It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Queen of Disco' Donna Summer 'thought she became ill after inhaling 9/11 particles'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

'Queen of Disco' Donna Summer 'thought she became ill after inhaling 9/11 particles'

www.te legraph.co.uk

The 63-year-old singer, who had hits including Hot Stuff, Love to Love You, Baby and I Feel Love, died in Florida on Thursday morning.

She had largely kept her battle with lung cancer out of the public eye. But the website TMZ reported that the singer had told friends she believed her illness was the result of inhaling toxic dust from the collapsed Twin Towers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear Ms. Summer has passed away. I recognize some of her hits but to be honest she was before my time. She has a nice voice and its always sad when somebody talented dies. (Sad when untalented people die too, of course, come to think of it).

Anyhow I thought this news would be of interest because it brings to light the questions of the "fallout" I guess you would call it from the twin towers disaster. In the early days I remember there was some concern about the health hazards of the 9-11 disaster and all the particles floating around in southern Manhattan. But people stopped talking about it not too soon after that. I guess it might be a health hazard still. After all there are millions of people living in that area. How many have been sick like Ms. Summer? Has there been a concerted effort (dare I say it...a conspiracy perhaps?) to keep the issue out of the news?

Sometimes it takes a celebrity death to remind us of health issues that the public has largely forogotten. Or was Ms. Summer mistaken in her self-diagnosis?

www.te legraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/18/2012 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'm fairly sure inhaling the debris of a building made of concrete and a plethora of toxic materials, by design, including paint, asbestos heat insulation etc..

does not cause you to live to 120.

ehhhh but what do I know.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

She is from our time, my husband and me, he loved her, loved her music and was a big fan.

I am so surprised that she blamed the 9/11 toxic particles to her illness, It wasn't until I read this post that I found out what kind of cancer she had.

So sad, she was such a beautiful women with even a more beautiful voice.

She will be missed by us the 70s generation of disco teens.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Poor Donna Summer
At least she was able to convey her thoughts on her illness - and perhaps this will help others.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Same here she was before my time, but I do like some of her songs. Don't know about the whole 9/11 health hazard, and I did not even know she died till I came upon this thread.

But RIP Donna Summer.

new topics

top topics

join