that the good old western world would suffer by public opinion, when he invaded Kuwait. He couldn't care less about a few thoundsands of his people dying, but he knew that one picture of a dead child or pictures of dead U.S. soldiers would sway public opinion.
He was soooo close to achiving a "let them fight their own battle" attitude.

Now the terrorists are just as close.

edit on 31-5-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

***snip***
The strike happened at a compund ( AT THEIR HOME).. So where is this little girl supposed to hide? Where is it safe in her country AT ALL?! The whole place is under surveillance and i would guess you could be anywhere there and be killed within 10 minutes as a drone is most likely somewhere near you at any given moment.

Calm down. Do you seriously believe that with the price of drones the U.S. drop them Willy Nilly?

The US prides itself on being accurate and precise, yet they are constantly proving otherwise. Do you think its right that innocents should be killed?

Have you considered that they might have been "dead on target" as it were? And killed a few bad dudes - even if others claim they were just playing cards as usual?

We have a discussion in Denmark at the moment. Two brothers - planning a terrorist action - has been apprehended. Proof exists of their planning the deed. One brother was in Somalia - almost certainly recieving training at an al-Shabab terrorrist camp. He comes home to Denmark where his family now lives after fleeing from civil unrest and terrorists in Somalia.
Proof exists of planning an attack, talking about targets, weapons to use, how to make bombs.

Good old Daddy says - no - my son is not a terrorist. He is a good boy. He just visited his grandmother in Somalia.

I know who I believe.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Killing people who mean you harm is not mass murder

Sorry to differ with you.

War is terrorism on a bigger budget and mass murder.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I have more important things in my life than to be concerned with how a complete stranger feels.

Hell, I don't care how the people on my street feel, Unless I know someone, and care about them, being concerned about someone else's feelings is a complete waste of time, whether that feeling is sorrow or happiness.

And that is why the world is in the mess it is in and going down hill fast.

What affects one of us affects all of us, but most of you just simply don't see this.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yep, and you'll be there, laughing away as American kids are killed, right?

No, not laughing, crying..............I've dealt with death face to face too many times.

I've held a dying child in my arms.

I've place a sweet little shell that was once a young child in a morgue drawer.

Most of you replying have never ever coded a six year old, rocked a four year old and had them die in your arms and these were "peaceful deaths" in a sanitary hospital setting.

War is senseless.

Bush Jr. lied about WMD.

He lied about 262 other things (Read Fraud by Paul Wald).........what else did he do we don't know about????

911 was possibly a false flag event to give the oil men and bankers a good excuse to invade the Middle East.

You get a life, do some heavy duty research.

You are speaking from emotion - I speak from knowledge.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

so the fact that the POSUS and Co.
are psychopaths that get off on murdering and torturing
people willy nilly doesn't concern you?

sigh, birds of a feather i suppose...

I'll even play devils advocate here and accept their version of events as the truth for arguments sake. If a little girl must be blown up in order to also decimate an enemy, than it is an acceptable loss.

Allow me to throw a hypothetical at you involving everyones most hated leader: If you had the chance to blow up a school bus containing 50 kids and Adolf Hitler in 1939, would you?

Any sane, rational, and common sensical person would. I'm not saying you must enjoy it, but the greater good must prevail.

From your above quote, the presumption appears to be that these strikes have caused accidental 'collateral' damage and lives have been lost, or that it was a deliberate attack, with unavoidable 'collateral damage' based on some kind of intelligence, planned and executed by the marvellous men behind doors. The Baghdad video wasn't like that was it? It was deliberate execution of totally unidentified people by bullet and missiles. The missile attacks into a building where there was no clue as to who was inside, and even blew away a person who was walking by. That is scorched earth policy in action in our name, that is not war. Do you really think it is any different now? where is the greater good? I don't see it. And get this, I do care about other people, I do care about children, they don't give a toss about stupid adult folly, and you would kill x number of children to get one mad dictator, (the numbers don't matter by your logic, why not make it thousands)

Over the last few centuries, it is because there were people who cared about others, that made our lives in the west more comfortable and bearable. I don't think they meant to make it so comfortable that there are those who sit on their fat holes at their computer typing out such a lack of concern for others, as if all these killings are someone else's responsibilty, it's not, it's yours and mine et al.
edit on 31-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Don't worry Americans, the blood is on your hands and you WILL pay somehow or another. May it be in the next 5 months or next 50 years, you won't be the greatest military power forever.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Ok, america.. You can sleep soundly tonight! You are in a much safer world since a hellfire drone strike killed ANOTHER innocent little girl in a country far far away. PHEW!

