It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Morning ATS!!! And P.S. - Bush Still Lost.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Yeah, he shoulda probably worded that one differently

Yep, that was a funny one, and he took a long time to stammer through that thought...I swear it looked like he was trying to pluck a thought from the air, hehe...(or perhaps speaking to God on it?)

At least he basically stated "no draft", so that was a smart move... about his only one of the night though...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Oooh, do we get to recount our favorite Bush moments?

Mine was right after Kerry made his comment about how he could sum up Bush's Iraq policy in 4 words ("more of the same"). And Bush gets a 30 second rebuttle I believe. The camera cuts to Bush, and just look at him. Is that the look of a leader? He stands there for at least 3+ seconds, staring dumbfoundedly at the camera, before he finally rattles off another one of his trite, ready-made comments.

His advisors need to 'advise' him that, if he can't come up with anything good to say, at least stare down at the podium, use some time-buying phrases like, 'well ya know." ANYTHING. Don't just stare at the freaking camera looking like a moron. That's embarassing for both Bush and ourselves as Americans, to watch our 'leader' looking so silly in front of a national (and probably international) audience. It was shameful.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by W_HAMILTON]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Any reason why Mr. Kerry wanted to "hold" hands with Mr. Bush?
Anyone remember and see that Bush had to literally yank his hand from Kerry's?

Whats up with that? Freak is my guess...

seekerof

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A bit homophobic there Seeker. My guess is he wanted to convey something, like condolences for losing, to the guy.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yeah, you got me on that one scottsquared, but he's still a freak!

seekeerof

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I hear a CHORUS of Angels!

Originally posted by Seekerof
That adage of "what goes around, comes around" has a tendency to hit pretty hard, but nonetheless RANT, tis certainly something to keep in mind.

No doubt being on the holding end of that poop covered poke stick the past fours years has evidently provided you and the rest of the gloating minority from 2000 some sorely needed insight Seekerof.
Had only such wisdom not come at such a cost so late in the game. But live and learn I say! And very glad I could help.

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Wow! If I Make some Bush jokes and call him some names can I be a moderator too?

Anything's possible and miracles happen every day.
I hear some posters muddle through with no funny bone whatsoever and a bitterness that knows no end. My prayers are with them this glorious day.

Originally posted by Herman
RANT, that was an extremely immature post, and from a moderator that's really bad.

Herman my friend, ya know I love you.
But let's pick up that maturity debate another time as I'm rather busy until 2008 when you're actually old enough to vote in a Presidential election. Just copy/paste any old chain mail in the Political Debate forum and I'll come a running for mah scoldin' on immature posting.

Now excuse me while I make some more coffee on this wonderful day.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Sugar or cream?

Yes RANT, enjoy that coffee this lovely morning indeed.

Hope all goes well for you today, cause despite those CNN polls concerning the debate, has CNN, by chance mind ya, shown any of the national polls and the mere factoid that Mr. Bush STILL maintains a double digit lead over Mr. Kerry on Iraq and terrorism issues?

Has CNN or Mr. Kerry gotten around to "global test[ing]" that yet?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Sugar or cream?

Yes RANT, enjoy that coffee this lovely morning indeed.

Hope all goes well for you today, cause despite those CNN polls concerning the debate, has CNN, by chance mind ya, shown any of the national polls and the mere factoid that Mr. Bush STILL maintains a double digit lead over Mr. Kerry on Iraq and terrorism issues?

Has CNN or Mr. Kerry gotten around to "global test[ing]" that yet?

seekerof

See! I knew ya had it ya Seek! Don't let anyone ever tell ya you learned a damn thang.
The only Republican that should ever have to take it like McCain is frankly McCain.

Keep the faith!

Bush still has this one locked up.

:shakesheadvigorouslywithchoir:

Advice, not just for Democrats anymore.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh..wait...Bush has an excuse...Republicans are claiming he was tired and emotionally drained from the hurricane photo ops in Florida...
I knew there would have to be a reason why he acted and looked like a total donkey. There you have it.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Whoa, whoa, whoa! According to DRUDGE's sources, it was a draw!
Drudge is an idiot. plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Man, Bush got shellacked!
It was hilarious from the moment they showed Bush hunched over the podium, scowling. He reminded me of Gollem with gray fuzzy hair!

