It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Source Alludes to Martial Law Around July 1st, 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

They’ve already taken it all; Ft Knox is empty and the country is bankrupt.

The only thing left are our resources, which they want.

Everything is relative. With Europe in melt-down, U.S. looks better. This is evidenced by the low yield on the T-bills. Also the 1-year LIBOR for dollar denominated deposits is low relative the Euro right now which shows that many are still holding large amounts of U.S. dollars.

All of the world markets and currency are built upon paper tigers. If anything, Europe's problems will strengthen the U.S.'s economic position. That is, until we have Martial Law. Then the entire charade collapses and the curtain falls. People quit working, they "hunker down", and the whole enchilada goes bad.

I just don't see Martial Law as a viable strategy. The same as the Martial Law scares during the Bush administration. Remember those?

-SC

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Well said sir.

I live in an area of the country that is absolutely saturated with military bases and from what I know about our fine soldiers stationed around here I think you're spot-on.

-SC

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SkullCreek

Everything is relative. With Europe in melt-down, U.S. looks better. This is evidenced by the low yield on the T-bills. Also the 1-year LIBOR for dollar denominated deposits is low relative the Euro right now which shows that many are still holding large amounts of U.S. dollars.

All of the world markets and currency are built upon paper tigers. If anything, Europe's problems will strengthen the U.S.'s economic position.

The dollar will be a temporary safe haven…yes. World economies are so intertwined and interdependent that eventually it will affect the US negatively.

That is, until we have Martial Law. Then the entire charade collapses and the curtain falls. People quit working, they "hunker down", and the whole enchilada goes bad.

Sounds like how I envision it!

I just don't see Martial Law as a viable strategy. The same as the Martial Law scares during the Bush administration. Remember those?

YA, it’s a lot of fear mongering at this point; although we do seem closer to something like that happening these days. Look at the new tools enacted since Bush left (NDAA, SOPA, CISPA, ACTA, drones in American skies, etc). There have been large purchases of 40cal ammo by the fed (what’s that for?), new detainee training for the military and more rumors of FEMA camps.

Scary times!

edit on 24-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
my inside guy says you've all gone right out of your minds..i tend to believe him

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

my inside guy says you've all gone right out of your minds..i tend to believe him

Maybe so!

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!

I would rather be accused of wearing a tin foil hat than get caught ‘assuming the position’ that TPTB want me in.

By the way, you are aware that ATS is a conspiracy site, right?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I love the "my brothers friends aunts cousin who knows a friend that has a buddy that works for the government in a high ranking position" doom threads. Six degrees of separation and we can link ourselves to ANYONE we want so technically it could happen, but no....this is just another one of those threads.

Seriously. I will give the OP 1 million dollars in gold if this happens.

I'm in a good position I think.

I also am telling you its gonna happen, my source is Top Secret

Since its so far a reach, uuuhummm!!! buddy friend pal

how much a that ya got layin around there

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

no i was unaware of that..thank you kind sir

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
.... if martial law was declared it would lead the to civil war a ton of people have been "wishing for". It would provide a cataclysmic change to the national psychie (or however you spell it lol). These are strange and confusing time we live in all we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best at this point.

When I look around me, I know that America has gone totally and utterly wrong. I can critically watch media broadcasts and easily pick out errors of omission, misdirection and outright lies. I can see corporations and sold-out politicians that want total control of our populace from birth to death. I see a massive percentage of our young people that are completely uneducated and unemployable.

And then there's the government. Truth is, we no longer have a government. We have a mafia pretending to be a government. And this mafia is attacking us, looting the treasury and gathering up the real assets. It's one of the basic, fundamental shortcomings of man -- absolute control brings absolute corruption.

At some point, we will have to bring in a broom and clean house. If this mafia refuses to allow free and fair elections, I predict that a number of Americans will fight at some point. Thomas Jefferson addressed periodic revolution quite nicely when he said: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... ".

