It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The nature of reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Nothing is permanent, from the cells in our bodies to the stars in the sky, everything changes nothing in life is fixed. So be in the present, after all that's the only thing that exists. So don't fight a basic rule of reality which is impermanence accept it and enjoy life.

"Ash on an old man's sleeve
Is all the ash the burnt roses leave
Water and fire succeed
The town, the pasture and the weed"

"Worlds on worlds are rolling over from creation to decay,
Like bubbles on a river, sparkling, bursting, borne away."

All just food for thought. All the best

www.accesstoinsight.org...
edit on 19-5-2012 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yes. All phenomena arises and falls away, even this thought of "I". What, then, can be said to exist? And what, then, can be said to not exist?

Peace

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
When something happens, the fact of that occurrence emerges and as information, it persists. In fact, if something happens, the fact that it happened remains forever and can never not be a fact. That fact is a unit cluster of information that will always exist to represent the truth of that occurrence as having happened. It will always factually represent that occurrence.

The direct inference here is that while material existence is absolutely finite and is no more solid than downtown traffic, the information that gathers with each instant occurrence of "now" is permanent, and will always remain as physically existent. In fact, this permanence is what establishes "natural law", contextual ramification, contextual precedence, and ultimately physical Identity itself.

When you live, you cause information unit clusters (facts) to emerge and trail out behind as you move forward at this reality confine's quantum action rate (or Unit Rate of Change - URC). Like a causal comet trail, the entire sentient community within this contextual environment is free to examine your "fact trail", and it generally does keep tabs on people's fact trails, since "past is prologue" in most cases.

So play whatever semantics games you wish, and reject the notion that you'll be piling up a permanent history as you live your life, but when you finally leave this material realm, you'll learn that what I'm telling you is very true. It's not a crippling restriction, but it is a very real part of being physically existent. In fact, it provides you with the inimitable Identity that you need to exist - regardless of the realm you exist within.

Hell, even your self assurance that you have no actual Identity is part of your inimitable Identity. Ironic, isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Your whole premise stands upon the notion that there is an observer who is separate from the observed, which just cannot work.

the information that gathers with each instant occurrence of "now" is permanent, and will always remain as physically existent. In fact, this permanence is what establishes "natural law", contextual ramification, contextual precedence, and ultimately physical Identity itself.

Hell, even your self assurance that you have no actual Identity is part of your inimitable Identity. Ironic, isn't it?

I really don't know what to say. First, you have divided "now" into fragmented occurrences. Second, your belief that "natural law" has any "permanency" is beyond me. Third, your whole "Identity" spiel makes no sense whatsoever. If there is no identity then there is no "self assurance", much less is there the construct of identity within no-identity.

Maybe you could clarify further?
edit on 19-5-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
One of my earliest philosophical thoughts was "everything is a revolution". Everything is a cycle that eventually returns back on to itself, one step up.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

'Your identity' is what you carry around as a belief. No one else can know 'your identity' because it 'your' thought construct.
You may well believe that you are piling up 'permanent history' and through this belief you will believe you have an identity but what are you afraid of adding to that identity? It sounds as though you feel there will be judgment when you leave this 'material realm'.

I would like to know where you think the information that gathers with each instant occurrence of "now" is stored if it always remains physically existent.
If it were to 'remain physically existent' then it would be possible for you to 'physically' see or hear it now in the physical world.

edit on 20-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Your whole premise stands upon the notion that there is an observer who is separate from the observed, which just cannot work.

the information that gathers with each instant occurrence of "now" is permanent, and will always remain as physically existent. In fact, this permanence is what establishes "natural law", contextual ramification, contextual precedence, and ultimately physical Identity itself.

I really don't know what to say. First, you have divided "now" into fragmented occurrences. Second, your belief that "natural law" has any "permanency" is beyond me. Third, your whole "Identity" spiel makes no sense whatsoever. If there is no identity then there is no "self assurance", much less is there the construct of identity within no-identity.

You've created a computer program of the universe that you can watch on the monitor. Having gone to work for eight hours, when you return home you want to see what the program has been doing while you've been away. You are able to print out all the events that had occurred for those eight hours (even though those events have already passed and is no longer on your monitor), and you can do this because all of the information has been stored in your computer.

The entire universe is nothing more than information.
edit on 5/20/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

You've created a computer program of the universe that you can watch on the monitor. Having gone to work for eight hours, when you return home you want to see what the program has been doing while you've been away. You are able to print out all the events that had occurred for those eight hours (even though those events have already passed and is no longer on your monitor), and you can do this because all of the information has been stored in your computer.

A thought form appeared that makes you believe this is possible.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by jiggerj

A thought form appeared that makes you believe this is possible.

"Makes" me believe? You posted this at 6:59. I called it up just now at 7:30. Even though you are off mowing the lawn or whatever you do on Sunday mornings, you left a trail of information that I could call up. The info is still here, and it will always exist somewhere until TPTB delete it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It is 12.37 here so the information is false.
You can only view this presently.
The numbers on a watch move but you cannot move out of presence.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You believe that you could make a computer program that can record the WHOLE universe. This is a thought form that you believe. Show me your proof.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You believe that you could make a computer program that can record the WHOLE universe. This is a thought form that you believe. Show me your proof.

Ugh!

2nd line.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

"You've created a computer program of the universe that you can watch on the monitor. Having gone to work for eight hours, when you return home you want to see what the program has been doing while you've been away. You are able to print out all the events that had occurred for those eight hours (even though those events have already passed and is no longer on your monitor), and you can do this because all of the information has been stored in your computer."

You wrote this.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

"You've created a computer program of the universe that you can watch on the monitor. Having gone to work for eight hours, when you return home you want to see what the program has been doing while you've been away. You are able to print out all the events that had occurred for those eight hours (even though those events have already passed and is no longer on your monitor), and you can do this because all of the information has been stored in your computer."

You wrote this.

You missed the very obvious point and I don't feel like explaining this morning.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The nature of reality vs. illusion being spoken about by a guy who doesn't use his normal, natural speaking voice, hmm?

Sure would have helped scribes though back in the day.

edit on 5/20/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join