It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA is the world's biggest terrorist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
According to the US version of history.
The Soviet version is different.

A Timeline of US War (1945 - 1949)

A lot of what they say about Korea can be verified from other sources.

The South Koreans had set up a government of their own which was removed by the US who set up a military government.
The South also provoked a lot of the clashes with the North.

True, although I do have a little trouble totally believing a source that misspells "Korea"

that said, it still doesn't detract from my point that the US was fighting in Korea at UN discretion because South Korea lacked the ability to defend against a Chinese-supported North.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
For a few days now I was thinking about this, the past few decades, USA has always fought with other countries. Almost none of the countries did anything to USA but USA always came up with one reason or another to attack them. Is USA the biggest international bully of them all? Osama deserves to be killed but most of the other countries were just minding their own business right? I mean none of them have blue sea capabilities and no country has came to threaten USA with nuclear weapons until now. Comment people?

[edit on 30-9-2004 by COWlan]

While you have a point I would say to you terrorists no.....but wait they arent getting off that easy with me.

Before I say however how I feel I should say I am an American, but not a "Bush-ian" I'm a citizen of the USA as it was meant to be not the way Bush Sr, Jr have made it.

Having said that I truely see a Dictatorship under the guise of freedom with all the promises to change thrown out the window with the next days trash only made to gain the position of power, I mean where is this so called peaceful life in the USA that all Leaders promise in order to get elected.

I understand the war on terror in order to keep the 9/11 issue from coming back apon us, but where does that fit into Iraq and Iran and Darfur and N. Korea all hot spots on the US Leaderships I want to blow up list.......Those places are not our soil and until we are directly force into a confrontation we should not be involved with their politics......Now I due insist that we provide humanitarian aid to anyone but not to de-seat their ruler for them and assume control of the country and dont let that Intrum goverment in Iraq fool you they answer to the US generals who control the area who in turn answer to our goverment......so to sum up my thoughts now

KICK A** WHEN ITS STUCK IN YOUR FACE BUT DONT STICK YOU FACE UP SOMEONES A** TO JUSTIFY PUTTING THE BOOT TO IT.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

The Taliban were supporting Bin Laden.

So? from when supporting someone is a reason enough to kill them?

That means they were helping him bomb us.

Bomb you ...where? have you got any proof that the Talibans actually helped Bin Laden set up 9/11? you don't even have proof of Bin Laden doing it.

The gov't. even showed the world a tape of Bin Laden talking about it.

Right. And the tape was clear enough to admit it was OBL. And then you understood Arabic and you actually can guarrantee the correct translation.

With very little internet research, you can find plenty of evidence that Saddam and Al Qaeda were connected.

Internet research does not count. Where is the hardcore proof?

Saddam was firing missles at will ALMOST DAILY at U.S. and UK planes along the U.N. mandated No-Fly zone.

You invaded his country. What did you expect? 1,000,000 children have died in Iraq from 1990, due to UN stopping food and pharmaceutical supplies to Iraq.

He had broken every UN resolution.

So? he does not agree with us. Do you go around and beat everyone that does not agree with you?

Diplomacy had been tried for 11 years.

How can you call bombing and border closing with military means as diplomacy

Saddam and his two sons had actual rape rooms where they raped their own citizens.

It's none of your business.

They butchered their own people, used Nerve gas (a WMD!) on their own people.

It's none of your business.

There are worse dictatorships around the globe, but you did nothing about them.

On 9/11, 30000 Chilian citizens died from Pinochet. You did nothing about them.

More than 900,000 people have been butchered in Indonesia. You have done nothing about them.

More than 1,500,000 people have died the last 5 years in Africa. You have done nothing about them.

More than 50,000 people have been slaughtered by Turkey invaded Cyprus. You have done nothing about them.

More than 5,000,000 Armenians have been killed by Turks. You have done nothing about them.

we were fighting against (and I can't spell his name right) Kruschev (sp) who publicly stated that his USSR block would someday bury America.

It is just words. If you ever saw a Russian missile in a course against you, then you should take defence. There is no excuse for anyone going to Vietnam.

You were just afraid of communism being spread around.

if you see a little old lady across the street getting beat up by some thugs, all smaller than you, and you do nothing. YOU ARE CONDONING EVIL by allowing it to continue. Refusing assistance you are able to give is selfish and evil in and of itself. The Vietnamese gov't WANTED us there.

That's the most lame argument I've heard. Did the old lady asked for help? then call the police. You have no right to play the saviour. These matters have been correctly resolved many years ago, and they are established law by now.

Both the Iraqi people - without exception - and the older Koreans who remember that war expressed heart-felt thanks to me for being an American and for being there to help them (I am former Army.) I'll say that part again: EVERY Iraqi I spoke with was glad we were there.

Your biased testimony does not count. Not only it is biased, but you need proper statistical techniques to extract any meaningful result.

Tell me where you think I'm wrong.

