It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes the cops don't taze...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
OK, so this guy is berzerk. Go to the link and watch the video. He is harming himself, he is dangerous, he is combative to the cops, he is threatening them with weapons, he has drugs, and cash, and he is apparently intoxicated or worse. At one point, he even spits blood onto the cops, which is assault against a police officer, and maybe even worse!

So, with all the random tazing threads, I thought I would share a guy that desperately needed a good tazing, but the officers took the high road, and took him to the hospital, where he was eventually strapped down by the hospital personnel, because he was also abusive toward them.

Anyhow, good job on this one FHP, because I would have lost my cool.

Article with Video

Zachary Bird, 41, was northbound on the Central Florida GreeneWay near Curry Ford Road about 1:30 a.m. Sunday and apparently was speeding when his car almost hit the captain's car, which also was northbound, the report states.

Bird had alcohol on his breath, his eyes were glassy and bloodshot and he was unsteady on his feet, a trooper wrote. He refused to provide a blood sample.

Bird, an anesthesiologist, told investigators he works at Parrish Medical Center in Titusville and "treats you guys in the E.R," the report states. He lives in Avalon Park in east Orange County.

Bird was arrested on a charge of DUI about 2 a.m. after failing field-sobriety tests.

A trooper found $40,000 in his pockets and another $14,000, two handguns — a .44-caliber revolver and a .45-caliber semiautomatic — a bottle of pills and a vial of liquid in his BMW, according to the report. The drugs and liquid were sent to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for analysis.

Video from a trooper's car shows Bird banging his head against a partition inside a patrol car until blood runs down his face. Bird accused troopers of stealing his money, the report states.

Bird became enraged, spat a mouthful of blood into the sergeant's face and eyes and kicked the door so hard that he damaged the hinges, the report states. The car required several hundred dollars worth of repair and cleaning by a hazardous-materials team, said Sgt. Kim Montes, a Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman.

Troopers took Bird to Florida Hospital East Orlando, where he kicked a light hanging above a hospital bed and made threatening remarks to troopers, the report states. He said he could "take" all three troopers and emphasized that he had weapons at his home, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Very impressive! I suppose this goes to show that not all police are scum. Although some are not, I wouldn't care to push my luck with most. It's nice to know that there are some peace officers with a conscience out there. Great find.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Funny, I asked the cops to taze my niece and give her a taste of her own medicine. And they refused. Meanwhile she tried kicking and punching them as well.

I'm like, can't you just taze her. lol

It was horrible of me, I know. But there is only so much one can take.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ya, it rarely causes permanent damage, but it certainly sends a message!

I can't watch the videos from here, I can only see the links, but this song is an old favorite of mine. I hope it is the right video.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I once literally watched a guy get tazed off of his roof, and then he sued the %@# out of the police department. Now sits lavishly, well kinda...

Also personally know a person that was shot in the back by cops, and get a 3 million dollar settlement... he's paralyzed from the waste down...

Also, personally know a person who was tazed multiple times, then sued the cops and ended up with 6 figures in his bank account.

Now you know why cops sometimes don't taze. Well... not the only reason, but fear of being sued is surely on their minds.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, at the time, I admit, I was mad at her. Beating on us everyday was for the birds. And the taser seemed good at the time for punishment. She never got tazed though.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Oh ya! These days, I think everyone's number 1 motivation is liability and how to avoid being sued.

I also know some cops that have been sued for performing their duties.

One cop friend of mine got shot by an inmate during a transport, and as he was slipping in and out of consciousness, he pulled his car to the side of the road, and fired a couple of shots at the escaping convict, then he passed out. Turns out the makeshift bullet wasn't strong enough to penetrate his skull, so he just had a major concussion, and he had shot the escaping convict in the thigh and buttocks. The convict sued for excessive force, and my buddy got a 30-day suspension over the ordeal, because he violated policy by not patting down the transport (she was already in a jumpsuit, handcuffs, and shackles when he got there), and he violated policy by using his firearm when his life wasn't directly in danger.

Anyhow, I agree with you, the liability if you do, and the liability if you don't is the number one motivating factor in every cop's decision. Sometimes I'm afraid it is so engrained that it trumps even personal safety.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just bumping my thread for the night, lol! No updates on this particular story, but in related news, my local news story did not report any tazings tonight either.
They do report plenty of other typically terrifying things, and I remembered why I never watch the news.

top topics

join