It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it right or wrong?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I have been trying to think of something that I have not witnessed before and that others have not witnessed before via television or any other medium as I have come across some opportunities at the moment to do something special/different that ultimately helps others which has been an aim of mine for a long time in life.

My question to others is fairly simple...

Is it right to manipulate the masses with false hope of some sorts, if it will actually create real belief in something and create actual real results over time?

To give some of you a better idea of my angle here without dropping my trousers...

One example would be the placebo effect that is used in science that generates a cure from the mind for lesser and serious illness. If you could use this to make others truly believe in something when it is not scientifically accurate, is it the right thing to do, if it would cure more people of an ailment of sorts?

Opinions are all im looking for here rather than a list of facts or non facts etc.

Thanks for any replies and I hope this makes a bit of sense without it coming across like I am egotistical, I cannot think of a better way to word it is all.

edit on 28-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

A non-truth that leads to a truth. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as there is no truth that could also lead to another truth. Take religion for example. Some people lead peaceful lives because they believe a non-entity loves them. But, we don't need a non-entity for us to understand that we are all going through this life together, and if you don't respect and protect me, then why should I respect and protect you?

That is a good post.

Thanks, I was not expecting this from ATS.

Got a lot of respect for the people that have posted in this thread, was just looking for a nudge or two as you sometimes do in life when you are unsure of your gut feeling.

edit on 28-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Nothing good can come from a lie. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the masses are sick to death of being manipulated.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
My opinion: if it causes no harm and can produce positive results, then it's acceptable.... to me. It would be very easy for it to get out of hand, so I wouldn't support doing it wholeheartedly, but as long as no harm is involved, I wouldn't protest against it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Nothing good can come from a lie. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the masses are sick to death of being manipulated.

This is going to seem odd, but play ball for a second...

what if...

Something good came from a lie....

That you were lied to, because you wouldn't have accepted the truth.

That the truth that you did accept for so long, was used against you in order for you to realize it was a lie.

Sick of being manipulated? Who's being manipulated? You? How do you then find the truths... understand yourself? Knowledge of self then brings the ability to see truth, the difference between right and wrong.

How do you change 10,000 years of adopted behaviors? Change the paradigm that sees life through lenses of lies? You collapse an extroverted perception, dissolve the equating of happiness with that of monetary and materialism, you raise awareness of mortality and observations of death.

What are you left with?

Interpretation from the inner world of mind, use of critical thinking, and such... Introversion - "the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one's own mental life"

It's all about the pursuit of happiness right?

Dissolve of materialism and increased awareness of mortality or death is conducive towards interaction, and actions that are conducive of good. As well as the evolution of consciousness. For links and more about that part of it, check out the link in my signature, as well as...

PROVING: 46 & 2, "The Next Major Human Advancement", The Awakening... I'm Almost There,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 46 & 2 thread is fairly link heavy....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join