It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Morning ATS!!! And P.S. - Bush Still Lost.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
But in a rare departure from reality BUSH CAMP CLAIMS VICTORY!!!

Miami Debate: Mission Accomplished.

So what if 87% of nearly 50,000 CNN viewers disagree.

So what if the majority of debate viewers in the post telephone poll by GALLUP disagree.

So what if even "FOX News' political contributors largely agreed that Kerry came out ahead" as long as the Bush campaign bubble stubbornly believes:

"What the American people will say is they saw tonight a president who is absolutely committed to keeping them safe," said Karen Hughes, a senior adviser to the Bush campaign. "Sen. Kerry, on the other hand, had one critical test tonight and that was to try to establish some credibility on the central issue, the war on Iraq, and he failed."

Oh is that what happened and America missed it?

If wishes were horses Bush would be neck deep in horse____.

FOX NEWS: Both Campaigns Claim Win (Polls Favor Kerry)

Keep hope alive George: I think I won, I think I won, I think I won... :shk:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Don't forget the overwhelming ATSNN conclusion that Kerry beat Bush. Come on, RANT. Get on the trolley.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Rant, you are clearly biased against Bush. I find it unconscionable that, even you, would stoop to the level of using the truth to besmerch Mr. Bush. You well know that "truth" and "Bush" CANNOT be used in the same sentance. I personally have gotten a rash responding to this malicious use of reallity. I hope that you have a WMD-free day.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I didn't get to watch the debate due to the fact that when played live it was four o'clock n the morning locally and the replay started an hour go while I am at work. However I did just finish reading the transcript on CNN.com. As I have only the words of the candidates to go on I lack any of the visual or aural cues and so (as a debate is more about presentation than substance) I can not comment on who won. What I can say is that based on the transcripts it looks to me as if bush made better points. I failed to see either of them say anything new, but then again I didn't expect to. I wll say this, whether kerry won or not is kinda irrelevant. The reason being that unless kerry had completly trounced Bush to the point of makng him look incompetnet it won't matter. America has never changed Presidents in a war time stuation. The presidents continual use of kerry's "wrong war " quote I believe was effectve in makng him look as if he would demoralise our troops, though I imagne that Bush's mistake in reference to who attck ed us was damaging as well. Truth be told though anything less than an overwhelmingly large win is a loss for kerry IMHO

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331 What I can say is that based on the transcripts it looks to me as if bush made better points. I failed to see either of them say anything new, but then again I didn't expect to. I wll say this, whether kerry won or not is kinda irrelevant. The reason being that unless kerry had completly trounced Bush to the point of makng him look incompetnet it won't matter.

Here you go mwm, you don't have to look for one, I've got your blindfold here:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Huh??????????????????

What is it exactly you think I am blind to intrepid???????????

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Huh??????????????????

What is it exactly you think I am blind to intrepid???????????

The truth. I could put a bunch of smileys out there to avoid a 1 line post but the truth remains.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I managed to get hold of "The list" which contains every major media outlets poll for this debate.

I haven't seen a single "Bush Won" in about 30 outlets. He even got nailed 88% against in the HOUSTON CHRONICLE.

Kerry Won. Even being Bipartisan would lead me to say this. It was a non-contest.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Nerdling, you just made the Neocon hit list. BTW happy ATS birthday.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Nerdling, you just made the Neocon hit list. BTW happy ATS birthday.

Oh I was already on that one

Thanks. I didn't even realise.
Happy Birthday To Me! What a perfect present this is.

CNN
Who do you think won the debate?

George W. Bush 12% - 5677 votes

John Kerry 87% - 41400 votes

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Oh I was already on that one

Thanks. I didn't even realise.
Happy Birthday To Me! What a perfect present this is.

CNN
Who do you think won the debate?

George W. Bush 12% - 5677 votes

John Kerry 87% - 41400 votes

Now now, numbers like these are only 'fuzzy math' I won't beleive a word of it until Fox News tells me the results.......
Im sorry I had to, anyway, The results from the MSNBC poll depart slightly from the CNN one, but I think you still get the idea.

Kerry- 65%
Bush 35%
1006105 Total Votes

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks Bush won must not have been watching the same show I was...regardless of whom you were supporting....

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yes, Kerry won this hand down. I was listening yesterday on NPR though that you can't really help yourself in a debate, you can only hurt yourself. This was Kerry's time to shine and it was do or die for him. I don't think these debates are going to amount to jack s*** though when it comes up to election time and I think Bush still is going to have a commanding lead after all these are over. Just a hunch but I don't think you can knock Bush off his high horse that easily.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Karen Hughes,

If she still is the women behind bush speaches and the debate performance she need to be fired. She is the one behind bush winning as a governor with her dirty tricks. She has being know as to be the second mama bush.

Now get ready for the spin to discredit the winning performance of Kerry last night.

Already the former Mayor of NY tried to do that last night.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yes, Kerry won the debate on "points". So what? Did it change anyone's mind? Well, a poll of undecided voters said:

Yes, they would now vote for Kerry - 10%

Yes, they would now vote for Bush - 12%

This is the poll that matters. It came from CNN or MSNBC, I think. Whether or not Kerry is a better debater is nice, but irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
As a Completely biased for Kerry voice, I would add a note of caution. The debate is not the election. He certainly shored up his support from me. I hope his success gives strength and confidence to Kerry and his staff and supporters. Don't however underestimate the devious nature of Republican operatives. Never expect it to be a cake walk.

I also grew up in a small town with lots of hard headed people [read ignorant]. They and many like them want a president who is Absolutely sure of himself even when he is WRONG.

To his credit George W. Bush didn't come across as a total psycho. Merely a petulant school boy.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Bush came off more like a retarded chimp impatiently waiting for his banana, hehe...

Already the former Mayor of NY tried to do that last night.

No doubt that Julianni failed to "Deny Ignorance" last night...
If you saw the Daily Show after, John Stewart really blew Julianni out of the water! I was amazed, and impressed with Stewart, and nearly fell off the bed...!!!
Julianni attempted to illustrate Kerry flip-flopping during the debate, and John called him on it, and clarified what was actually said!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Yes, Kerry won the debate on "points". So what? Did it change anyone's mind? Well, a poll of undecided voters said:

Yes, they would now vote for Kerry - 10%

Yes, they would now vote for Bush - 12%

This is the poll that matters. It came from CNN or MSNBC, I think. Whether or not Kerry is a better debater is nice, but irrelevant.

Quoted for emphasis. It doesn't matter who won the debate, but whether they managed to win the votes. I have a feeling many Bush supporters didn't think he was going to win anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My good ole' buddy RANT...be ever so careful how you present your hatred of Bush my friend. Such mannerisms as this:

Keep hope alive George: I think I won, I think I won, I think I won...

Leaves me and countless others salivating at the prospects of using such lamentations, as you have used, on the possible day that your beloved Kerry does not become the 'next' elected President. That adage of "what goes around, comes around" has a tendency to hit pretty hard, but nonetheless RANT, tis certainly something to keep in mind.

Here's the question gentlemen and ladies....
NO MATTER who won and in this case, many proclaiming and thinking Kerry did because of debate polls....the question and real proof in the pudding is did Mr. Kerry gain in the eyes of the American people and the national polls?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Wow! If I Make some Bush jokes and call him some names can I be a moderator too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join