Ok, Canada, thanks ! As if your hands are clean ...

The Somalia Affair was a 1993 military scandal later dubbed "Canada's national shame". It peaked with the brutal beating death of a Somali teenager at the hands of two Canadian soldiers participating in humanitarian efforts in Somalia. The crime, documented by grisly photos, shocked the Canadian public and brought to light internal problems in the Canadian Airborne Regiment. Military leadership came into sharp rebuke after a CBC reporter received altered documents, leading to allegations of a cover up.
Source

Hope you can sleep soundly tonite after killing 2 teens in a country far, far away, PHEW!

Really dude? You pulled that story out?

Yes, IT IS a shame and it shamed me, being canadian, when it happened. The difference here is, that was a one time thing that was unfortunate and horrible and disgusting BUT,it was NOT sanctioned by our government OR Military...

The article/thread is a discussion about the ONGOING murders that ARE SANCTIONED by the US military and Government, EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Understand?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

quite simple really, easily solved

* Your country should have a more severe immigration policy and instant deportation for such cases
* We do not need to bomb peasants in backward areas of Afghanistan or Pakistan

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Don't worry Americans, the blood is on your hands and you WILL pay somehow or another. May it be in the next 5 months or next 50 years, you won't be the greatest military power forever.

no point in doing the exact same though when you reference "Americans"- there are hundreds of milions of them- and the innocents shouldn't suffer anymore than innocents elsewhere in the world

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by GLaDOS

no point in doing the exact same though when you reference "Americans"- there are hundreds of milions of them- and the innocents shouldn't suffer anymore than innocents elsewhere in the world

I agree,
unfortunately, certain posts here give the lie to to an acceptance of a lesser evil over the greater, and I have seen other similar posts in other similar threads, to me that is chilling. Perhaps to put GLaDOS more in the picture, the drone attacks are controlled by the CIA, who's machinations, are global, conspiritorial and not necessarily in the interests of the vast majority of the American people, or much anyone else for that matter, they are a private, lawless, borderless concern, using public funds. BTW, the Bilderbergers meet today, any chance of the CIA being there? Nah, not really but mind you ol' HK is there.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

That!.... Is the price we all pay for allowing this "novus ordo seclorum" sh*t to take over our planet.

We all need to wake up and actively resist Rothschild, Rockefeller tyranny.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by pavil

Killing people who mean you harm is not mass murder

Sorry to differ with you.

War is terrorism on a bigger budget and mass murder.

You can differ, that's fine. Most killings in wartime are not murder. Not every death is a murder. You seem to think otherwise. When you intentionally target military objectives in an attack, to me that is warfare. If an insurgent wants to attack a military target, I really don't have much of an issue with it. When you intentionally target civilians then it becomes terror and murder.

The deaths of non combatants in the targeting of military targets is regrettable, but often unavoidable part of warfare. That's why real fighters will tell or force civilians to flee a battleground if they have the option. Taking your family on jihad with you, makes you culpable in any harm that befalls them. Moral of the story: If you are soldier/insurgent, don't take your family with you when you wage war.

You seem to lump it all together, thus we disagree.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
CORRECTION TO LAST POST - FRAUD BY PAUL WALDMAN

Correction: Fraud by Paul Waldman..............excellent book.

262 documented lies by George W. Bush Jr.

If you caught your husband or wife lying to you about some major stuff how would you feel?????

But I guess it's okay for a President to.

Honorable people do not lie, cheat, steal or bare false witness.

Dishonorable people do the above.

We need to hold our leaders accountable period or we have nobody to blame but ourselves for the mess we find ourselves and our planet in.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join