It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army General: The Whole Northern Hemisphere is at Risk of Becoming Largely Uninhabitable

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

hello aboutface...here is some good info on the thyroid issue....but this thyroid problem shows up a month after the incident imho would be at all a cause by fukushima.....it would be complete coincidence....but a very very unfortunate coincidence.....

here is a very good read to get some understanding of the effects ......but by the same results we know,.....and the japanese have even a far greater knowledge of the effects of radiation on people than any other country in the world.....hiroshima and nagasaki.......are there dangers ......yes but are the dangers far far exaggerated......yes.

Decease.climate.ecology

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"Japanese government have refused."
ok so who is running things?
i thought it was Tepco,,or is the Govt.,,ohhthats right ,,an unknown entity bought,,200M shares of Tepco,,
through Hong Kong,,
very irregular,,that transaction,,,
So ill assume it was the Japanese Govt.,,who owns Tepco,,lock,
stock.
and over a barrell,,
well they have to protect their investment ,,right.
So ya good BUSINESS decision ,,or there part.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

funny ...you say you want to learn...but in the same instance you say atomic power ...YOU CAN KEEP IT......well right there it states your not willing to learn...really...are you.....how many people die from coal exploitation each year.....how much carbon is billowed into the air from coal fire electric generating stations.....how much land is confiscated and flooded to created dams for hydro electric.....how many animals are killed and destroyed by this appropriation of land base.....are you really willing to learn?.

As for relax...i am very relaxed...because if one wants to stay ignorant and only listen to the fear mongering that is their loss.

I know you are the messenger...but are you not messaging your own personal beliefs.

the safety of nuclear speaks for itself.....and has shown it's usefulness for generating clean energy for a great many years now.....so learn something.......FALLOUT.....it is what is in the radioactive dust produced by a nuclear explosion......now chernobyl had a huge explosion into the upper atmosphere.....entering the jet stream and spreading the dust particulate over a vast area......Fukushima had a low level explosion....not even reaching the upper atmosphere there fore not creating a large widespread radioactive fallout.....

you see the scale is the same for both maps......see the fallout areas.....fallout only occurs when the radiation is mixed with the dust ejected from the explosion.....that is how the radiation is carried and spread.

I am not attacking you here....i am enlightening your knowledge base.....the way to eliminate fears is through understanding......now after watching i ask myself...how much did he get paid to do this vid....and what is his interests in the natural solutions.

So in summing up...If you are going to start a thread....expect responses that don't always agree with what your presenting.....I mean really.....It was a promotional video....for natural solutions.

now who is natural solutions......natural solutions

so we now have an agenda......you see if you come on this site.....expect to have things questioned.....that whole vid was fear mongering for personal gains....i am saying this with out any gain other than to enlighten you on what you are seeing....so up to you whether to understand what is being said....or to choose to be duped for advertising purposes.....you are now armed and the choice is yours.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
Well if this site is about denying ignorance...this is defo the time to do it......It gets tiring hearing about the nuclear issue as....there isn't a issue......there was little....extremely little fallout from fukushima....not one....get this....not one single person has died as of a direct result from radiation caused by fukushima......this is fear mongering at it's worst,,,,but thankfully....over the years...people have come to understand the nuclear threat a whole lot better......and the safety of nuclear has proven itself over and over with the amount of energy produced by Nuclear compared to deaths per kwh produced by alternative energy methods.....

so take a hike....and learn a little.....

Energy Source Death Rate (deaths per TWh)

Coal – world average 161 (26% of world energy, 50% of electricity)
Coal – China 278
Coal – USA 15
Oil 36 (36% of world energy)
Natural Gas 4 (21% of world energy)
Biofuel/Biomass 12
Peat 12
Solar (rooftop) 0.44 (less than 0.1% of world energy)
Wind 0.15 (less than 1% of world energy)
Hydro 0.10 (europe death rate, 2.2% of world energy)
Hydro - world including Banqiao) 1.4 (about 2500 TWh/yr and 171,000 Banqiao dead)
Nuclear 0.04 (5.9% of world energy

Fascinating statistics. In your research have you come across the information regarding long term DNA changes and DNA degradation due to rampant, random, consumption of man made radioactive isotopes through water, food, inhalation etc.? At what point is the body incapable of processing the isotopes - tipping point? Have you read, or researched at all, the effects on a human's ability to express their consciousness through a body laced with man made radioactive isotopes in this quantity? What are all the health affects?

