It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of ATS and other chat boards/systems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

In effect, the bill is an online stalker's dream. Of course, the most likely result of the bill's passage would just be the full-scale elimination of all comment systems everywhere, because the system is an unworkable burden on both the poster and the "web site administrators" who would need to respond to ludicrous take down requests at all times of the day.

Goodbye internet Anonymity

Looks like this could ultimately spell the doom for internet anonymity and enable Big Government to practice open internet surveilance legally in the near-present future. Oh sure they surveil us already as is, this bill could be the game changer that allows them to do it openly and legally.

Better start learning to mind your tongue conspiracy theorists, what you say is about to be monitored more closely now than ever. The implications of this being, it could end up rail roading the first amendment and open the door to legally violating american's first amendment rights. One more blow struck against the Bill of Rights coming. Lock and load.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
THIS IS THE INTERNET POLICE.

YOU HAVE PASSED ON INFORMATION TO UNSUSPECTING USERS.

YOU WILL BE PUNISHED FOR YOUR CRIME.

PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR LOCAL POLICE STATION FOR CORRECTION.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I heard they are offering a really nice "Re-Education" system.

It's at a nice new camp.....FEMA or something like that.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

One time...at FEMA camp....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No it will not they alreay see everything you do here you will see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Look up Tor its a browser actually I'm running it right now. create a fake email address, a fake mac address, crack someones wep. and then see if they can link it back too someone lol

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This will be the end of my net time if it passes. With all the hacking (I was a joyful member of the PSN hack. After that, I'll never use my real name or whatever else I can avoid on the net again.) to demand that we offer up our personal info, just so we can be hacked and ID thieved isn't my cup of tea. I get that some use the net to remain "hidden" but let's not bs ourselves. The NSA tracks all our posts, web site picks, etc. This is fine, I don't care if they know where I go, what I look up, or what I say (it's my voice, after all).

But I do feel it's a waste of energy and time. In the end... I mean, read my nonsense... Who keeps up with that?!

The site ATS might die (I doubt it though, too many smart cookies around here to bow down so easily), but the spirit of demanding truth from those that chose to conceal it, that will never die. The spirit of ATS is a human nature thing, it's going to live on, somehow, someway. That's just how it is, or atleast, how I see it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i responded the other day to a thread similar to this referring to a similar bill infront of the EU here is what i said... . and also a link to the article. link

Things like this will kill the internet in my opinion, the ability to read and write with some anonymity is what draws people to sites like Ats along with many other. I personally am not ashamed of the things i post on this site as i'm vocal about many of the same things at home and in my personal life. Though i understand that some topics on here are ... for lack of a better word Taboo and the feeling for a need of anonymity when discussing said topics. All of that aside if this were to pass here in the states i would try my hardest to find a way around it, and if not i would severally cut down my activities online. It is of no business what i read, look at or think of online. Just as it is no business what tv shows, books i read, or thoughts i have in my head. Now i understand from the point of view of "our protectors" this system would allow for a "secure" system for online commerce and to help track "terrorist" and "criminals" , the problem is it would be abused every ones information would be out there for the govt, criminals, and ad agencies to view. to quote a Jay-z song 99 problems I know my rights so you gon' need a warrant for that "Aren't you sharp as a tack, you some type of lawyer or something'?" "Or somebody important or somethin'?" Nah, I ain't pass the bar but i know a little bit Enough that you won't illegally search my shift..... well that used to be the case but if this becomes law... say goodbye to warrants and hello to lets just peak around a little bit. just my .02 thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Uh huh this was posted yesterday. It was sent to comittee where it will probably die. If Sheldon Silver doesn't like it that will be the end. Since I don't see him pushing it I think it's dead. So no worries.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Introduced by New York State Sen. Thomas F. O'Mara (R—Big Flats), S6779 would require that any anonymous post online is subject to removal if the poster refuses to post — and verify — their legal name, their IP address, and their home address. From the (likely well intentioned) bill:

How do they intend to verify someone's name and address?

"A web site administrator upon request shall remove any comments posted on his or her web site by an anonymous poster unless such anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. All web site administrators shall have a contact number or e-mail address posted for such removal requests, clearly visible in any sections where comments are posted."

Of course. Make everyone post their name and address and say, "Yup, that's me". How naive can you be? How many people named Thomas F. O'Mara do you suppose there will be?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I heard they are offering a really nice "Re-Education" system.

Club FEMA no doubt. And the price for rejecting said re-education? One of those 450 million manshredders the DHS recently ordered right through your melon.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

How do they intend to verify someone's name and address?

No idea, but if they got your IP, who knows what they can do? They aren't developing facial recognition programs and linking all your info like driver's licenses to it for no reason.

Yoiu might laugh at this but, think Mark of the Beast. It's becomming reality and we're being pushed closer and closer to it every day.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Look up Tor its a browser actually I'm running it right now. create a fake email address, a fake mac address, crack someones wep. and then see if they can link it back too someone lol

Might have to do that.

Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Alot of starbucks and mcdonalds employees will be arrested.
Oh wait, those are the only companies hiring in the US.

This whole thread seems kind of silly with the patriot act active dontchathink?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I could easily have guessed which political party it originated from, but did check, just to make sure

Introduced by New York State Sen. Thomas F. O'Mara (R—Big Flats), S6779 would require that any anonymous post online is subject to removal if the poster refuses to post — and verify — their legal name, their IP address, and their home address.

edit on 24-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There is too much of crime on the net, of varying kinds and degrees.

If this bill would mean a crack down on serious crime ,I'm all for it., though I can't see it cracking down on the very serious underground network of very heinous crimes. Those types seem to be very computer savvy and no how to hide almost everything.

I really don't think , at least I hope, that the majority of law enforcement are to concerned about the average person with negative opinions on certain individuals in government, or talking about conspiracy theories.

heck, even the politicians do this themselves.

Plans on building bombs , and other dangerous type of activities and retribution need to be looked into though.

There are some good people in law enforcement, and I think they are much more concerned with serious situations, than they are about people who rant about their frustrations with the system.

Kudos to these souls who work diligently to try and put a stop to serious crime. You are my heroes and my saints.
edit on 24-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oddly, it just came out that Canada has already budgeted millions for their online spying act ... and it isn't even a law yet! my ats post

What is up with all the internet squashing tactics these days? Sadly, if I understand correctly, the American laws will effect anyone trying to use a website on an American server. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
This bull needs to be stopped, how many times must we say no to these ideas they come up with?

CX

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It makes me laugh that people shout about this and think that they are already posting annonymously because they gave themselves a username.

I say who cares.

Just imagine if that meant real photos too.

It might bring people a bit closer, and also stop people being so brave with rude comments because people will know what you look like.....and we'll also see that those who claim to be God's gift to women, are actualy probably sat in their basement with in food stained vest with only thier right hand for company.

CX.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They're already doing it, they don't need a law to give them permission. The only difference the law makes is it lets them use the information they're already gathering anyway in court without doing the extra work of gathering "legal" evidence.
....if their plan is to just dispose of you, they don't need the law anyway and they have more than enough information to make your demise look like an "accident".
Whatever it is that the law would possibly allow them to legally do is already being done, it's just a matter of what information they are allowed to use at the courthouse.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Oh sure they surveil us already as is, this bill could be the game changer that allows them to do it openly and legally.

Obviously you haven't heard of CISPA... poor poor peeps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join