It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asthma Sufferers, What will we do when the SHTF?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by schuyler

First of all, I only called one member a troll and that was because he said, suck it up and die.
If I wanted that kind of advice I would have asked a group of highschoolers.
I could care less about anyones opinion about wether I should or shouldn't try to survive.
It's ultimately my decision and I want to survive. If you have something to add such as a suggestion as to something given to us by nature to help symptoms of asthma, then by all means have at it.
Other than that, I'm not asking for your opinion.

Then don't talk about it publicly. That's what you get when you pose an issue on a forum: Opinions. Like I said, I'm in the same boat. Why you would react like this to what is essentially a positive post is a mystery to me. The wonder drugs you have avaliable to you now simply will not be there in the scenario you propose. The only other advice I have is to move to a drier climate. My grandfather had lifelong asthma and lived in a very humid Tennessee. He moved to the mountains of Colorado and enjoyed some relief. I'm terribly sorry of this information upsets you.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

The very thought of not having any medication for my Asthma is too scary. I would surely die shortly after running out. So I too have been looking into what I can do to survive and manage my sickness.

My first step was to use our modern and currently working society to get Bronchial Thermoplasty. Figured I might as well use all my resources now while I have them. Bronchial Thermoplasty trials started in 2004. The procedure was approved in 2010 by the FDA. www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... Results have been VERY promising!

Bronchial Thermoplasty is not a cure by any means. I think it is a "plus" in helping control Asthma. My Asthma is very bad. I have a total of 43% lung capacity of what I should have, so this procedure was a MUST for me.

I went through my first procedure five days ago. So far, so go. I won't be able to tell you if I have any real improvement yet until after my third and final procedure. Each procedure is separated by at least three weeks.

My only post procedure side issues so far has been some, coughing, very little amounts of blood (normal) with mucus and a sore throat.

I too am looking into natural remedies. I have read up on the Mullein leaf and will be ordering it shortly. I plan to give it a try after my last procedure is completed and all is well. I want a good baseline on how I am feeling before I transition from all the strong medications I am taking now. I am aware of the placebo effect, so I will take my time and do things one step at a time.

Hope this info helps.

I am also looking at Black Walnut Hull.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join