I'm also concerned, at least a little, that statistics, like anything else, can be manipulated a bit - are these? How do you know?

lastly, it seems the concerns people have is not immediate death, that is a preferred process in many cases when hit with something awful, but long term suffering. I have seen stories, reports, pictures of those in Iraq suffering from depleted uranium - gross defects, etc. Do your stats show, or prove, that there will be no, absolutely no, long term suffering from these reactor meltdowns? I can't tell from the stats if his is included or not?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

actually this data and long term effects of radiation...poisoning and the effects on people have been and are considered....japan are leaders in this very research out of being forced to learn to understand the longterm effects......since they were attacked....so if anyone should be fearful of the effects it would be none other than the japanese now wouldn't it....now i ask you...did you watch the video....and did you find it to be truth or fear mongering....

It was an ad campaign for natural solutions....nothing more and nothing less.

Am i fearful of the fallout from fukushima nope not one bit....would i be more concerned from the problems of chernobyl...absolutely.....i am trying to point out there is reasonable caution...but absolute fear....not a chance.

just as an after thought here....this is a site which talks about exposure times related to different types of radiation....and exposure time to the radiation is what is important is it not......

so this might be useful for analysis in regards to long term effects....also trying to keep in perspective the half life of any said radiation....

radiation status fukushima
edit on 053131p://f33Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I will go over your post in more detail when I have had the chance.for now,I will simplify my answer by saying: It does not take further education about nuclear power to know the potential devastation it has. You continue mentioning coal.the last time I looked,we are not making 'coal infused nukes'
( joking. )

I admit in my limited understanding of nuclear power/physics,that it scares me. If we had tried and true measures of protection,safe means of disposal and the complete abolishing of nuclear warheads/ including any way dreamed of for use in attack....I would probably feel a whole lot better about it's use.

I await the day that we have clean, free and efficient energy for all. An energy that hopefully can never be used for profit,war or destruction.

After watching the video again,I would mostly agree your assessment, that it could be viewed as an endorsement for 'natural solutions'. Not that there wasn't any worthy info. from the video,I did learn somethings I was unaware of previously.it would seem everyone has an agenda.no denying that.

I know not everyone will agree with me.I am not per se in disagreement on this particular threads responses.I clearly stated from the beginning I did not fully agree with the conclusion. I only took offense when you told me to get lost and educate myself . no harm done. I am overly sensitive today

I am always willing to learn. I honestly should look deeper into this overarching subject,if only for the sole reason that I know what I am reading/watching- a better understanding...in order to separate the "wheat from the chaff" instead of depending/trusting someones opinion. ( espec. dealing with "heavy" subjects like the OP )

I was hesitant about even posting the link & video,knowing I would be labeled a 'fear monger' . I often read more than post,unless I am familiar or highly interested in the topic. I posted out of curiosity to see what others thought and because I am from the school of thought that 'you just never know,anything is possible/ what if? ' so just in case,I felt the information deserved to be known,even if it turned out to be nothing but fluff.

ETA: I am sure you are aware of this,if not then here you go - from my understanding the '85 X more than Chernobyl Caesium-137 release quote,if there were another devastating earthquake' is what a lot of what this article/video among a couple others I have seen is going on about. I ask,wouldn't that be taken up into the jet-stream/ go into the ocean? ultimately being...well a disaster. not in the entire northern hemisphere is going to be obliterated way though.
edit on 26-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

... but the event only happened what.. 15months ago?

