It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFO's need lights?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Most likely its a coronal discharge from the energy created to get it to fly.

In electricity, a corona discharge is an electrical discharge brought on by the ionization of a fluid surrounding a conductor that is electrically energized. The discharge will occur when the strength (potential gradient) of the electric field around the conductor is high enough to form a conductive region, but not high enough to cause electrical breakdown or arcing to nearby objects. It is often seen as a bluish (or other color) glow in the air adjacent to pointed metal conductors carrying high voltages.

Source

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There are no stupid questions...
I think this has been brought up before in the past.
Light in an of itself may be the easiest form of communication. It's fast and contrary to what most people believe, humans do not know everything there is to know about light.
If we did we probably would be able to travel faster than it.

1) When trying to conceive about how another intelligent life form may have evolved, we are limited by human understanding. Maybe we need to stop thinking like humans...
or
2) Perhaps the UFO's with lights tells you something about the occupants... maybe they are not alien at all but humans who have figured it out already and are flying around. If you had the knowledge, would you share it?
Be honest.
or
3) The only reason we see anything is with light. Maybe it's how they show us they are visible?
or
4) Maybe light is their language... just because we use speech to communicate doesn't mean another life form would use the same thing.

Here's my question to you...
Why do some insects and fish use light?

I think it's silly at this point to assume that out of hundreds of thousands of sightings over decades, that all of them are hoaxes and misinterpretations of natural phenomena.
The problem will never be solved until we as a whole take the issue seriously.
Just my opinion.
edit on 24-5-2012 by YourNewGod because: I'm not perfect.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some great theories here! Thanks and a star for all who have replied...

I am still of the mind that it's a communication platform. Maybe with each other or trying to see if we can figure it out before making actual contact.

It doesn't keep me awake at night but I have thought of this many times and it has to have a logical answer...maybe?

Peace

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Because carrots don't really make you see in the dark!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by jude11

Most likely its a coronal discharge from the energy created to get it to fly.

In electricity, a corona discharge is an electrical discharge brought on by the ionization of a fluid surrounding a conductor that is electrically energized. The discharge will occur when the strength (potential gradient) of the electric field around the conductor is high enough to form a conductive region, but not high enough to cause electrical breakdown or arcing to nearby objects. It is often seen as a bluish (or other color) glow in the air adjacent to pointed metal conductors carrying high voltages.

Source

Ok, I can go with that when it's moving but what about the different colored lights circling in patterns when it's in hover mode or moving slowly? These are the ones that make me curious.

Peace

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
bakayaro....

ufo don't have lights

lights come from energy

the same way our sun shine in this vast darkness we call universe...

wow this is basic science 101
edit on 24-5-2012 by skywalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude, what do you mean by "Lights"?

I see many photo's and vids of craft with light resembling navigation lights, but I also see glowing craft, where the entire outer skin appears to glow.

As I posted earlier, the crafy with nav lights must surely be made on earth, even if they are anti gravity. However the glowing type of craft is something different and I'll happily believe they are OFF world devices.

So, why do they need lights? because they were made on earth.
Why do they glow? maybe from elswhere.
edit on 24-5-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Why do UFO's need lights on their crafts?

Firstly, you are assuming that all "UFOs" are crafts. Of the UFOs that have been later identified, some have been comets, the moon, venus, air craft, chinese lanterns, The ISS, and other mechanical objects of terrestrial origin. Zero empirically verifiable evidence exists of extra stellar mechanical objects.

But why here? Why in our skies?

Because we are here to view UFOs. We can't see a "UFO" on the face of Mars if we are not there to see it. People see what they set out to see. If you go looking for weird things in the sky, you are going to see weird things in the sky, lights or not.

link   
Maybe they are just as weary of us as we are of our own aircraft. Maybe they turn on their lights so we don't crash into them as they hover.

link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you for the star.
I think about these things too.
I also wonder about magnetism and sound and it's peculiar effects...
it's a shame that research into these fields seems to be forbidden in a lot of ways. That only leads me to want to delve deeper into them.
Did you know that Mercury when put in an centrifuge produces levitation effects and produces light?
I didn't until recently...
The pieces are all out there but it seems that very few want to put it all together or there are some that want to keep it all hidden.
Somewhere out there, I bet, there are a million Albert Einstiens that will never get the chance to really reach their potential because the world seems to only care about wealth and power rather than the betterment of the human race.
Very, very sad.

edit on 24-5-2012 by YourNewGod because: Because i care more about getting the point acroos than grammar.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Because they are manmade.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've posted before on ATS about seeing a triangle moving low (under a 1000 feet), slow and silently over Laramie in 1998. About twenty others with me saw it also. But the thing with lit up like a rock show with about a dozen of strobe lights that make it impossible to miss.

Oh, and the kicker is that we were standing around outside on a June evening after the evening's conclusion of UFO matters. This happened at the last Rocky Mountain UFO Conference.

We must assume that some of their lights are anti-collision lights, some for seeing the area in a natural way, and some, as with the epic Phoenix sighting, appeared to be an effect of the gigantic ship's "engines."

Reports of typical disks having rotating bands of colored lights also seem to be a way of drawing attention to themselves. Such is not outside the realm of possibility and fits exactly with their creating their own myth for us to struggle with. ...Almost seems they know the government is not going to touch them with a ten-foot pole anyway.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Energy release - propulsion - so they don't run into each other when docking by their buddies - scanners, or other scientific purpose. Or.. most likely, in our very primitive technological state, probably something we would have never thought of.

Of all the reasons people give for UFOs not being alien, "that they have lights" is imo, one of the stupidest. Lights are quite handy. We put them on everything, including our spacecraft. I'd imagine aliens would as well.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've seen one that was totally dark and only knew it was there because it blocked out the night sky and it was very low.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Most UFO's don't have lights... it seems that if they want us to see them they put on the lights just to make sure we see'em.

The majority UFO's are seen by accident, in which they don't have any lighting. Most of them are blacked out.

The UFO's that are caught on film are usally caught in the uv or ir spectrum light just out of visible range so they appear to be lighted when in fact they may not be!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab
Most UFO's don't have lights... it seems that if they want us to see them they put on the lights just to make sure we see'em.

The majority UFO's are seen by accident, in which they don't have any lighting. Most of them are blacked out.

The UFO's that are caught on film are usally caught in the uv or ir spectrum light just out of visible range so they appear to be lighted when in fact they may not be!

It seems that you are right in many of the cases but I am still curious about the craft that have rotating and/or multi-colored lights. These look like something out of a movie of course. Funny that shows like Star Trek and BG don't have these tho...

Peace

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
PROJECTS DOWN THE DRAIN!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthKorea
PROJECTS DOWN THE DRAIN!

Sure...Ok...???

And your contribution to the thread would be...?

Peace

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Why do UFO's need lights?

To keep away the heavies

I'll get me coat

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Because aliens have black eyes and need a little bright white light now and then...right? Am I right? Who's with me!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join