It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need a BOV with Solar Panels...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ok, so you've got your solar panels on your BOL, but what about your BOV?
If you have to roll and the SHTF you might need solar to keep your appliances going, along with a voltage regulator + a decent leisure / Deep-Cell battery to store it all in...

This is my machine of BOV'ing and it's been quite a pet project. I go out in this thing all over the place, over the seas and bouncing up and down the countryside.
She's a worn battlebeast in some ways but she keep's on truckin'.

Now the key areas you have to remember is that solar panels DON'T 'run-out'.
They have no working parts like a wind-turbine nor do they require liquid fuel either.

If ever the fuel supply dries up completely this BOV will be parked up and used as a shelter / power-supply nexus / workshop

Now over to you lot, get cracking and start getting the solar pedal to the BOV metal!

edit on 24-5-2012 by WatchRider because: Another Addition!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Interesting setup. You should be good to go. Take it camping and put it through its paces. When planning for a vehicle like yours you can also look to the marine/boating community for a wide variety of innovative set ups.

Portable wind turbines and a good selection of solar arrays and batteries.

www.westmarine.com... ewTaskName=SiteSearchView&beginIndex=0&storeId=11151&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&N=377+710&Ns=Most%20Popular|0&sType=SimpleSearch&pageSize=10&Ntt=Solar %20Panels%20&TypeAhead

Wind turbines
www.westmarine.com... rchTermScope=3&Ns=Most+Popular|0&keyword=wind+turbine

I love these mastervolt batteries. Been using them on my sailboat since last season.
www.westmarine.com... 0543&classNum=50544

join