I think any major affects will take atleast 2-3yrs to show. Maybe if someone could bring up charts of birth defects, cancer rates and such compared to 2008,2009.2010,2011,2012 we could see if there's a spike?

Also, the general doesn’t say its happening he says is '' at risk of becoming '' and thats fair enough..

The radiation is still pumping out
Theres absolutely no plans to fix/finish/repair the site that have even remotely begun yet
and plutonium and reactor 4 are still seriously vulnerable.

while everyone shouldnt be running around like a headless chook, i do think it would server you better to accept, '' yes, this could be catastrophic ''

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

well you are onto something different here now....when you mention nukes.....nuke are designed for their explosive potential are they not....therefore the actual purpose of the nuke creates an explosion which in turn expels large amounts of debris into the upper atmosphere.....so one has the right to have concern for this type of radio active exposure as it is the worst type.
I am glad you are seeing the ad campaign hidden in the dark message there.....shame ....but fear is used all the time in advertising to get people to buy.
now coal infused nukes....good concept really....because then you could explode a nuke in the air above target and let the fallout do the damage to the people and not harm the infrastructure......are you sure your not a weapons designer.
as it stands now there are many concepts as to exploding nukes in the air to cause a EMP (electro magnetic pulse) which would disrupt all electrical equipment but not harm the people below with radioactive fallout.
Now as a clean safe way to produce energy it has been proven reliable and able to do the job.....and the more we use the technology the safer it becomes......now if we can move from fission into the fusion realm of nuclear reactors then we will even be better off.....now you say you look forward to clean cheap energy......well keep an eye on nuclear as it could be the very answer to your desires.....most of our peacetime technologies come through the military research for weapons where the tech is then re invented for peacetime uses.
I hope that as you learn about nuclear it will become apparent it is not something to be feared......it is something that can be used for good if we don't get hung up on the fact that it has been used for all the wrong reasons in the past.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

no not the nukes per se,at the end of my post are you referring? I was asking about the theoretical possibility of a future event ie. earthquake/tsunami near fukushima,I have read (and what the Gen. quotes in the video) that Robert Alvarez, former Senior Policy Adviser to the Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for National Security and the Environment at the U.S. Department of Energy was quoted as saying,in the event of another earthquake and the eventual failure of reactor 4,it would release around 85 X the amount of cesium-137 compared to the Chernobyl disaster.
If Fukushima Unit 4 Falls, Hazardous Radioactive Cesium-137 Release Could be Eight Times Worse Than Chernobyl

no weapon designing here haha the EMP nuke idea is interesting,and less lethal/less casualties ( I am willing to accept that faster than I would a human destroying bomb ) new show called 'revolution' based around that very concept,post-apoc humanity without the convenience of elec./tech. That is quite a scary future to ponder,with modern society and humanity practically depending solely on technology.

I am no professional outdoors man but I would manage better than most,some,it would be like fallout.I worry about the generations now coming up,I am only 30 but the younger generations are used to their convenient luxuries and reliant with their gadgets,I imagine it would be completely alien to them without tech. & electricity.

I will look further into nuclear energy...It is possible that I've played way too much Fallout
( The video game - for anyone who can relate with that statement
)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by leosnake

Wasn't the Ukraine part of Russia at one point though?

Yes, yes it was. In fact, for much of it's history it has been ruled by either Russia, Poland or Lithuania. Ukraine was created a Soviet republic in 1922, but wasn't independent until 1991. So, during the Chernobyl crisis, the response would have been coordinated and controlled by the Kremlin, in Russia.

Many of the workers involved in the initial cleanup were from Russia and a good part of the cost was carried by them.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

want to add for fng rusophobes
Chernobyl is not Russia but Ukraine
n responsible for Chernobyl are Ukrainians
Russian are responsible for Russia

The whole article is fishy from start to finish. Beginning with this "U.S. Army General Albert N. Stubblebine" - Now that's a phoney name if I ever saw one! Then there's this "Natural Solutions Foundation" which sounds like it was whipped up in two seconds. I'd never heard of it before anywhere.

