It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the love of God what do we do about this plague!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Oh lol I thought you were in Aus, I didn't know those things happened outside of here. Harmless bugs
used to play with them as a kid when climbing trees. Never had one smell at me though.. lol

Lol my post wasn't serious..
Just thought how creepy could I make the things.. hehe..

It's certainly not summer here. Almost Winter. socks in bed time!

Good luck with your new pets though
)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

love and respect man but I said twice ♥
they snuck into Pennsylvania in some kind of shipment from Asia and have apparently become an epidemic in the states ever since (like the last 8 years)

To me that is totally a plague.

and to the bitten - ew - that sounds awful! I'm glad I don't touch them, don't plan to touch them, and I put plenty of padding between my hand and them when I toss them

I have to admit though, as bad as everyone says it is, I'm soooooo tempted to squish one just to see what it smells like

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There is an infestation in my area as well/ I LOATH these bugs. We have been trying to fend them off for about a year and a half. They smell like a cross between strong chemicals and rotten eggs when you frighten them. I tried putting them in the garbage like you, but they always spray when they can't get out. I flush them. My water bill has risen lol...

I did some research and came up with this:

They love the light and love the heat even more. So they will love your pc. If you are on at night, keep another light on away from the pc and it will cut down on the dive bombing. Always flush them or get the dead one's up. Their scent only attracts more of them. The only good thing about them is that they do not build nests inside your home. They build outside and tend to come in more when it is chilly...day or night.

They finally came out with a spray that will kill them this year. It has helped us a lot. Though I do not like killing anything or using such harsh chemicals around the house, for us there was no other alternative because I am not sharing my home with them.

We found the spray at Wal-Mart. You can't miss it. It's the yellow one with a HUGE stink bug pictured on the front of it.

I feel your pain. They have made me hurt myself several times lol.
edit on 5/29/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

LOL great post, thanks for the laugh and the info!
I tend to avoid wal*mart but I'll look for it online.
Thanks!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Never met a stink bug I don't think...I have had run in's with vampiric moths and yellow spotted lady bug things though. *Shudders*
You really don't expect a moth to jump up and fang you when you innocently cut your grass really do you?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
We get those too,here in Africa.And spiders the size of newborn kittens.Last summer we had a plague of Mantises -they were cool to have around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join