It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Hundreds of words to avoid using online if you don't want the government spying on you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Revealed: Hundreds of words to avoid using online if you don't want the government spying on you (and they include 'pork', 'cloud' and 'Mexico')

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Department of Homeland Security has been forced to release a list of keywords and phrases it uses to monitor social networking sites and online media for signs of terrorist or other threats against the U.S,

The intriguing the list includes obvious choices such as 'attack', 'Al Qaeda', 'terrorism' and 'dirty bomb' alongside dozens of seemingly innocent words like 'pork', 'cloud', 'team' and 'Mexico'.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Scroll to see the list.

I can see some of these but the list is just ridiculous at best and a great many of them cover pretty much everything I have ever said and read on here and the internet.

If this is true just about anyone who has ever said any one of these words has been spied on and is currently being spied on.

They point out that it includes 'vast amounts of First Amendment protected speech that is entirely unrelated to the Department of Homeland Security mission to protect the public against terrorism and disasters.'

Indeed that is pretty much anything a person says will put them on a "you might be a terrorist list".
edit on 27-5-2012 by neo96 because: have no idea why the print is bold tried fixing it,.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
existing thread

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
and people wonder why I view incorrect pelling as an art farm

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
existing thread

Thanks and please close sorry.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I just heard there was a giant pork cloud over Mexico.

Uh oh.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Another way to strengthen your anonymity online:

Stop conversing on websites. Especially websites like ATS.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This list is an absolute joke. Talk about a waste of money!!

I love the comments in the article. "My friend called from MEXICO to say it was CLOUDY and they were eating PORK chops... I can hear the sirens now"

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Lol...during the first days of the Echelon program they printed out a list of 'words;' too..so we who couldn't give a frak if we're being watched used them in every email we sent out as a sig line ...chuckles..

This release while it may or not be factual, is just a propaganda tool, one they are using to ensure you live in even more fear and that you yourself stop exercising your right to free speech without them lifting a real finger to 'take freedoms' away from you. You do their work for them. They are lazy bastards!

Like a tin foil hat we just send those words out in every mail and so flood the system with irrelevancy...if you have something excruciatingly private to say..say it f22f in private..simple.

Ro

Dont buy it..
edit on 27-5-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
Another way to strengthen your anonymity online:

Stop conversing on websites. Especially websites like ATS.

Only if you're afraid of the government. I'm not.

I'm more afraid of giant clouds of pork. Over Mexico.

edit on 27-5-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
On the southwest boarder list, there is the word Guzman. Funny cuz thats my friends last name.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I submit the MORE these very words are used by everyone , the LESS signifigant they become.....
Suppose they had a million hits a second every day for a week?
Ya think those ole Crays could crank out that much data?Perform that many searches and log all those offensive phrases and single words by the billions.....
Id bet we could do a service overload with the right number participating....blow their atificial minds so to speak.....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Guess i cant say anything about the weather we are gettin here in MN right now because every word i would use to describe it is on that list. This is so friggin lame. i for one will not stop talking and i will use these words just as i always have.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Below is a list of words that are not on the watch list:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of a factoid I heard: Porky Pig was actually Mexican. He left Mexico because he was accused of being a terrorist. Also, his first TV show bombed.

Yipes!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

edit on 27-5-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
existing thread

Add into that thread please.

Closed.

top topics

join