Chernobyl is Russia, regardless of how the borders were changed in recent years. They speak Russian there. They look Russian, too. The only fishy part of that some of their women are unnaturally sexy to us Americans.

The root of all evil is Fukushima. I mean just look at that word "Fu*k You"-shima. If that's not evil I don't know what is. Orientals alone match the descriptions in the old scriptures of demonic beings, what with their evil jet black hair, yellow complexions, and those demonic eyes of hell... Not to mention their short stature, buck teeth, and unspeakable foods. Decades ago before the rise of political correctness, there was this thing called the Yellow Peril. It should not be forgotten so quickly...

edit on 26-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: drinking TOO MUCH! BAD BAD drinks

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Wow talk about sensationalism and fearmongering, this is it!

The whole Northern hemisphere will be uninhabitable and 10,000 people dead? Where's the PROOF?

This is a bunch of BS that holds no water. If people were dying, babies born with defects, there would be some evidence of this, but there is none. Show me that there is a significant rise in thyroid cancer in the past year, and the same for baby baby defects, then we'll talk.

Funny how Chernobyl was on par or worse than Fukishima, yet the N. hemisphere is still habitable.
edit on 26-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

Yes, by BS detector just went off.

It must be 2012.

The end is near.

That retired General has been running headfirst into too many walls:

Gotta love Stubbledine.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

Originally posted by leosnake

want to add for fng rusophobes
Chernobyl is not Russia but Ukraine
n responsible for Chernobyl are Ukrainians
Russian are responsible for Russia

The whole article is fishy from start to finish. Beginning with this "U.S. Army General Albert N. Stubblebine" - Now that's a phoney name if I ever saw one! Then there's this "Natural Solutions Foundation" which sounds like it was whipped up in two seconds. I'd never heard of it before anywhere.

[Snip]

edit on 26-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: drinking TOO MUCH! BAD BAD drinks

Regardless of how you feel about the video and article,the Gen. is very much a real person,and yes,that is his real name. ( from what I could gather) If anyone has anything to add about the eccentric General,please do.

I found that he was pretty prolific after the 9/11 attacks,stating planes did not hit the towers.He has a character based off of him in "the men who stare at goats" - have not seen the movie,so I cannot comment. He has been associated with fringe topics.

I will say,I do not know if he is either bats* crazy,a true believer or just in it for the money.I give him credit for having the stones to publicly say some of the stuff he does,having the military background.
( can anyone corroborate if he is truly ex-military??? )

oath-keepers
Major General Albert N. Stubblebine

Stubblebine graduated from the United States Military Academy and received a master's degree in chemical engineering from Columbia University. His active duty career spanned 32 years, and he is credited with redesigning the U.S. Army intelligence architecture during his command of the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command from 1981 to 1984. Other U.S. Army commands that he led included the Electronic Research and Development Command (ERADCOM) and the Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Stubblebine was a key person in the U.S. military invasions of Panama and Grenada and was, according to a report published by the Daily Mail, "at the heart of America's military machine". He is a member of the Military Intelligence Hall of Fame.

After Stubblebine retired from the Army in 1984 he worked for BDM Corporation.He also acted as a part-time consultant to two government contractors, ERIM and Space Applications Corporation. Stubblebine appeared in the 2006 documentary "One Nation Under Siege" in which he states, in relation to the attack on The Pentagon which took place on September 11, 2001: I look at the hole in The Pentagon, and I look at the size of an airplane that was supposed to have hit the Pentagon, and I said "The plane does not fit in that hole. So what did hit the Pentagon?"

A proponent of psychic warfare, Stubblebine was involved in a U.S. Military project to create "a breed of 'super soldier'" who would "have the ability to become invisible at will and to walk through walls". Stubblebine reportedly attempted to walk through walls himself, without success.He features prominently in Jon Ronson's book The Men Who Stare at Goats.

Source

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Wow talk about sensationalism and fearmongering, this is it!

The whole Northern hemisphere will be uninhabitable and 10,000 people dead? Where's the PROOF?

