It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrogen Fuel Breakthrough (disappears into thin air)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If you remember back in January 2011 an Oxfordshire based private firm confirmed that they had developed hydrogen fuel fit to go straight into normal car engines and would be ready in 3 to 5 years. Since that news report not a single mention of it, anywhere!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Artificial petrol that costs 19p per litre could be on forecourts in as little as three years. British scientists are refining the recipe for a hydrogen-based fuel that will run in existing cars and engines at the fraction of the cost of conventional petrol. With hydrogen at its heart rather than carbon, it will not produce any harmful emissions when burnt, making it better for the environment, as well as easier on the wallet. Read more:

My question is, what has happened to this, can anybody else confirm they have heard anything since, or do we think that the big petro companies have bought up the patent and buried it never to be seen again?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

According to a press release PDF on their website, they have just got funding and are about to build some kind of facility at NASA's Kennedy Space Center which would seem to indicate that NASA will be one of their customers.

I find it odd that this is all starting to move at the same time. Rossi's e-cat, NASA and other's LENR experiments, it seems a bit fishy.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sadly, I think this is just one of many advances that has been bought and shelved for future profit by big oil or they have found a way to profit from it...

By the tone of your OP, you sound surprised????

Sorry if I sound cynical but it wouldn't be the first time...
edit on 27-5-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: grammer...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

So the UK has this potential gold mine sitting on their doorstep and the UK government allows it to be moved to the US for their profit. Bloody typical, our government is useless.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

No, they will have 2 facilities, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. From the linked PDF, 1st and 3rd paragraphs.

Cella Energy Limited has received a new round of financing led by a $1 million investment by Space Florida. These funds are part of a larger $2.5m equity raise by international investors that will support the development of four proof-of-concept projects for Cella’s new safe, low-cost hydrogen storage technologies. The funds will also be used to expand operations and provide employment opportunities, both in the UK and in Florida.

Cella plans to develop its safe, low-cost hydrogen storage
materials both at the UK Governments’ prestigious Science and
Technology Facilities Council’s (STFC’s) Rutherford Appleton
Laboratory near Oxford, UK and in a new facility at the NASA
Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Florida, USA.

edit on 27/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

edit on 27/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Gas companies might be a good investment not just the process or engine.
Gasses like atomic gases like Oxygen and Hydrogen and Helium and inert gasses.
With a gas company they can do the same thing and set up an
installation in another country. If that brings in more profits thats a good thing.

This sound like a move into the alternate fuel market which we hope the market
analysts did a good job especially with the all electric cars.

top topics

join