After Bush's disasterous showing, how can anyone in their right mind have confidence that he is remotely qualified for the job? Kerry made him look so bad, the GOP should hang their collective head in shame.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well, according to an off-camera comment by Joe Lockhart after the debate, it was a draw also. Not that it matters at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Any reason why Mr. Kerry wanted to "hold" hands with Mr. Bush?
Anyone remember and see that Bush had to literally yank his hand from Kerry's?

Whats up with that? Freak is my guess...

seekerof

Oh come now, Seekerof!

But what did you think of Mr. Bush's performance?

That damn Lehrer! He didn't sign the oath of loyalty, apparently!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
........... Even being Bipartisan would lead me to say this. It was a non-contest.

and how would a patisan now this....i for one thought they were both unimpressive...just because kerry was a little less unimpressive isn't very heart warming.

Originally posted by Gazrok
No doubt that Julianni failed to "Deny Ignorance" last night...
If you saw the Daily Show after, John Stewart really blew Julianni out of the water! I was amazed, and impressed with Stewart, and nearly fell off the bed...!!!
Julianni attempted to illustrate Kerry flip-flopping during the debate, and John called him on it, and clarified what was actually said!

I�m so glad that a stand up comic needs to clarify what the presidential contender said.

�even knowing there was no imminent threat� � J. Kerry seems pretty clear even though he tried to attribute it to the president it is what HE has said on the campaign trail several times now. He also tried to imply several times that Iraq was no threat�look at the moronic Mexico analogy.

Originally posted by dgtempe

Drudge is an idiot. plain and simple.

Obviously, he doesn�t agree with the kool-aid drinkers on the left.

The funniest thing in my estimation is that a poll of who watched means absolutely nothing as to who won or lost�.dukakis �won� the debate and it was used to bludgeon that idiot to death right up to the election. The partisan left would do themselves a service to give it a few days before they start proclaiming Kerry the victor. I saw a lot of material that I believe we will all be seeing a lot of in the next few weeks�.like having to pass a global test in order to act as president�unilaterally�.that was really funny

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There are actually people left who support Bush?
Unreal.

I have never seen such a pitiful debate showing in my life. Bush hasn't the slightest grasp of what is going on in this nation and in the world. It's pathetic. He's literally the boy in the bubble.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ECK, where the hell have you been man? Havent seen you in awhile, glad to see your still around.

Anyhow, back on topic. I think this isnt going to hurt Bush that much, he's still going to have a commanding lead and we will see truely what happens in a couple of days when the polls start getting more accurate. The incumbent always has more ammunition than the actual President and that definately worked for Kerry. I will say that this definitely hurt Bush temporarily though. Many many people that I know who are staunch republicans, are beginning to question their chief. We will see how the next debates go. He may still surprise us. Probably not.... but you never know

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Where is reality or is this the twilight zone

Anyone who is declaring Kerry a winner has to be judging this debate by.......................................... debate standards.

Standards that judge point counter point seperate from reality and truth.

My take on John Kerrys debate;

I have a plan for,

Iraq
Iran
North Korea
Al Qaida

My plan is,

Bring everybody together and ask "purdy please can't we just all get along!" yep thats a plan if I've ever seen one.

Well maybe if he asks reeaaallll nice like it just may happen.

Now if you will excuse me I'll just be stepping back into reality - bye

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
There are actually people left who support Bush?
Unreal.

I have never seen such a pitiful debate showing in my life. Bush hasn't the slightest grasp of what is going on in this nation and in the world. It's pathetic. He's literally the boy in the bubble.
Can you believe it??
They're out there!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
I saw a lot of material that I believe we will all be seeing a lot of in the next few weeks�.like having to pass a global test in order to act as president�unilaterally�.that was really funny

Yeah, it's really not hard to watch anything Kerry says these days and immediately recognize which part is going to being edited down out of context and spammed all over the net while showing up in the re-election campaign ads of a man with a record of failure he can't defend.

Believe me, thinking like a Freeper takes virtually ounces of strength and foresight.

Case in point! Even Libertarians like you know what's about to come out on Kerry. See how easy it is to spot Republicans' "stratergies," and head 'em off at the pass? You just did, right?.

Go BADNARIK!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Anyone who is declaring Kerry a winner has to be judging this debate by.......................................... debate standards.

I think Mount St. Helens just exploded. No, wait....everyone on the planet just say "DUH"?

What standard apply ye if not the standard? The view from behind Bush's rose colored glasses perhaps? :shk:

How about just the overwhelming responses of Americans and pundits? That'll do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join