It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILLINOIS REP LOSES IT on House Floor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I would be proud to have this man represent me. Screw the bs and say what needs to be said, he wasn't afraid to sacrifice himself in order to draw attention to an 800lb gorilla.
edit on 30-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I would be proud also to have this man represent us. We all know how angry the American public is about a lot of crap being pushed down our throats. I am sure this video has already been watched by the TPTB - so what. They need to be addressed with our broken government and it's department tentacles.

We are all fed up with both sides and we have a fraud for a president who campaigned for things he promised and we unfortunately believed. We are in trouble - need I say more.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Dukesy because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by Dukesy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What rules imposed on congress is he against? Or are we just glad someone in government is mad. He might be upset that someone proposed congress take a pay cut. But...meh.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I am not a constituent of his state or district, but I emailed him anyway applauding his courage and passion. We need to encourage this type of dissent amongst our representatives, and I consider it my duty as an American to praise and encourage ANY elected official that shows the character that Mike Bost did on the House Floor.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I love how he drops the mic gangsta style at the end.

That was awesome. I also lost it when he yelled 'Let my people go!'

Here here!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I want this guy for President,...his passion, but just a little less coffee.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DamTyD

I think it's more the context of what the actually said rather than what he supports. A lot of people "support" the republican party, that doesn't necessarily mean they give a rat about any republican ideology. People are team oriented without concern for ideology, when this guy was speaking he wasn't speaking for a team he was trying to enforce the idea of what is supposed to be taking place in the assembly. The house of reps is where business is supposed to be done, not backscratching and a ring of corruption.

I guess you could consider his rant off topic or out of order, but it needed to be said regardless. That is why we have the political system we do, so that things can be addressed and business can be taken care of. This man is facilitating the American way.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamTyD
What rules imposed on congress is he against? Or are we just glad someone in government is mad. He might be upset that someone proposed congress take a pay cut. But...meh.

I don't think that the particular matter before Congress that set him off is what's important. It's obvious by his fury and words that he is genuinely fed up with the status quo, and general state of our nation. This wasn't a guy who was that angry about the specifics of a single bill. What we witnessed was the straw that broke the camel's back. I can't speak for Rep. Bost, but I suspect that his anger and frustration is a bit more encompassing and systemic than just the particulars of a single bill.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Two questions.

1) Does anyone care that the title of this thread is wrong? This happened in the Illinois House of Representatives, not the US House.

2) Does anyone know the background of what this guy is ranting over...or do people just like to see others yell and scream and that makes them "right'???
edit on 30-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Parliaments fights are just so awesome
, kinda speak out for our kind ;P

Im guessing one you mentioned is from south korea. They take politics very seriously there

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Two questions.

1) Does anyone care that the title of this thread is wrong? This happened in the Illinois House of Representatives, not the US House.

2) Does anyone know the background of what this guy is ranting over...or do people just like to see others yell and scream and that makes them "right'???

No, don't care.

Just like you don't care about Obama signing the indefinite detention of Americans without due process into law.

Apparently whatever happens in this nation that goes somewhere along with my agenda gets a thumbs up regardless of any consideration, so bite it. Turns out my agenda is freedom, justice and equality. Sucks for the guy who believes in corporate and government tyranny, that's just the way it is.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This man is a hero. I almost cried when I saw this because it means a representitive leader knows what is happening and is desperate for change. I don't care if his politics are my politics and that we aren't even citizens of the same country - I wish I could vote for him.

Amazing. This man is amazing.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Two questions.

Thank you for pointing out that this took place on the STATE floor, not the floor of the US Congress. I was one of the people who thought this was on the US Congress floor, and I appreciate the corrected information.

Having said that, I don't think that the particular details of the bill that set him off are really what's important. I think it's more important that an elected official, in a official capacity, was finally pushed to the point of fury over the way business is conducted in government, and his disgust at, what he sees as, the abandonment of the Constitution by his peers.
edit on 5/30/2012 by draco49 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I applaud his courage.He clearly knows the risk he's taking both parties in the State House will be looking to get him outta there in a hurry.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You are all sheep.

Most of you have no idea who this dude is, where this is taking place, or what he is even yelling about. And you don't even care. You just think it's great that he is yelling.

You're all ready to take up arms and follow this guy right off a cliff!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Do you want to know what he is so mad about?

He is mad because Illinois Democrats are stopping a plan that would increase Chicago residents property tax in order to pay for non-Chicagoans pension plans.

That's what he is so pissed off about...that he was stopped from taxing Chicago residents to pay for his districts (and the rest of the state's) pension plan.

I think people need to get facts before saying they support a man just because he loses his mind and yells and screams because downstate Illinois residents hate Chicago residents.
edit on 30-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
You are all sheep.

Most of you have no idea who this dude is, where this is taking place, or what he is even yelling about. And you don't even care. You just think it's great that he is yelling.

It's hilarious.

Even the OP thought this guy was on the US House Floor...100% false information and people just eat it up...and the title is still wrong.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
You are all sheep.

Who said that? I just agree with the stuff the guy said and what seems to be his general motivation behind it?

Why? Is there some malicious bill that is going to be passed and I'm not aware of it? As far as I can tell he was protesting the fact that bills are being subversively passed? He was out of order in the context of any bill, so how the hell is he supporting anything at all with this rant?

So what the hell are you talking about?

Are politics supposed to be so arcane to your average people person (me, I suppose) that we are unable to understand a discussion on the floor of a general assembly? Honestly, I think you're full of #.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Anyone see the view count?

301. But mysteriously there are 976 likes, 3 dislikes, with only 301 people watching.

Hmmm, interesting how useless tripe designed for mass consumption by idiots never seems to encounter this "bug".

But no, its just gotta be a coincidence, that videos and documentaries speaking the truth magically fall victim to the stuck view counter "bug".
edit on 5/30/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Thank you, again, for providing clarifying details. The content of his rant, however, was not about the specifics of the bill before him. His anger and fury concerned the abandonment of the Constitution, and the complacency of the electorate in allowing policies to be dictated by crony-politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join