It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of ATS and other chat boards/systems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

In effect, the bill is an online stalker's dream. Of course, the most likely result of the bill's passage would just be the full-scale elimination of all comment systems everywhere, because the system is an unworkable burden on both the poster and the "web site administrators" who would need to respond to ludicrous take down requests at all times of the day.

Goodbye internet Anonymity

Looks like this could ultimately spell the doom for internet anonymity and enable Big Government to practice open internet surveilance legally in the near-present future. Oh sure they surveil us already as is, this bill could be the game changer that allows them to do it openly and legally.

Better start learning to mind your tongue conspiracy theorists, what you say is about to be monitored more closely now than ever. The implications of this being, it could end up rail roading the first amendment and open the door to legally violating american's first amendment rights. One more blow struck against the Bill of Rights coming. Lock and load.

It doesn't bother me; but I'm goofy like that.

I'm going to continue to spit in the faces of these psychopaths that think they are in control until I spit my last breath at them. My mom says, "Robert Alan you're going to get yourself killed."

So? Millions have shed blood for their country before I was born. What makes me so special? I never served in combat as a Marine, but I have the feeling that I soon will - as an American, and a Christian - defending my Family, my home, and the Constitution; which enshrines the God-given Natural Rights of Man, rights which are being stripped away day by day.

If I have to die so my children and grandchildren can breathe free then so be it. Either way, I win.

I don't like to take the Lord's name in vain, but in this case I think He'll let me slide: GOD DAMN THEM for forcing this fight on us.

edit on 5/25/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why don't we put the blame on this happening on the ones who have caused the problems.

Internet hackers, and criminals who have used anonymity to their advantage. Access of world wide net has made crimes of various sorts skyrocket.

The set up of crime and crime rings on the net is ridiculously high, and those who participate love using their anonymity, as well as technology to hide their crimes.

If we want to blame someone for our" internet freedoms" being taken away, lets blame the ones who forced laws like this to come to be.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Remember these 3 little letters, VPN

Security Kiss

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

In effect, the bill is an online stalker's dream. Of course, the most likely result of the bill's passage would just be the full-scale elimination of all comment systems everywhere, because the system is an unworkable burden on both the poster and the "web site administrators" who would need to respond to ludicrous take down requests at all times of the day.

Goodbye internet Anonymity

Looks like this could ultimately spell the doom for internet anonymity and enable Big Government to practice open internet surveilance legally in the near-present future. Oh sure they surveil us already as is, this bill could be the game changer that allows them to do it openly and legally.

Better start learning to mind your tongue conspiracy theorists, what you say is about to be monitored more closely now than ever. The implications of this being, it could end up rail roading the first amendment and open the door to legally violating american's first amendment rights. One more blow struck against the Bill of Rights coming. Lock and load.

It doesn't bother me; but I'm goofy like that.

I'm going to continue to spit in the faces of these psychopaths that think they are in control until I spit my last breath at them. My mom says, "Robert Alan you're going to get yourself killed."

So? Millions have shed blood for their country before I was born. What makes me so special? I never served in combat as a Marine, but I have the feeling that I soon will - as an American, and a Christian - defending my Family, my home, and the Constitution; which enshrines the God-given Natural Rights of Man, rights which are being stripped away day by day.

If I have to die so my children and grandchildren can breathe free then so be it. Either way, I win.

I don't like to take the Lord's name in vain, but in this case I think He'll let me slide: GOD DAMN THEM for forcing this fight on us.

edit on 5/25/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Amen to that.

Thats all i have to say and can say.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Security Kiss

Whose to say they don't have their fingers even in that?

Can you really trust something like that?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Security Kiss

Whose to say they don't have their fingers even in that?

Can you really trust something like that?

They have a very high WOT (Web of Trust) scorecard.

WOT

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join