It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Morning ATS!!! And P.S. - Bush Still Lost.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Wow! If I Make some Bush jokes and call him some names can I be a moderator too?

You gotta make sure to also post in a news portal that has a motto of "Deny Bias", too.

I swear, every time I see that logo I laugh.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Kerry won. Kerry won. Kerry won.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If you saw the Daily Show after, John Stewart really blew Julianni out of the water! I was amazed, and impressed with Stewart, and nearly fell off the bed...!!!

Yes I was able to see the debates, and then I had to see the Daily Show, and Stewart just look like he was about to jump out of his chair

I know Julianni saw it too because he did smile after the coments of Stewart.

And RANT I don't care "what other's said about your post" YOU Rock.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes I was able to see the debates, and then I had to see the Daily Show, and Stewart just look like he was about to jump out of his chair

I know Julianni saw it too because he did smile after the coments of Stewart.

And RANT I don't care "what other's said about your post" YOU Rock.

I have nothing against the content of such posts, as facts are facts. But the way they are presented can cloud those facts. Bad journalism for those who want the truth, and not their opinion, to be sen.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Ahem

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree that Kerry did better. They both made good points, but from the first words spoken I could tell the Bush was tired and extremely nervous. You can tell he always gets nervous when he's doing a speech. He just didn't say some of things that he should have, plus Kerry was in a debate club in his college years. Kerry seemed much more confident. Also, in Bush's defense, Kerry just had more to say. I mean, he hasn't done anything yet! Bush has already done things, which Kerry can easily criticize, Kerry hasn't even been president. He's all talk. Kerry also took way more cheap shots. The only thing Bush did was keep mentioning about the 80billion, and the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time. Kerry also had way more time to prepare. Bush has been running the country, managing the war. This debate was all Kerry was doing since he started practicing.

RANT, that was an extremely immature post, and from a moderator that's really bad. We'll see about the vice presidential debate, and the 2nd presidential debate.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
EDITED out image for formatting.
Ahem

Thank you for proving my point . Obviously, anyone who disagrees with you is just pissed off that their horse lost. Obviously. I mean, there could be no other reason, right?

Remind me, was it you that called the CBS secretary interview something along the lines of a "slam dunk" without even seeing it?

[edit on 10-1-2004 by Esoterica]

link   
Copied the current numbers in the CNN poll:

-----------------------------------
403448 votes counted
Bush: 21% 85500 votes
Kerry: 72% 291577 votes
niether: 7% 26371 votes
----------------------------------

I heard reports (but haven't verified) that Bush, after 3 tries, still couldn't get the Korean president's name right.

Those were pretty tough questions. I know the candidates got them ahead of time, but they were still pretty tough.

link   
I have to addmitt Kerry was the winner of this debate, but he better have he has had 20 years practice on the senate floor debating. He was by no means unbeatable though (well maybe for bush) Bush didnt attack things he should have. Theres a reason why we dont really see senators become president that much. Its because they have such horrible records in the senate that are easy to pick apart.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
At least I didn't start a war over Weapons Of Mass Destruction which came with irrefutable proof of existence that didn't actuallyexist.

It is sour grapes. It is plainly apparent that Kerry beat him and many just can't seem to take that.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
At least I didn't start a war over Weapons Of Mass Destruction which came with irrefutable proof of existence that didn't actuallyexist.

Irrelevent. "Hey, I'm better than the other guy." # man, it ain't all that hard to be better than Bush. Doesn't mean you have free reign to do whatever you want as long as you don't invade a nation.

It is sour grapes. It is plainly apparent that Kerry beat him and many just can't seem to take that.

This is not in response to this thread in particular (well, my response, anyway) but a trend I have seen on ATS. Your response, "Bush is worse than me" is indicative of such. The conservatives are just as bad as the liberals in thsi repsect. For every member that slams Bush in a news story, there are others in la-la land that think sliced bread owes hims something. It really gets on my nerves. This is supposed to be a place where the unadulterated truth comes out. It seems that the only truth that does come out is everyone's personal brand of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am a self proclaimed, staunch, right wing, Rush Limbaugh loving, conservative, gun owning, flag waving, republican.

Bush lost this debate.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Spin, spin, spin!!!

Kerry won, Bush lost. Period!

Proper analysis of voting records includes all the riders(PORK) included therein. Spinning B.S. leaves out all the relevant facts. Thanks for continuing the spin and leaving out the whole truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
I am a self proclaimed, staunch, right wing, Rush Limbaugh loving, conservative, gun owning, flag waving, republican.

Bush lost this debate.

I would like to point out I never denied Bush lost (I personally saw it as a tie, but the rest of the nation thinks differently).

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I see it this way bush was better off taking care of Afghanistan and finishing business there, he will have been a hero right now, but instead the hasty invasion of Iraq it make cost his re-election. Bush was my hero until he invaded Iraq.

Bush should have taken after his father that knew better and left Iraq alone, he knew it was going to turn into a mess, and now you have the evidence in Iraq with his son.

And still the justified war in the first gulf war conflict cost bush senior election anyway.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Whoa, whoa, whoa! According to DRUDGE's sources, it was a draw!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There you go folks....*points to the above*

Wow! If I Make some Bush jokes and call him some names can I be a moderator too?

Nah...Have you not seen Thomas Crowne??? He makes Rush look like a liberal!

I'm actually a registered Republican, but I despise what Bush has done to the country....and I voted for Gore last time...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Whoa, whoa, whoa! According to DRUDGE's sources, it was a draw!

KERRY IS ON ORANGE ALERT!

Funniest headline I've ever read, and completely destroyed druge's crediblity in my eyes. He should write for Conan, not the news

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

No no, you'll get warned. Just keep being the same old rabid Bush Supporter you are & you'll make Super Moderator in a heart beat!!!

Quit complaining about the ref & play the game already, K? Look at the Mods: the lion's share who do weigh in on politics are far from Red Lovin' Liberals.

So what? Mods are posters with housekeeping responsibilities on the board, entitled to their opinion whether you think it low or high brow. Not flaming you, but the youngsters keep riffing on Mod posts more and more these days.
Like we tell your presidential candidate, come back with facts & your arguments will make themselves!

Since I got your ear, can you help me with Dim Son's responses last night?

"I see on the TV screens how hard it is."--George W. Bush, assessing the situation in Iraq during the debate with Senator Kerry

You mean the CIA 'guesses' at outcomes, but our CINC gets his opinions from the TV!?!?!

"You know, I think about Missy Johnson. She's a fantastic lady I met in Charlotte, North Carolina. She and her son Bryan, they came to see me. Her husband PJ got killed. He'd been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq.

You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "

WHoa, Nelly! Why is he lovin' on this poor widow, Haas!?!?
Did anyone else hear Laura Bush's neck snapping in a whiplash "What the F-----!!??"

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

"You know, I think about Missy Johnson. She's a fantastic lady I met in Charlotte, North Carolina. She and her son Bryan, they came to see me. Her husband PJ got killed. He'd been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq.

You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "

WHoa, Nelly! Why is he lovin' on this poor widow, Haas!?!?
Did anyone else hear Laura Bush's neck snapping in a whiplash "What the F-----!!??"

Yeah, he shoudla probably worded that one differently

Although, the full quote about the TV screen things is this-

"And now we�re fighting them now. And it�s hard work. I understand how hard it is. I get the casualty reports every day. I see on the TV screens how hard it is. But it�s necessary work."
A little better than you made it out to be. Not great, but he doesn't come off sounding like a complete jackass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join