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well maybe we will once again be fighting for independence on this fourth of July. An important date for the wars that have been fought on American soil. I think the whole 'there's a rifle behind every blade of grass', should really be, there are ten rifles and ten pistols behind everylade of grass. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of veterans who are now experts in guerrilla warfare. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Martial law is going to be bloody......no doubt....
I think of Russia in 43/44when the german army had penetrated so deeply.....
The entire populace they "conquered"became a fifth column in their rear.......
No army of 30000 could tie up Springfield, let alone bigger cities....
It takes a ot of troops on the ground to hold it.The army would find itself surrounded by hostiles wherever it went.....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Well maybe we will once again be fighting for independence on this fourth of July.

Oorah! YUUUUTTT! (it’s a Marine thing)

An important date for the wars that have been fought on American soil. I think the whole 'there's a rifle behind every blade of grass', should really be, there are ten rifles and ten pistols behind everylade of grass. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of veterans who are now experts in guerrilla warfare. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Agreed! And some will be more than ready for what may happen...I will be.

I’ve gotta go old school (much older than myself - this was written more than 10 years before I was born but still appropriate)!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It wouldn't be martial law, at least not at first. Think some sorta of super flu released in the U.S. . This would lead to the shut down of air travel to contain the bug. Then as the majority of Americans lay sick or dying, role out the troops. Hell majority of Americans in the areas hit hardest will be begging the federal government for help. Most military servicemen and women will believe they were there to provide medical support and protection from looters. They would go door to door collecting guns, just like during Katrina. Thats how I would implement martial law if I was in charge.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Since its so far a reach, uuuhummm!!! buddy friend pal
how much a that ya got layin around there.

I sure hope it’s enough to pay up!!

We need to get his address. We’ll go collect when we get done popping blue hats.

Hey....a bet is a bet!

Just saying!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Just my opinion, but it sounds like a suicide mission for them.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

It wouldn't be martial law, at least not at first. Think some sorta of super flu released in the U.S. . This would lead to the shut down of air travel to contain the bug. Then as the majority of Americans lay sick or dying, role out the troops.

Right! That or another false flag terrorist attack; this time nuclear.

Who knows what the catalyst will be but martial law and FEMA CAMPS will be the end result.

Hell majority of Americans in the areas hit hardest will be begging the federal government for help. Most military servicemen and women will believe they were there to provide medical support and protection from looters. They would go door to door collecting guns, just like during Katrina. Thats how I would implement martial law if I was in charge.

The Katrina example is the likely reality…door to door thinking they're doing their job. That’s always the narrative we're fed (not spc ops but us grunts) that we’re “there to help,” so I think you’re right. However, I know many military guys (some current - most former) and cops (all current) and I can say that the majority know better. I’ve also heard from many military members here on ATS who call "BS" when asked about a Martial Law scenario.

When the SHTF the military and police know the score…we all have family and friends living in the community. Almost ALL military and police are FAR from being brain dead Kool Aid drinkers.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
No martial law until the drones are flying over head............Then info like this email could be taken seriously...

Put 30,000 armed drones over head.........then we are in trouble
Just curious...if foreign countries can hack our drones and bring them down, why can't domestic hackers do the same?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Just my opinion, but it sounds like a suicide mission for them.

I think so!

But…a plan is a plan.

I guess they’ll find out when they get here!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Before It's News

Is there really anything else to say?

Besides, I always think these sorts of things are either a Psy Op or whatever "official" channel is sourced just testing for leaks.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Threads like this NEVER come true. SO, with that in mind. he,he,he
More gloom and doom posted on A.T.S. Has anyone ever posted a positive thread on here?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by WiindWalker
reply to post by seabag

I'm staying. They can declare martial law, BRING IT
edit on 24-5-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

Me too. I am wondering how they plan to enforce such a law, in the face of millions of pissed off armed Americans? Isoroku Yamamoto of the Imperial Japanese Navy was asked about an invasion of the American Mainland, way back in the early 1940s. He was said to have replied:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

There still is a rifle behind every blade of grass.

They may get a tiny foot hold in the very northern portions of the U.S., but my senses say "they don't have a snowballs chance in hell down here in the south".

A rifle behind every blade of grass, accompanied by a revolver, semi-automatic, and a shotgun just for fun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join