It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhapsody of the Trolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What the heck is going on around here?

We are losing great people at the speed of light! Why? Because the "Trolls" are taking over, and I'm sure are getting their jollies from it!

Many of our members are currently taking a break, or just out and out leaving for good. They are greatly missed by most of us. But the "Trolls" are probably rolling around on the floor giggling their heads off.

Ever since the mass banning/exodus from another unnamed site ATS has been inundated with brats! There are people here who spout off a lot of foolishness just to get people all riled up. It is my opinion that a good portion of this is done purposefully. They intentionally try to get some members so mad that they say something that gets them banned, or they have to take a long break to prevent themselves from breaking the T&Cs.

Now I'm not talking about members who are giving opposing views and participating in intelligent, respectful debate. I'm speaking of those who argue and just get plain ugly for the specific purpose of making people mad. It's ridiculous! It's what playground bullies engage in!

I know that nothing I've said is going to stop this tomfoolery, but I ask that when you recognize this kind of activity to please just ignore them and move on to another thread. If nobody rises to their provocation maybe they will get the message. I'm tired of good people who provide intelligent, thought provoking content leaving because they just can't take the ignorance anymore!

I know I don't post very often, but I read on ATS every day. Please don't let the "Trolls" have this site!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I think thats the biggest problem though... The trolls are calling people who disagree with them trolls... it's trolling 101, if you for example are the troll, you have to legitimize yourself by calling others trolls.

Yeah the mass exodus... It's very similar to when Cuba flushed its prisons out on Miami.

ugh

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Pick the battlefield, don't let the enemy pick it for you.

I, myself took a break and have since posted less often than before. Life took over during that break, ya can't ignore that. And to be truthful, I'm more positive nowadays because of that.

I'm sure that we'll see many who are taking a break return.

And I was called a Troll WAY before the interwebs...I take offense.

edit on 21-5-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

No offense sugar! You belong to a special breed of trolls that are non-related!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I consider that to be a pretty accurate description of the situation! Thugs in sheep's clothing that make everybody else look bad by association.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If one must "take a week" one is taking "it" waaay too serious, as this is entertainment only.
True top secret information will never be seen on this site.
The best mods on the web.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I beg to differ
I have seen some truly top secret information posted here
But fall to the wayside as link able proof is not availible, the masses dissagree or it's been relayed as a theory/suspicion/possibility
That's the thing with conspiracy websites
We're all conspiracy nuts
That's the problem with genuine top secret information - often a lack of post able proof/evidence

Due to this some post some very good information disguised as opinion or what ifs

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

You are correct and I spoke incorrectly, I should have used the word proof and not information.
But I'm sure you see what I was saying.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Trolls are incapable of a rhapsody. It's more like a nasty cacophony of screeching and whining, like scratching nails on a blackboard.

I took a break for a couple of weeks because it was getting ridiculous. Intelligent discourse gave way to nit-picking, making fun of people, and generally derailing threads with obnoxious crap.

It's as if a bunch of high schoolers suddenly signed up and they have nothing of value to add, have zero insight, and use the computer to badger, bully, and insult.

But, to be fair, there are also people who assume that they "know it all", and will come on and pick a thread to pieces because they assure us that they are experts. There are ways to disagree and make your point without being a rude bastard.

It's always good to walk away in these cases. Life needs attending to from time to time. And yeah, this is just for "entertainment purposes only".....but there was a high standard for ATS, which is rapidly disintegrating thanks to a bunch of juvenile fools and older posters who should know better but somehow don't.
edit on 21-5-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Trolls are incapable of a rhapsody. It's more like a nasty cacophony of screeching and whining, like scratching nails on a blackboard.

I took a break for a couple of weeks because it was getting ridiculous. Intelligent discourse gave way to nit-picking, making fun of people, and generally derailing threads with obnoxious crap.

It's as if a bunch of high schoolers suddenly signed up and they have nothing of value to add, have zero insight, and use the computer to badger, bully, and insult.

But, to be fair, there are also people who assume that they "know it all", and will come on and pick a thread to pieces because they assure us that they are experts. There are ways to disagree and make your point without being a rude bastard.

It's always good to walk away in these cases. Life needs attending to from time to time. And yeah, this is just for "entertainment purposes only".....but there was a high standard for ATS, which is rapidly disintegrating thanks to a bunch of juvenile fools and older posters who should know better but somehow don't.
edit on 21-5-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

Ah, humans are humans, we have a tendancy to get riled up at times.

And every summer this happens, kids are let out and the trolling for fun begins. Don't feed the trolls.

Except for me...I take beer!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

And here's a prime example of how it should be done
You had a point

I dissagree with relevant points and argument respectivly

And you reply respectively

A star of course for the example

But yeah - see what your saying dude

But I must admit ..........probably been a bit harsh once or twice

edit on 21-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added