It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse of the United States: Day 1 – What do you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by kdog1982

Oh, yeah, and a good excuse to spend some time fishing.

When is this supposed to happen again? I'm getting kinda excited!

TheRedneck

Only night fishing.If the fish are glowing,I throw them back.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Depends on what it was, but it was some sort of EMP or something where Society it self collapsed and I knew that things wouldn't be normal for quite some time then I would be heading out.

I live in the middle of a city, so there's not much I can do here, so I would get my backpack and pack some supplies in there. With some clothing to stay warm if the weather turns cold. I would also be taking my rifle & dog and just head out wherever

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

April 27, 2011: Alabama plunged into darkness by F-4 and F-5 tornado swarm. I was in the middle of it.

As soon as the power blinks off, stores close immediately. All police are called on duty to patrol looking for looters. All commerce stops. Curfews are imposed almost immediately.

After a couple of days, the stores who can get their generators up and running will open for limited hours. Transactions are cash only since the electronic equipment is down. Shelves empty like you wouldn't believe. Perishables are thrown out.

So give up on heading to stores for help, and forget about just taking what you need. When the lights go out, everything in town changes.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

If the fish are glowing, you might as well eat them anyway before your skin falls off and you don't have any lips left.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

""When the lights go out, everything in town changes.""

I love it, great posting, thanks for the imput!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Feed the chickens, dogs, water the garden, go back to bed.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I will cast off my docklines and head offshore. I'm already stocked up. Hopefully top off the fuel tanks, but if not I'm shoving off anyway.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtcGod
reply to post by yourmaker

I would be the one to go put my uniform on and prepare to protect the rest of the population from folks like you.

And there are alot of us, and we have some pretty nifty toys.

I agree with this one, security guards will be needed more than ever.
The general populace will try to break into malls and stores.
I love you guys toys, segways, and stun guns!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by jiggerj

April 27, 2011: Alabama plunged into darkness by F-4 and F-5 tornado swarm. I was in the middle of it.

As soon as the power blinks off, stores close immediately. All police are called on duty to patrol looking for looters. All commerce stops. Curfews are imposed almost immediately.

After a couple of days, the stores who can get their generators up and running will open for limited hours. Transactions are cash only since the electronic equipment is down. Shelves empty like you wouldn't believe. Perishables are thrown out.

So give up on heading to stores for help, and forget about just taking what you need. When the lights go out, everything in town changes.

TheRedneck

I'm thinking that an economic collapse means there is no more police force. Why would anyone do such a job without pay, instead of taking the attitude it's now everyone for themselves?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think it's essential that everyone knows at least some basic gun handling understanding.

Also when SHTF we might have to kill other people in order to secure our survival. There will be lots of crazies running loose.

Rapists
Killers
Felons

Since society would have collapsed many inmates would make a run for it and actually escape.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Predawn infiltration of the Local liquor store. Take and hold said position until reinforcements arrive. Liberate all the spirits held captive. Egress under the cover of darkness the following evening. Reconnoiter the local Pawnshops, Gun stores for ammunition, supplies and related hardware.

Isn't that the first mistake one could make in the movie the Hunger Games? The liquor store and pawn shops/ gun stores will be a bloodbath.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There is a period of time, a few days, maybe a week or two, where everyone tries to think like normal. Police, rescue, ambulances will be out in force. Their sense of duty as well as simple habit will keep them on the job for a good while... no one is going to announce they have no way to pay them. Others will be treating it like a vacation day, probably grilling out or taking a vacation drive. There will be accidents on top of accidents at first, as the traffic lights will all be out.

Slowly, people will realize what is going on... usually as soon as they need something and can't get it. Gasoline and food are the two biggest commodities to cause this. Gasoline will be rationed, and a lot of people will just happen to be low when it happens. Gasoline theft, especially in suburbs, will become common. The natural response to anything perceived as threatening is to stock up on food, which cannot be bought until the stores reopen. Most people have less than a week's supply of food at any time. Without bank access, money is restricted to whatever people have on them in cash. As people run out of food and gasoline and money, they will begin to get desperate... and that is when the roving gangs will start.

As more and more people get hungry enough and desperate enough, and as police are overwhelmed and starting to realize their position, the violence will begin.

I'll be roasting hotdogs over a bonfire.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Since I'm living in the city umma get out almost immediately and head toward the farms or Mexico if they haven't close their borders

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i'd definetly be looking around for the lynch mob that are heading to round up all the people responsible for it

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Day two and three would be lying low with hang overs.

As stated on the first page on this thread. Do not, repeat DO NOT tell anybody what your real plans are

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Lol Collapse of the United States: Day 1 has already happened in my opinion. Now we are in slow decline towards third-world status, thanks to apathetic / corrupt / inept politicians and business leaders. Statistics show that this generation of college graduates will only reach 50% the success of their parents, that 60% of them are living at home, and that around 50% of them are unemployed or under-employed.

The situation you described sounds awfully nice in my opinion - having a house, a wife, kids and dogs - a lot of people might not even reach that point these days.

Not that I have a problem with this thread, just throwing in a new perspective.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Could be anything from the power is out temporarily so why freak out?
I would get dressed and assuming my vehicle runs I would go into town and assume at this point it was a power outage and I am late for work.

If my vehicles won't start I would check my cell phone and call appropriate people to get news....
If the phones are dead I would assume an EMP event and gear up and ride a horse into town (3 miles)

Once there I would gather my adult children and grandchild and walk them back to my place.

Once home I would carry on as usual except no going to work for awhile or longer.

Care for the garden, take care of the animals, fill water barrels from the well & secure the property.....

Could very well be a more peaceful life..... for awhile.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
First and only real concern: Get to Iowa. My wife's parents have a small farm there with enough cows and home grown vegetables to last.

Second concern: find the rest of my family

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

In that case I will be going to KFC and then to Popeyes, to stock up on as much fried chicken as one could handle. Then I will sell the rest to vagabonds and hookers.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
PRE-Collapse of the Unitest States: Day X - What do you do?

Perhaps we should think about that more?

Be the change you seek. Come up with ideas thinkers. Unless a collapse is a real fantasy of yours vs. some "I never really wanted this to happen" kind of fantasy, which it no doubt could end up being for many or most.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join