It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Recall Election: Walker is Way Ahead - DNC Has Given Up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Rubio is extremely likeable! Smart, charismatic, roots as a minority, still conservative, with a model wife, both figuratively and literally!

Still, with him being so young and ambitious, I think it would be a mistake to hitch to Romney. I think the 2016 election is prime for Huntsman or Rubio, but a VP position would hinder them in 2016. Cabinet position would be a good stepping stone, but not VP.

Either Huntsman or Rubio would help the Romney camp immensely, but it would hold back their personal ambitions.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I prefer Jeb Bush.

------
When Scott Walker wins in a landslide victory on June 5, 2012 there will

be drastic changes made over at the DNC.

One sure thing is VP Joe Biden is gone.

-------
The ripple effects of the Scott Walker victory will be seen all across America.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Go ahead and put North Carolina & Florida in the Romney column.

I disagree.

I don't know about North Carolina, but Florida was a big Tea Party state, and those Tea Partiers are not living up to the hype. Governor Scott won a close election, and he hasn't been real popular, and Scott nor Romney are too popular in this state. With the Hispanic population and retirees, and young folks that like Ron Paul, I think Obama will take Florida with ease.

The only potential monkey wrench that could hit the gears would be Romney choosing Marco Rubio as VP. Rubio is technically not eligible to be president, but that hasn't stopped Obama, and Obama surely won't bring that up in the campaign!
Rubio is still hugely popular and he might swing the state in Romney's favor, but as of this moment, I'd say Obama has a HUGE lead in Florida.

Romney could take

Florida
North Carolina
Virginia
Colorado
and
Wisconsin

and still be short of 270

Obama just has to take

Ohio
Michigan
Hew Hampshire
Iowa

while he has a solid lead in Wisconsin and Colorado and a decent lead in Virginia

Florida is close -

The math for Romney looks pretty rough

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by getreadyalready

I prefer Jeb Bush.

------
When Scott Walker wins in a landslide victory on June 5, 2012 there will

be drastic changes made over at the DNC.

One sure thing is VP Joe Biden is gone.

-------
The ripple effects of the Scott Walker victory will be seen all across America.

Yes, Four billionaires flooding their money into a election is not good for America.

I Walker's state reaffirms his position, I think the state will get to learn the hard way.

Their employment situation is already pretty bad.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Truth is that cuts needed to be made, things couldn't stay the same without disaster happening fiscally. Walker at least had the balls to tell people that. I honestly don't know how union supporters can say with straight faces that things didn't need to change. I'm sure they liked the status quo, but when government employees end up with far better employment packages that can no longer be sustainable then the private sector has, something has to give. There was no way to keep things the same.

That all of the money and effort that nationwide Union supporters put into the whole Wisconsin fight, only to have it fail on them will be a pretty telling lesson to them hopefully. They made Wisconsin their "line in the sand" and now it looks as though they will lose for the third time in Wisconsin.

Just take a look at Wisconsin school districts before and after Walker.......you tell me if they are in better financial shape. The Wisconsin voters will determine if he should be recalled, regardless of how much money has been spent by both sides on this. Truly a waste of a lot of money by both sides.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Truth is that cuts needed to be made, things couldn't stay the same without disaster happening fiscally. Walker at least had the balls to tell people that. I honestly don't know how union supporters can say with straight faces that things didn't need to change. I'm sure they liked the status quo, but when government employees end up with far better employment packages that can no longer be sustainable then the private sector has, something has to give. There was no way to keep things the same.

That all of the money and effort that nationwide Union supporters put into the whole Wisconsin fight, only to have it fail on them will be a pretty telling lesson to them hopefully. They made Wisconsin their "line in the sand" and now it looks as though they will lose for the third time in Wisconsin.

Just take a look at Wisconsin school districts before and after Walker.......you tell me if they are in better financial shape. The Wisconsin voters will determine if he should be recalled, regardless of how much money has been spent by both sides on this. Truly a waste of a lot of money by both sides.

Scott Walker gave Wisconsin the medicine it needed.

Now a clear majority of people in Wisconsin can see and admit it.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Consider it a first, you've met a Romney supporter. Unions have became stagnant, I think they are still useful, just not in their present incarnation. I would like to see them as 3rd party mediators, bringing both sides together, rather than a divisive force confirming the us and them ideology.
edit on 27-5-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

I mean, just the biggest thing that bothers me about Walker is how he was sneaky when he signed that bill to take away women's rights

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yes, he signed a bill that took away women's rights! In Wisconsin, if you are a woman, you have ZERO RIGHTS BECAUSE OF SCOTT WALKER. If you are a woman, you can't vote, have children, protect yourself from rapists, have a job...NOTHING! Because he took away women's rights, gosh darn him!

Actually, we live in the realm of something called "reality", where he signed a bill that only revokes the extra avenue by which a woman could take someone to court. A woman can still sue because of discrimination, because of the CRA, she just has to do it in federal court.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join