It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your Mental Sanctuary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sometimes in a group setting, I find it hard to be in my own thoughts. It is almost like I can feel other people's minds at work, and it distracts me.

That is why I think everyone should have a mental sanctuary, a location where you can be completely in your own thoughts, unclouded from other people's wavelengths.

For a semester in college, I had a room mate. Because of this, I never found the dorm room to be completely mine. It was hard because it was not just my energy in the room, but also his. There were times I just wanted to be in my own mental place, so I found a nice student lounge that was relatively un-busy, and there I was able to think and just be able to ponder things.

That was then. Now I live in an apartment complex, and even though I have my own room, I still find the building to be swarming with other people's thoughts and vibes.

Because of that, I would have to say my current mental sanctuary is my car. My car is completely my own, and whenever it is too loud in the apartment, I can go out to my car and be completely alone with my own thoughts. It is a great feeling and very beneficial to my well-being.

I just felt like sharing and wanted to know what location you consider to be your mental sanctuary.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My sanctuary is my parents farm. The many treestands in the woods to be exact. I love to just sit out and watch the wildife any time of the year wether I am hunting or just photographing it does not matter. I also spend alot of time in my garden and in the woods around my house. I am lucky enough to have these places to go. I feel bad for those who live confined in cities and cannot enjoy the outdoors like I can.
edit on 22/5/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I'm in college right now and I've never had that problem with a roommate before; guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The perfect place for me is my bed with my music, and I just slowly drift off to sleep while listening.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I am the same way. Mine is my bedroom. I have crystal grids on display to create good vibes :-) also lots of geodes and a couple salt lamps (very handy) displayed.

I got rid of my ps3 and 42" hdtv about five years ago and started collecting books and studying music theory more in depth. I find television and movies in general to be extremely boring and plagued with consumer culture...
I would rather watch Carl Sagan's The Cosmos.

I have a spot with a nice buddha tapestry and a hand welded 100% star tetrahedron (made from precious metals) which can help activate subtle energy fields (merkaba)

i am saving up for an isolation tank. those things are pretty awesome and fairly compact. you can get one for about 1500 - 3000 low to mid range quality.

anyways yea

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Mine is up back behind my house in the woods, hedgerows and fields where I walk my dogs daily.
Can't really let go of the day's stress until I get there.
edit on 22-5-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
double post; apologies
edit on 22-5-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Well currently I don't have one. But I used to have a real good one, well it was mine as it was home to a few other people I am honored to call my friends. Just tranquil forests and waterfalls. And mind bending experiences that brought us together.
edit on 22-5-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Another mental sanctuary for me would be the shower.

It is incredibly purifying and refreshing to take a shower after a hard day's work. You can literally feel the day being washed away. It is great.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
None of your business really.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I find everything now has too much other energy. I don't have anywhere that I feel completely mine. Even my sleep is like entering a torment most night. Waking up feels like I've been released from hell.

There is just so much negative energy either following me or around me where I live, that it's constant.

Try telling a quack that.. lol. here have some more medication... :^/

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

My sanctuary is my garden. I feel quiet when I am digging in the dirt.

Another sanctuary is a musical instrument. I can just close my eyes and listen to the instrument and let my fingers do what they want to do and just flow into it and become the music and become the instrument.

I learned quite young to retreat into my mind and completely dissociate from external stimuli as a defense mechanism. So, if I am feeling overwhelmed I can easily "tune out" while still being productive.

But, I do prefer taking walks in the forest or a park or playing music to relax.

top topics

join