It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Look at the Complex Mating Rituals of Humans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I like to people watch. A great place to do this is at a bar or nightclub.

I have noticed at these locations, you can obverse some of the mating rituals of the males and females of our species. Here are just a few:

-Males will quite often fight over females in order to show strength and dominance.

-Both the males and females of our species will wear their plumage in very interesting ways in an attempt to attract the opposite sex.

-Males and females will take part in intricate dancing rituals to woo each other.

-Males will provide food and drink for the female in order to try and mate with her.

This is just a start. Please feel free to add any more that you have noticed.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Females will eye males' plastic credit cards and, like birds, will attempt to peck holes in them.

Males will gather in packs to hoot and holler about the shape and spatial dimensions of the more attractive females. The females so targeted will pretend not to notice, toss their hair, and await the approach of the less confident males while taking note of the most confident guy who seems the least interested.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

A great place to do this is at a bar or nightclub.

-Males will provide food and drink for the female in order to try and mate with her.

However, alcohol can tend to make those mating rituals go a tad askew a.k.a.

Beer Goggles

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
From a women's perspective, and before I found my love, I too was part of the "complex mating ritual" which consisted of wanting to be noticed in a room with many others that were wanting the same thing.

Its sort of a trophy when a women is approached while she is with others, yet she warranted attention. BTW, this goes both ways. If the man that made the approach is reciprocated he too seems to feel that he also holds a status that others have not.

Its a back and forth, that rightfully is not always the beginning of a story that is told at the 20th Anniversary parties of either participant.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I like to people watch. A great place to do this is at a bar or nightclub.

I have noticed at these locations, you can obverse some of the mating rituals of the males and females of our species. Here are just a few:

-Males will quite often fight over females in order to show strength and dominance.

-Both the males and females of our species will wear their plumage in very interesting ways in an attempt to attract the opposite sex.

-Males and females will take part in intricate dancing rituals to woo each other.

This is just a start. Please feel free to add any more that you have noticed.

Not complex at all. Man is a flesh machine following his/her design.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Lold so hard when girl turned into game console.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

They aren't particularly complex.

The issue is that people go to places like nightclubs not to mate (find a partner and eventually procreate)... they go to find temporary sex partners with whom they do not want to share more than one or two casual encounters.

:-/

Actual mating (partner for procreation) rituals may or may not have to do with selecting a partner by their "plumage", initially. But, attraction is not always based on physical characteristics.

I agree, though, it is bizarre to watch humans acting like what they are - upright animals - while looking for unproductive sex.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

This thread is meant to be lighthearted and satirical.

I'm not trying to get all deep, I'm just giving you some hilarious observations I've noticed in the night life of humans.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
bein da sexy chiten i iz, i jest puff out mah chest and fluff up mah tail fedders an dem flocks around me

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah, I am sure that there a number of fellas out there that if there was a way they'd...well...maybe there is a reason that one is called PS and the other is X-Box ...future marketing tactic

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

SolarE,

You ever notice that no matter the bar or nightclub you go to, the same significant people are there? You have the girl who always dances alone (usually wildly). The old cat that always sits at the bar. The group of office guys/girls that usually get obnoxiously drunk. I could keep listing, but in my experience, they're always there, just in different forms...hmmm...potential conspiracy perhaps.

Great thread btw!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
LOL, watching people dance in clubs is really funny, especially the "awkward" first dance...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I gave up the nightclub life years ago when I was in the army. I didn't even go out that often back then but it was just the same old scene every time. People spending up what little they earn a month only to lose it all in a matter of a few weekends. Don't get sucked in like so many people have before you. There are other places to besides clubs to look for the right person but I suppose one night stands are what most people are in the mood for to begin with.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Heh...I was going to ask, but then I noticed that you listed yourself as "writer".
Your ilk are like perpetual "flies on the wall". This is not a "slam" by the way. After all, how would you be able to write without being the intricate observers and interpreters that you are. Kudos.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
1. Men are attracted to looks first and foremost, but with woman it’s character and personality. Go into a teenage boys room and you’ll have woman as naked as legally possible. Go into a girls room and none of the guys are naked, but they are all wearing cloths which says something about their personality & status.
2. Woman were programmed by evolution to simply enjoy making themselves look attractive -far more than men, because this puts her in a better position to choose a mate, and at the end of the day she better make the right choice as he won’t be carrying her baby, and in the wild she would need his support during this emotionally turbulent stage.
3. Any woman can walk into a pub, pull her top down, and walk out with a mate in 5 minutes. But they (generally) don’t because they are more choosey, and this comes from less confidence. The lack of confidence evolved to help make sure they would be choosy enough to find somebody who would assist them during pregnancy.
4. Woman tend to sit on the chairs at a dance, and the guys have to go up and make the small talk. By doing this he is showing he chooses her, over her rivals, and this means he probably particularly likes her –and so one day could be more likely to stay with her.
5. If you don’t have a date, nobody wants you. If you have one, 90% of other woman will show an interest in you –though 80% just want to trip you up –split you up.
6. If you have 3 or more girls, and one bachelor, the bachelor is suddenly one of the most eligible on the planet!!!
7. Although woman are generally less confident than men alcohol shuts down that part of the brain, then anything is possible. But be careful –date rape is a proper way to jail.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I know right I didn't see that coming pretty hilarious

top topics

join