It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Games about Aircrafts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Forget realism the most fun I ever had playing a fighter game was with
STRIKE COMMANDER.

This game had gameplay with a bit of technical stuff.
Another game like this that comes to mind is -Secret weapons of the Luftwaffe.
Damn , I tried SO hard to get every one of my wingmen back safe( 2 were lost) in this game in the end it was almost a sense of euphoria.

I wish they come up with more games like these in the future.

Su-27 is a damn tough game, the controls themselves are around ten pages long!
How the heck did you guys finish it??

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Not very accurate but Crimson Skies is good fun if all you want to do is fly and shoot something (ground or air based). Horribly simplified and pretty much impossible to stall in it is for lazy evenings when you just want to relax and not worry about if your missiles are armed (ok I don't know if any game makes you do this).

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
What about Top Gun: Hornet's Nest and F/A-18 Korea?

Um... I'm going to pretend you never mentioned Top Gun: Hornet's Nest.

I didn't mention F/A-18 Korea because it's almost the same game as F/A-18 Precision Strike Fighter, just with a less stuff than F/A-18: PSF.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by D
I'm sure it is good, but I don't think I have the patience to learn to play it properly. I prefer games like Battlefield 1942 and Operation Flashpoint which as planes in it, (not a big variety though) and can fly it with relative ease and get into the action. I've always wanted to have a go at Flanker games, but they're a bit hard to find here.

Well, we're talking about sims, not action games.

Although Operation Flashpoint is probably one of the most expansive, realistic war games ever made.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Forget realism the most fun I ever had playing a fighter game was with
STRIKE COMMANDER.

This game had gameplay with a bit of technical stuff.
Another game like this that comes to mind is -Secret weapons of the Luftwaffe.
Damn , I tried SO hard to get every one of my wingmen back safe( 2 were lost) in this game in the end it was almost a sense of euphoria.

I wish they come up with more games like these in the future.

Su-27 is a damn tough game, the controls themselves are around ten pages long!
How the heck did you guys finish it??

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe was a GREAT game! It was very realistic, and the influx of German superfighters was an awesome touch. Campaign planning was really cool too.

Unfortuantely, these games are probably dead, since the 1st-person shooter and real-time strategy genre runs the table now.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Man
Why did you split up your response into 3 posts?
And what's so funny about mentioning TG:HN?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
Man
Why did you split up your response into 3 posts?
And what's so funny about mentioning TG:HN?

I make posts depending on the message I'm responding to.

And Top Gun: Hornet's Nest was probably the worst sim I've ever seen. I could understand if they were trying to make an easily-accessible quick action game, but they even went too far in that.

In regards to a sim, it just plain stunk. Nothing was right. Hardly a game that was enjoyable. Even Top Gun: Fire At Will was better.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I used to love the old Janes games, USNF, ATF, USNF97 etc...
IL-2 Sturmovik is another fairly realistic flight sim, If your into the older planes.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I pity you people.

The best airplane game has and will always be Microsoft Flight Simulator and everything within that series which include combat flight simulator, a century of flight etc etc...
click here

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
you guys left out janes USAF, now thats a cool game. im a One star general in that game with over 500 personal air to air kills!

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
USAF is one of the best aircraft games. Sadly since I put XP on my pc, it doesn't work right. Now the only aircraft game I play regurally is MS Combat Flight Simulator. WWII stuff is fun, but I miss my Aim9s and Mavericks..

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Guess I`ll respond to a two year old thread. Me and my buddies like falcon 4. we use the newer falcon AF. same falcon, less buggy still has camp engine and all the complexity that makes it the coolest military jet flight sim ever.

wildcat.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
you can register actual flight time with the FAA, rather than rent an aircraft and go fly.

This is such an insult I do not even know where to begin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join