It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear explosions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nuclear Explosions

Check out this map.
God knows what explosions have been after 1998...

USA (blue): 1039 Events
USSR (red): 781 Events
France (green): 198 Events
China (yellow): 45 Events
UK (orange): 45 Events
India (brown): 3 Events
Pakistan (purple): 2 Events
Unknown (grey): 1 Event

I�ve just found this map, and I found 3 things noteworthy.

1. 24 x UK/US underground nuclear explosions in Nevada, US
2. Explosions spread all over USSR. Why didn�t they concentrate them on just a few testsites?
3. Unknown explosion south of Africa, 22 SEP 1979 (Any theories who that might have been?)

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

2. Explosions spread all over USSR. Why didn�t they concentrate them on just a few testsites?

Because most of it is uninhabted tundra...so no biggie...

3. Unknown explosion south of Africa, 22 SEP 1979 (Any theories who that might have been?)

Seeing that the other SA explosions were US, seems reasonable to assume that it was likely a more secretive test by the US....

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
1 of them is unknown but thought to have been a South Africe test.. Satillites picked up a bright flash in the south of africa... i guess the rest is classified

Tsar

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Tsar_Bomba_Freak]

E_T

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsar_Bomba_Freak
1 of them is unknown but thought to have been a South Africe test.. Satillites picked up a bright flash in the south of africa... i guess the rest is classified
The Vela incident
One of the clearest indications was from ocean acoustic waves detected by hydrophones. The hydrophone data indicated signals both from a direct path originating near Prince Edward Island and from a reflection of Scotia Ridge in the Antarctic and the Antarctic ice shelf. Analyses of these signals conducted by the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) confirmed that they had been generated at a time and location consistent with the Vela 6911 detection and that their intensity was consistent with a small nuclear explosion on, or slightly under, the ocean's surface. This evidence alone, if accepted as valid, should be sufficient to confirm the accuracy of the detection [LANL Daily News Bulletin 1997]; [Albright 1994b].

The radio telescope at Arecibo, Puerto Rico detected an anomalous traveling ionospheric disturbance (that is, an upper atmosphere wave) moving southeast to northwest during the early morning hours of 22 September 1979, something researchers had never before witnessed. Powerful explosions create ionospheric disturbances from the direct transmission of the upward propagating shock wave to the ionosphere.

Unfortunately efforts to detect the one completely unambiguous "smoking gun" signature of a nuclear explosion, guaranteed to silence skeptics, namely radioactive fallout, failed. The U.S. government quickly launched a major effort to collect samples of the fallout cloud, but Air Force attempts to sample the fallout failed to enter the low-pressure air mass that had been over the detonation site at the time of the explosion (what the problem was I do not know). However Dr. Van Middlesworth detected low levels of iodine-131, a short-lived radioactive fission product, in sheep thyroids in the states of Victoria and Tasmania in western Australia soon after the event. Studies of wind patterns confirmed that fall-out from an explosion in the southern Inidian Ocean could have been carried there

nuclearweaponarchive.org...
fas.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Can you explain to me why this was noteworthy? Isn't Nevada Test Sight common knowledge?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Can you explain to me why this was noteworthy? Isn't Nevada Test Sight common knowledge?

The noteworthy part was that orange dot in the middle of US on the map. Just looked strange, that�s all. I never had a clue that UK had any involvement with those tests. I guess it�s common knowledge...
I guess it just shows how much (little) research I�ve done on that part.
Those blue dots on Japan is no news to me though.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
the grey one is most likley u.s.a cause mcdonalds island is close to there

yes ye smcdonalds island tha name of a fast food take away but it does'nt mean anything towards that

new topics

top topics

join