It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush I believe will get out of last 2 debates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Using the TOS ploy (Terms of Service)

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. television networks refused to play by rules restricting camera angles and reaction shots during the presidential debate and that may have given a boost to John Kerry (news - web sites), analysts said on Friday.

"Cutaway" shots showing either Bush or Kerry while they waited their turn to speak were expressly forbidden in a 32-page agreement negotiated by the two campaigns to govern conduct of the event.

But from the start of the 90-minute telecast seen by at least 62.5 million Americans, the networks defied the rules by making ample use of split-screen shots allowing viewers to see the two candidates side by side as one was talking and the other was listening.

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20041002/tv_nm/campaign_debate_networks_dc

Have to give this a USMC Outstanding and in less than 24hrs Bush Co may have gotten Mr Prez out of the next 2 debates coming up.

Look for news stories filling the airways with success in Iraq and against terrorism in the coming weeks.

Police foil plot to kidnap U.S. officials in Green Zone
story.news.yahoo.com.../usatoday/20041001/ts_usatoday/policefoilplottokidnapusofficialsingreenzone

[edit on 1-10-2004 by project_pisces]

Ya ole meaney technical writers

[edit on 1-10-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well it would do Bush a serviec to get out of debating, hes not very good at it. Why would the networks do that when they knew it was forbidden? Amazing, glad you brought this up.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just confused (wouldn't be the first time) but how did you arrive at your title "Bush might get of last 2 debates"? I read your link but no where do I see that Bush has given any indication of withdrawing.

A little clarification please.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Man I hope he does. Nothing would signal to the American public what a failure he was in the first debate. It would also leave a terrible view in people's minds that would have no chance of being reversed by a better perfromance in the next two.

Go for it Bush! Be a quitter!!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Unfortunately it would probably be viewed by Republicans as a smart stategic move rather than copping out.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have to agree with Bleys...

Is this one of those Bait n Switch threads?

Wheres the beef?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Lets call it a good guess on how it might pan out. Being in Tx politics for 4 years kinda showed me some of the devices used. I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Unfortunately it would probably be viewed by Republicans as a smart stategic move rather than copping out.

True, but who cares what they think. Its the undecideds that count and I don't think they would see it as strategic after his performance last night.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
project_pisces, please correct the thread title to one representative of the subject matter - and not in all caps.

Thx.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Good Idea..Change the title

Just prefix it with: I Think, or I believe...That might work..

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If he can possibly help it, he will get out of the debates...He was pounced by Kerry on his (Bush's) best subject,, so I would imagine this administration will do all they can to get out of another one..Try the terror alerts. They always worked before.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Good job changing the thread title pisces...I came in assuming it was your opinion but kudos to you for clarifying.

new topics

top topics

join