It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quebec's 'truncheon law' rebounds as student strike spreads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Quebec's 'truncheon law' rebounds as student strike spreads

www.guardian.co.uk

A draconian law to quell demonstrations has only galvanised public support for young Quebecois protesting tuition fee hikes.

And Wednesday, on the 100th day of the student strike, Québécois from every walk of life offered a rejoinder to the claim that "marginals" were directing and dominating the protests: an estimated 300,000-400,000 people marched in the streets, another Canadian record, and in full violation of the new law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Looks like their stupid "law" is backfiring badly, glad that's the case. The law basically states that any groups bigger than 50 protesting have to submit plans to police 8 hours before, and they can be denied by them too of course.

Tim Pool who does Timcast has just arrived in Canada as well, and he'll be covering some of what's going on there soon as far as I know. That should be interesting to see.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I actually had to look up the word... "A truncheon or baton (also called a cosh, Paddy wacker, billystick, billy club, nightstick, sap, blackjack, stick)"

Which tells me enough about the legislators or whomever it was that wrote this.

Meanwhile all over North America... the citizens are more feared by those calling themselves "the government," and the fascist tiptoe, continues steadily onward.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Haha, yeah I forgot that many might not be familiar with the word! I've heard billy stick I think when watching Timcast footage, so I guess that's more recognizable to many.

Tim has arrived in Canada and started getting footage anyway, if you scroll to 16:30 on this recorded clip you'll get an idea of the scale of what's going on over there : www.ustream.tv...
edit on 26-5-2012 by robhines because: added

new topics

top topics

join