It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong EQ 6.0 hits N-Italy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by NotAnAspie

www.emsc-csem.org...
Go to this website, click on one of the EQ on the map(italy)
And they will show you a list af all the quakes happened after the 6.0 from yesterday.

ok... just one more question (thanks for your help btw)

I'm not up on *how* earthquakes work but this is striking me as unusual.

Is almost 50 aftershocks in this one pin point area of italy normal even for the strange quakes we have been seeing lately?

That seems kind of excessive.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
trying to answer my own questions here. japan had over fifty in 24 hours. So did virginia yet they were more spread out. These are mostly over 3.0.

Interesting.

i guess i'll go back and look at quakes further in the past to see if there is the same kind of activity. I had no idea quakes could have this many aftershocks. wow!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

These are the quakes recorded from the Italy 2009 EQ in L'Aquila

I think those are only +3 quakes.USGS doest seem to show lower mag quakes.
As you can see it lasted for almost 1 month.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yeah, looking at an article as far back as the 1960 earthquake in chili that was so destructive... I guess the most destructive of the century, it doesn't give the magnitude of the fore shocks and aftershocks but it does say they lasted weeks.

I'm just wondering about these things, you know. After the Indonesian tsunami there seemed to be a lot of quakes in china with high death tolls since 04 and all this was just making me scratch my head... now they are popping up in other strange places and some are claiming that the Asian mafia is bombing underground tunnels and facilities as retaliation to the west... which Italy has A LOT of and is a G5 country.

I know someone who was just transferred over there...USAF... from Colorado ironically.
Just a few synchronicities can really get you going.

...and it just adds to it that they say some are caused by explosions but they can't report on which mining project.

I had no idea quakes carried that many aftershocks. I thought they just had one or two.

Interesting.
edit on 20-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The initial tremor - the strongest to hit Italy in three years - shook the major towns of

Bologna, Modena, Ferrara, Rovigo, Verona and Mantua.

It lasted around 20 seconds and was felt throughout the northeast of the peninsula,
from the
Emilia-Romagna region to Venice,
with its epicentre at
Finale Emilia,
36 kilometres (22 miles) north of Bologna, the US Geological Survey said.

The region shaken by the quake is Italy's industrial heartland but also home to priceless architectural and art treasures. The historic centre of Ferrara is classified as a world heritage site.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by reg

Originally posted by Trueman
My family is in Bologna, I'm trying to contact them now.

Hope they are safe and OK m8.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected and for those who've lost there lives

Thank you, I talked with my mother yesterday, they are safe.

edit on 21-5-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
How could it be Etna related? What kind of EQ it was?

...at least 7...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
what was the actual magnitude(s) /.

can we see nutation happening /.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Another earthquake in Italy reported this day 5.8/6.0 magnitude. 6 Victims, more injured.

They say it was noticed in countries on the east where I am they said 3.8 at 10;30 AM, well I didn't even feel it, so at the moment Italy has it. It seems the earthquake that we had east of Italy last week was definitely a result of the ones in Italy.

I don't know are geologist paid to talk crap or complete morons to not realize the earthquakes in Italy and east west of there like it was even felt at east France, they are connected, the same tectonic plate, it's like a drop in a pond of water - the waves formed by the drop spread outside and will be weaker than the center.

Other than that at least they are right about getting lesser as the one in Italy was lesser than the one today but it will take some weeks to calm down. I wonder though, is the Earth really going into something big? Lots of Earthquakes these years
edit on 29-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by intergalactic fire

oh that is just haarp fixing to finish greece off.

No, it's the Stellar Wind.

Think 'Rome'.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

How could it be Etna related? What kind of EQ it was?

What makes you think it's Etna related? Mt. Etna is so far away it's unreal - and on an island off the mainland.

Also - the local news here came right out and said to 'watch out next week for the big one'. It's tough to hear and not think the warning doesn't have to do with prediction related incarcerations.

peace

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We're getting 'news' there were over 60 strong aftershocks today.
The people of the area have sent their children 'away' to the 'beach areas'.

Predictions of a much larger EQ coming this next week.

Let's all hope and pray 'those that seem to know' are wrong.

We don't want a repeat of this:

peace

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It is just terrable. One of the Professional journalists from your Sicily,Turi Caggegi has been sending me pictures from there. Some just make you sob.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join