It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Spread To Thin?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The US military machine is spread to thin and help is hard to find. I mean really I have never seen a countrys military machine beg or intice people to join or retain membership in my almost 40 years of life. and yet we are talking of deploying and ingaging yet more places please people.

I have said it once and I will say it again.....there has been an open door policy since the cold war or our last big nuke stand off we already have the possibility of facing atleast 4-10 batallions worth of people here on our own soil carrying citizenship pepers saying they belong here but you attack to many countries and they will give those citizenship papers right back to you attatched to a bullet.

If we attack Iran as antagonistic as they are towards the world as they are and they are openly antagonistic they arent hiding before they come they are telling us they will be coming you can bet on it.

Now I'm not saying that we should round up all the people that got ciizenship through a peice of paper by no mean in fact one of my closest associates in the clergy is an Iranian by birth and he as do I beleive in standing up to defend the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave the good old USA, but we both stand back and watch and see that error of unchecked citizenship that occurred before 9/11 for over 30 years people have flooded in here and have been lost track of so whats to say your next door neighbor is not an Iranian equally proud to fight for his country.

The only result of attacking foreign countries is this Babylon we have here will explode from within. When you have people from every culture,faith,creed, etc all put in one place someone is liable to get very pi**ed off if we attack there home and they will counterstrike and they
know our constitution says our military cant be deployed here in the US
against its own citizens Naturalized or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
And people complain about pulling the troops out of Korea and Europe. Remember, the Europeans and Canadians have only one foreign defense policy: let the Americans do it for them.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowtrooper90
And people complain about pulling the troops out of Korea and Europe. Remember, the Europeans and Canadians have only one foreign defense policy: let the Americans do it for them.

thats because you lot do a great job in screwing things up for people

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by Shadowtrooper90

thats because you lot do a great job in screwing things up for people

Well what do you expect from a goverment with a self imagined big boy on the block syndrome and a view that everyone else needs our help, well what about our own people I mean what rational process of thought says that those people cant take care of them selves I mean we are getting the short end of the stick in alot of the battles started by rebels militants etc and those are not the offical army of Iraq what would appen to us in say the USSR was our next target if civilians with minimal military training can cause so much material damage an kill over 1200 troops US and basically totally destroy the Iraqi police department rebuild efforts in 2 to 3 weeks what whould the USSR with atlest equal or better training do to us ,,,and better yet what if they decide to come here to do it it would take atleast 3-4 days at top speed to recall all those troops in order to fight them off the US soil .......

It was once said by a great military strategist (cant remember his name)
The most crucial point in a battle is the opening 24 hours that means the US is screwed

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The strange thing about American politics is that the same people realising their county is in the crapper in Iraq, are still going to vote for bush, who put them there....

If America is spread too thin, then it needs to start conscription again, fist ones called up can be Bush voters...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
The strange thing about American politics is that the same people realising their county is in the crapper in Iraq, are still going to vote for bush, who put them there....

If America is spread too thin, then it needs to start conscription again, fist ones called up can be Bush voters...

I am a great supporter of voting I think its our duty , but I promise you this I'm going awol this year they can sue me but Im not voting cause Bush is trouble and Kerry cant make his mind up what he is or what he wants to be his Presidential policy

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
drbryankkruta, you say you are not going to vote. You also state you wont vote for Kerry because he can not make up his mind on what his policy is. Are you saying this because you believe the flip-flop tripe that Bush camp has been spewing incorrectly for the last 4 months? Have you looked into exactly what the policies of the 2 candidates are? TAke a look at Kerry's web site...his policy is there for all to see. The problem is too many people are just to lazy to do any research themselves and will take what others say as truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Kerry while to those who know him personaly made be a capable person doesnt seem to me to be the person mud slinging and bragging arent going to get the US nothing but a reputation of arrogence and antagonization now as for the issue of the flip flop both guys have been doing that it just seems to me they both use what they think works best infront of the group they are presently talking to despite what they said a day ago so if that is the flip flop you are refering to yes and both are guilty
the only thing neither person has changed on was their mutual attacks on each others service and personal records ya see now what I mean

top topics

join