This is a bunch of BS that holds no water. If people were dying, babies born with defects, there would be some evidence of this, but there is none. Show me that there is a significant rise in thyroid cancer in the past year, and the same for baby baby defects, then we'll talk.

Funny how Chernobyl was on par or worse than Fukushima, yet the N. hemisphere is still habitable.
edit on 26-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)
ya i agree. it's way to easy to get caught up in all of the bs that is coming out about this. it's obviously not a good situation, but it's no the end of the world either.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Well, I did see the movie. Rather stupid one at that. I suppose I should have read the book instead.

Regardless, these guys manage--should I say, Are Allowed--to speak up to the news people because they have nothing credible to say and everyone knows they're of the "military lunatic" division. In other words, no different than the guys who were saying the end of the world was coming in May of 2011. This guy's a "Bob Lazar" of the military.
Probably hoping to get enough attention to launch a book of his own. ("Men Who Stare At Goats, Part II" sounds good.)

Any paranoid tabloid headline will find its way on to ATS. This should be a written "law" somewhere.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Fukushima reactors cannot be entombed until the fuel is removed.

The temperatures of the fuel MUST be kept down with water or the reactor fuel will start uncontrolled melting again.

a carbon pile reactor can not be cooled with water and a water cooled reactor must be cooled with water till the fuel is removed.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
[SNIP]
Radiation...is very different, than radioactive fallout, for all the fear monger-ers out there. Radiation is most commonly in the form of energy waves that travel short distances and can usually be blocked with dense materials like lead, or large amounts of water.

Radioactive fallout is the fuel, and byproducts of fuel that make the reactor produce heat, typically the only way for these to get out of containment is in a meltdown scenario. While reactor 4 is at risk of a meltdown, supposedly, it hasn't happened yet, although there was some fallout released by the other cores. Now, a lot of that radioactive material is made of heavy metals that will most likely just spread out over the immediate idk...100 miles ish (random guess) around the power plant. Only much lighter particles will become airborne and actually travel across the globe. Now I don't know what the chemical makeup of the fuel is or how much of the fuel is already spent but I don't see it as being very likely that a large amount of radiation will hit the western world. Even if a large amount does it will most likely be spread out of a very large area, reducing its effect drastically. This next part is common nuclear worker knowledge, it is much healthier to get a one time HIGH dose of radiation than it is to get a low dose over an extended time period, simply because one shot allows your body time to heal rather than being constantly bombarded.

In order for fukushima to render the northern hemisphere uninhabitable it would have to one
1) Release extremely large amounts of airborne radioactive particles that have a very long half-life.
2) Actually make it across the globe.
3) Not decay before it hits the ground.
4) Be evenly, heavily deposited across the world.

Remember, we get doses of radiation all the time from the sun. Our bodies are very resilient. So all in all, that's my argument to why fukushima, although a horrendous disaster, probably won't destroy the world (even though it would help to).
edit on 6/30/2013 by AshleyD because: Personal information removed at member's request.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by leosnake

Wasn't the Ukraine part of Russia at one point though?

never was

former USSR:
Preceded by
Russian SFSR
Transcaucasian SFSR
Ukrainian SSR
Byelorussian SSR

Succeeded by
Russia
Georgia
Ukraine
Moldova
Belarus
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan
Kyrgyzstan
Tajikistan
Estonia3
Latvia3
Lithuania3

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hardly breaking News

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Echotebarknwhale

United States public health authorities agree that tens of thousands of North Americans have already died from the Fukushima calamity.

Strange, if this were true you would think it would be all over the news

lol thats harsh BS.
I'm literally in the line of fire of radiation from Fukushima,
it's rained here a hundred times since and I haven't even had a cold.

what a load of fear mongering CRAP.

Have a look at birth statistics for the last year, those unborn children that didn't make it, were north american children, heart attacks increase in the population as exposure increases across the board, i recommend you start taking large regular doses of vitamin c if you are in the firing line from fukushima.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join