It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember The Sunday School Teacher Murderd Shot 6 Times By A Police Officer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Anyone that has read my posts in other police brutality/excessive force threads knows that I am not a cop supporter.
In this case, I believe that the cop should have shattered the window by another means if possible.
I do question why the woman rolled the window up on his arm and started driving away. That isn't exactly something that accidentally occurs. She made a conscious decision to trap his arm and drive away, thereby endangering his life.
I do not believe anyone should get a payoff for her extremely poor choices of action in this case.

watch this video.....
LINK

-Alien

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Looks like there finally has been some semblance of justice in this case.

Source

A former Culpeper police officer was found guilty Tuesday of voluntary manslaughter for fatally shooting an unarmed woman while on duty. Daniel Harmon-Wright, 33, was also convicted of malicious shooting into an occupied vehicle and malicious shooting into an occupied vehicle resulting in a death. A Culpeper County jury acquitted him of another firearms charge.

Harmon-Wright had been charged with murder, but jurors could decide whether to convict him of first-degree murder, second-degree murder or manslaughter. He faces up to 25 years in prison for his convictions, according to media reports. The jury is scheduled to return to Culpeper County Circuit Court on Wednesday to begin the sentencing phase of the case.

Maybe this'll serve as a wake up call for this dept, but since this is the exception, i kinda doubt it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

She thought she was doing nothing wrong and objected to giving her license for sitting there (not a moving offense) and since the officer objected to her presence in the parking lot she opted to ignore his (unreasonable in her opinion) demand and drive off instead. Being a policeman he demanded compliance and her act of driving off was not just non-compliance in his mind; it was an act of defiance - "dissing" and when you diss a cop you can expect to get shot about half the time it seems. Bad bet on the lady's part but not justified in the least. I would call it 2nd degree murder in fact.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just an update on this.

The jury has found the officer guilty of voluntary manslaughter

Former Culpeper Police Officer Found Guilty of Voluntary Manslaughter

Former Culpeper Town Police Officer Daniel Harmon-Wright was found guilty Tuesday on three charges -- including voluntary manslaughter -- in the shooting death of a woman in the parking lot of a Catholic school last year.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Alien Abduct

....police officer states that he had no choice but to pump 6 rounds into the vehicle and Mrs. Cook for fear of his life.

Guess they need to stop hiring a bunch of scare-d-cats huh?

Hmmm...even the excuses are childishly weak.

ONE round put into the window supposedly trapping his arm would have shattered it and freed his arm.

Fear for his life?

Even if the story was true, he must have a very low IQ if breaking the window didn't occur to him.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Even if the story was true, he must have a very low IQ if breaking the window didn't occur to him.

You are probably right about the IQ. I google searched 'cop low IQ' and got some interesting hits.
Like this:
ABC News

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

First I will vomit, then lay a hardcore on that bastard cop, and all his aids. No doubt the pigs tossed him around because they weren't sure the 5 shots did the job. Those brave cops really endangered themselves by getting so close to the blood. I gotta get out of this place, amerika, just gotta get out. Mother xxxxxxx.

You'll get used to it, people. It's called assimilation. I'm a bit surprised by how panicked the master have become. All those cop shows about aids™ didn't do the job, eh? So now it's this. By using rahm's new immigration floodgate policy, they'll have us bending over naked in handcuffs after the acceptable levels of police brutality are raised to new heights simply because they want to come here. It'll be a nice, democratic show of hands, planned mob rule.

I remember when I used to say crazy, whacked out conspiracy stuff like 'they want to make it so if you have so much as a piece of steel in your hands they'll shoot you'. That was when I heard of drones, around the turn of the century. I knew it was only a matter of time, because I know how they think, and why they think thusly.

Maybe with the new memorial, everyone will appreciate why it happened. The holocaust, I mean. Did they not warn of this state with the cop programming coming out of hollywood? Everywhere you look it's one cop state power added to another, while they screw each other under luxury 100 foot high ceilings, and pry into computer records, tweets and texts, where you were and where you're headed~and DON'T YOU LIE TO ME I'M A COP from just a read on your plate.

We've been made to listen to them, under penalty of death. Now they are going to start listening to us.

F em. F em ALL.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I feel I have to add something.

A little while ago I dropped by a friend's place, who is largely considered 'schizophrenic'. Once I got to know him, and he became comfortable, he began to attempt to harness whatever spiritualism he could get from me, and relay back and forth to the voices that control his every impulse. I started to weary of putting on my best clothes only to have this guy stand at attention every time they farted some message into his head.

Well, one day, out for a walk past his house, I was invited to sit in at his table, where he and an old buddy were consuming bloody mary's. Now I may not be the most sensitive person when it comes to mores and such, but the discussion turned to things like water having memory, metaphysics and such. In short order, I noted that the cop was drunk to the gills on the juice, and I bid them adieu.

Here's what happened. The cop said, 'nice that you're leaving, don't come back soon'.

"Excuse me?"

With this he stood up and put his chest in my face and picked a fight.

I don't know where I got the words but I did, and spoke them like a certified curse to his deranged steroidal mind. I explained to him exactly why he is a cop, and why he's on psych leave. I told him stuff about his person that I had no way of knowing. Also I knew that he was driving, would pursue me, and he was armed, being a cop and all. A fistfight was out of the question. It would have ended with bullets, no matter which way the fight went. The situation smacked of being in Key West while utter homeless heroin riff raff tried to get me to go on a 'boat ride', one after another.

And my little schizo friend? He sat at the table beaming from ear to ear, enjoying the show, his brain connected to a strand. What a great host. What a great friend. I had poured days of my time into him, and along comes Johnny cop, and mister vodka, for a one hour visit the first in 20 years, and I am laughed at by this quivering mass of twisted nerves as though I were there to amuse him. The confrontation could have only ended in death, and I suspect that the cop was there as a plant, knowing I walked my dog that hour, each day, to check up on the friend I tried to assist. Well, he can't be helped. He likes it. He is the smartest person 'they' have ever encountered. They remind him every day.

Yes, they are hiring cops to be trained unconscious killers. Zero moral value. There's a reason for this. They are here to do what they are told, like mob button men, without even taking a verbal command over their radio. I fear them. I fear detainment, because I will most certainly wind up swinging from the ceiling in my cell. It is already programmed into the machine.
edit on 30-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

....police officer states that he had no choice but to pump 6 rounds into the vehicle and Mrs. Cook for fear of his life.

Guess they need to stop hiring a bunch of scare-d-cats huh?

I'm gonna make a WAG (wild-assed-guess) that Der Storm Trooper had propositioned this lady for a little "action" and she rejected the offer. He panicked and unloaded on her.

There's only one thing that (blue-line gang) cops fear today -- and that one thing is having the laws used against them. Got a dashcam/mic? Or two, or three or ......

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join