It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melanin and the Pineal Gland

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Oh no, you got Hermes staff in your icon. Decendant of Loki the trickster
Just kidding. I don't seem to have a family crest but I have the day after Christmas named after my family name.

The day after Christmas ? You must be british. You refer to boxing day ? The day after Christmas is just, dont bother me I ate too much day here in the US. Also, the day to go and exchange the gifts you dont like. Your family name is Boxing?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

There you go. Thanks for that. I love civility but hardly every find it here at ATS.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R), also known as melanocyte-stimulating hormone receptor (MSHR), melanin-activating peptide receptor, or melanotropin receptor, is a G protein-coupled receptor which binds to a class of pituitary peptide hormones known as the melanocortins, of which include adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and the different forms of melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH). MC1R is one of the key proteins involved in regulating mammalian skin and hair color. It is located on the plasma membrane of specialized cells known as melanocytes, which produce the pigment melanin through a process referred to as melanogenesis. It works by controlling the type of melanin being produced and its activation causes the melanocyte to switch from generating the yellow or red phaeomelanin by default to the brown or black eumelanin in replacement.

It looks like the secretion of melanin is closer related to the pituitary gland. Some chakra methods include this gland with the pineal in the crown chakra. Freckles are usually caused by a defective MC1R gene.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was taught every time a ginger steals a soul, they gain a freckle

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Was this a reply to my previous comment, an addition, or? I thought the MCR1 Gene mutation was involved with red hair and not freckles. My hair is Auburn, a combination of brown and red. Whenever I get in the sunlight especially it turns bright red. Hmm, I still wonder about this xD

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Sorry, I just saw your post on the pituitary on the last page. So no, it was neither. And to answer your question the gene is related to both freckles and red hair. hmg.oxfordjournals.org... Wonder is good...

edit on 23-5-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

My pleasure...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yes, wonder is good (: It helps us explore new ideas and possibilities. Thanks for the additional info nonetheless on your post. Cool we both kinda came to a roundabout conclusion to the same topic. I will continue researching this and posting conclusions. But riddle me this, if the secretion of Melatonin from the Pineal gland, is what stimulates the MSH from the Pituitary, then would an overactive or strong Pineal gland producing lots of Melatonin, also cause the stimulation of MSH from the Pituitary, causing the formation of freckles or darkened skin. The MCR1 Gene could explain why the people with it freckle instead of tanning like they should, and the freckles act effectively absorbing more sunlight?

/E: I am not in any way saying you are wrong, but I still think based on the conclusions we both came to about how it MSH is produced, that there may be a connection.
edit on 23-5-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

No, I'm a Finn. I grew up with a boxer named shubby though.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I agree.... I was somewhat wondering the same thing. In a spiritual sense I have a hard time seperating the energy from the two chakras. I have sometimes succeeded but it is a very rare occurence. Probably why some techniques just blend the two together. They definitely have a strong connection.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Hmm, have you had any attempts at sungazing? I was wondering about it's effects on the Pituitary and possibly MSH.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No, I have no experience in that regard. Sorry.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

No matter, my friend. I will attempt to dig a little further. Thank you for clicking on my thread and helping me to further my research and understanding

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If I were a betting man I'd guess that your blood type is RH- correct?

A negative rh factor is correlated with a higher propensity for psychic ability, which is to some degree regulated by the pineal.

It is the combination of the pineal and pituitary that create the third eye, so it's interesting that the pituitary has a connection with melanin (if I read that correctly.)

Interesting fact, the Pineal manufactures melatonin, methylated once through body processes melatonin becomes seretonin. Methylated once more it becomes '___', which is released during birth, death, and other peak experiences.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I have no idea as far as blood type which I have been interested in discovering for quite some time....I have made several inquests when giving blood to be notified of my blood type and they have failed to do so every time. I myself feel as if my blood type means something to my quest, but finding it out has been a struggle in itself.

However my mother often has precognitive dreams, and at times I think I have received a bit of her ability. I have pretty good intuition myself, often having tiny revelations that connect really big dots for me, or being hit with thoughts that turn out true, etc.
edit on 23-5-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
there is a connection between melanin and spiritual advancement. thats why its good to get out in the sun and eat lots of greens.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Pineal gland secretes melatonin which activates the pituitary gland to release MSH (melanocyte stimulating hormone) it is in the melanocytes that melanin is produced.

So in a way the Melatonin being secreted by the Pineal gland does in fact cause Melanin to be made.

All of that activity takes place in the skin, not the brain. The Pituitary gland is not part of the brain either.

The premise for the entire post has been proven false and therefore any conclusions drawn from it are rendered false as well...

I honestly find it hard to believe that anyone would take that article seriously in the first place.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
there is a connection between melanin and spiritual advancement....

BS....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I have no idea as far as blood type which I have been interested in discovering for quite some time....I have made several inquests when giving blood to be notified of my blood type and they have failed to do so every time. I myself feel as if my blood type means something to my quest, but finding it out has been a struggle in itself.

Find out your mother's and father's blood types. If they are both rh- so are you.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I see you have failed to connect the dots, let me help. While the Pituitary gland is not technically considered part of the brain, it is located at the base of the brain stem, and it does in face produce MSH, which is what activates the melanin that clusters and forms on your skin causing freckles...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join