It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas 'Doomsday Prepper' sentenced to prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Kansas 'Doomsday Prepper' sentenced to prison

www.kansascity.com

A Kansas man who was preparing for the end of the world by making and storing grenades was sentenced this week to 21 months in federal prison.

Alfred C. Dutton, 65, of Eureka, Kan., pleaded guilty to one count of unlawful possession of unregistered destructive devices.

Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
offgridsurvival.com

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Mods, an ats/google search did not show this topic so...
Also if needed to move to a more appropriate forum, this is your board and will do as you want.
Well, first they got Dsarti for being a nut, and now they got Al for making grenades.
First off, Dsarti is not crazy, he is weird, he is a troll, he is different, but he is far from unstable.
As for this other guy Alfred Dutton, I cannot say the same.
If you want full auto, silencers, mags over 10 rounds, GO WHERE THEY CAN BE OWNED LEGALLY IDIOTS!!
However, bombs of any sort are a nogo, they do not discriminate against anyone women, children, men.

So.....
Who else wants their 15 minutes of fame?
Get soap on a rope, ya dope!

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I came in this thread, mad angry, cause I know a doomsday prepper.. Then i was like, oh he had grenades, i get it

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
See. What you do is you keep the parts seperate and isolated from eachother. Keep it a secret and you're good to go

He probably was bragging or something and got caught, most preppers are silent on the matter.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think we have a LOT of different ideas and personal definitions of what a doomsday prepper is ... and I bet a good 95-99% would not call a person who makes grenades a prepper.

A prepper can be anything from somebody ready for the next hurricane to a CME grid-failure like NASA predicted so many times (but never happened.)

I think it's a disgrace to lump a guy like this in with all the otherwise good folk.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Man, it blows my mind how gullible and naive these people are just to be on TV. Is it really worth it?

If you insist on your 15 minutes of fame, use caution. DO NOT SHOW ALL YOUR FIREARMS!!!!!

Remember Big Brother is watching, literally....

Personally I think it is in extremely bad judgement to show the public who you are and what you possess, especially your home defense [weapons of sort], food supply, gold/silver coins, etc..... not to mention what you are or not prepared for food/weapon wise.

Never show your hand when playing cards. Bluff when possible.....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just to go on this show would be stupid, it puts you DIRECTLY into the limelight.
"They" will keep more tabs on you, check your web browsing, Etc.
To just have the parts for bombs is a bad thing, sure you can have your everyday things but... there are other things folks should not keep on hand at all.
Like I said, if it is illegal, go to where it is.
If you cannot find such a place, maybe there is a reason for that.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I will say, I did watch a few of those DDP episodes..and I did learn some good stuff.
I really like the ones where they touch on how to make food last for years and years.

I am not a DDPer (how do you prepare for doomsday anyhow...I am in florida, I can survive a few weeks without power, tried and tested already, so no worries..and no, after a few weeks, the neighbors and I didn't start shooting each other. We had cookouts actually and fished a lot).
But, the idea of stored food makes sense..be it you come across a stupidly great deal and want to stock up, or hurricane season is coming.

Not sure how grenades fits in the whole doomsday prepping...unless part of the food gathering in post apocolyptia involves cannibalism.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Not sure how grenades fits in the whole doomsday prepping...unless part of the food gathering in post apocolyptia involves cannibalism.

Survival Horror
The Apunkalypse

These are probably two of the sorts of scenarios that this person was planning for.
edit on 29-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Survival Horror
The Apunkalypse

These are probably two of the sorts of scenarios that this person was planning for.
edit on 29-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

If thats the case, he would to better then to collect bottle caps (future post apoc currency) than grenades anyhow

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm so very surprised that the doomsday preppers would want to be on television.

When I first saw the show, I thought it was very strange that people who so fear what modern civilization has become are so willing to go on television and become so visible to everyone in the world.

I'm not surprised he got caught. I hope the rest of these people take note and just keep the not-so-legal parts under wraps. There's nothing wrong with being a food hoarder. Hell, I know lots of Mormons. Keeping a ton of weapons without an arsenal permit isn't legal, though.

If you plan to do that, just, as other posters have said, don't show off your s***.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by g146541

Man, it blows my mind how gullible and naive these people are just to be on TV. Is it really worth it?

If you insist on your 15 minutes of fame, use caution. DO NOT SHOW ALL YOUR FIREARMS!!!!!

Remember Big Brother is watching, literally....

Personally I think it is in extremely bad judgement to show the public who you are and what you possess, especially your home defense [weapons of sort], food supply, gold/silver coins, etc..... not to mention what you are or not prepared for food/weapon wise.

Never show your hand when playing cards. Bluff when possible.....

Exactly! I could not believe it when I saw the show, and was instantly distrustful of the whole thing. I watched it and shook my head - a truly good, paranoid prepper would NEVER go on tv and show everyone what they have. Now, everyone in their area knows exactly what they have and where to go get it.

Dumb - really dumb.
edit on 30-5-2012 by followingpythagoras because: dropped an n

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Holy... Damn. Now that dude will be in prison when shtf! Not the best place I think. He must be freakin...

top topics

join