You are wrong, from top, to bottom. But I've got used to it when it comes to USA citizens. It's not their fault, actually.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by masterp]

Masterp, I will just quote you again so perhaps the ones ignoring your post will go and see what is the "Spam Queen" quoting.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Has there ever been a country as powerful militarily as the United States that has restrained itself from conquering as many countries as it is able to? We are fighting in Iraq as part of the war on terrorism and also for oil related reasons. Korea and Vietnam were to prevent the spread of communism.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hello everybody

I am an egyptian and i like to express my thoughts a little bit in this topic, I could act like a source for the arab opinion or something.
so, first i want to say that media has its great influence on people, it could truely change their believes and forge what realy happens, i don't mean anything but think about it, if america is a terrorist country would it show in its own media?, i advise u people to try and watch a little bit of foreign news or press.
I don't know much veitnam and korea and all this stuff, i will talk about iraq,
1) It has not been proven at all that sadam supported al qaeda or Osama.
2) It has not been proven either that iraq has nuclear weapons, even if it had, it hasn't been proven that it threatens the US with it.
3) Like the other guy said, a lot of people are killed everyday all over the world by their leiders, why iraq?
4) Even if sadam was a threaten to the US, its all over, they can go now and don't say because they want to help the iraqi people, i don't think Bush is such a good person that he is willing to pay billions of dollars and the killings americans in iraq and even his reputation in the US just to help keep peace in IRAQ.

In the last few months, the hate for america has covered most of the arab people because they found out the real truth, all US only wants to step into the middle east and take it one by one, IRAQ next is IRAN and Sudan and GOD knows what else.

At last, i just want to clear out something, a wrong belief amongst americans is that they connect ISLAM with terrorism although ISLAM was very clear in its laws for killing, ITS 100% illegal in ISLAM to do the following:
- Kill anybody who didn't start with an assault
The Following are in the case of war:
- Kill anybody who doesn't carry a weopon to kill you
- Kill Women (Mostly because there was no women who fought at these past years)
- Kill Children or Old Men
- Destroy a house and even kill a plant

If there is terrorist who is christian whould u connect christianity will terrorism?

Even i those terrorists kill in the name of religion, then they are wrong, they don't realy know their religion, they just want to explain their actions as if they were ordered by GOD to kill, those r the real terrorists.

On the other hand, we would never call palestines who ressist israelis terrorists but they would have our support as much as possible.

Sorry for diverging from the point and for my poor english, hope to hear some nice replies from u and hope to keep this conversation like civilized people cuz i get a lot of flames from americans in this topic.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarabai

At last, i just want to clear out something, a wrong belief amongst americans is that they connect ISLAM with terrorism although ISLAM was very clear in its laws for killing, If there is terrorist who is christian whould u connect christianity will terrorism?

Even i those terrorists kill in the name of religion, then they are wrong, they don't realy know their religion, they just want to explain their actions as if they were ordered by GOD to kill, those r the real terrorists.

The United States has made it very plain that Islam is not the enemy. The fact that the Islamic extremists (or Islamists, as some call them) do their crimes in the name of Isam makes it very difficult for the man on the street to make a clear distinction and those who are muslim or of Mediterrainian extraction should understand why some Americans are somewhat suspicious.

There are many muslims who are loyal Americans and we are proud to have them. The fact that America is home to those who practice such a such a diversity of religions should be a testament to the world of our tolerance and a source of pride to all Americans. No other nation in the world has so many people who are willing to risk life and limb to immigrate as the United States. That should tell the world something.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by An VanderVeld

Originally posted by masterp

The Taliban were supporting Bin Laden.

So? from when supporting someone is a reason enough to kill them?

Since the begining. The taliban were helping bin laden, the guy who perpetrated 911, that means the US gets to go to war and overthrow the taliban

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by B Genki
AfgHanistan (you'll seem smarter if you spell correctly): The Taliban were supporting Bin Laden. That means they were helping him bomb us. The gov't. even showed the world a tape of Bin Laden talking about it. They were as guilty as he.

Iraq: Same deal. With very little internet research, you can find plenty of evidence that Saddam and Al Qaeda were connected. In addition, Saddam was firing missles at will ALMOST DAILY at U.S. and UK planes along the U.N. mandated No-Fly zone. He had broken every UN resolution. Diplomacy had been tried for 11 years. On top of that, Saddam and his two sons had actual rape rooms where they raped their own citizens. They butchered their own people, used Nerve gas (a WMD!) on their own people. C'mon, get real. Iraq needed to happen.

Ok lets take Afganistan.. Show me proof that the taliban had something to do with this.. hell for that matter show me proof bin laden had something to do with it... cause there isnt...

Iraq... so what.. people die everyday like that one guy said earlier... Saddam is a tyrant but there are far worse people out there than him... Him harboring terrorists.. Proof??? he has WMD Proof???

You know at the beginning of bushs riegn the Bush administration all stated that Saddam was not even a treat to us.... so how can he be so powerful now. They said he dont have any weapons of mass distruction, they said he has been pretty good cause of the ssancuns we put against him..

SO show me some Proof Bin Laden the taliban and sadam had something to do with this.. I want links.. alll kinda links....

straight out proof they didnt do it.. clear cut mainstream
www.prisonplanet.com...

Now show me your proof.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
may as well Join in this one..

The CIA financed the murder of allende and the installation of Pinochet, a dictator that went on to murder thousands on Chile in the early 70's
The CIA Financed the killing of Dien Bien in Vietnam in the early 60's
The United States government supported the UNited Fruit Company in Central America, and the murder of thousans of farmers as a result,1950-1980's
The US armed and supported saddam for over 8 years in his war with Iran 1980's
The US gave saddam the go ahead to invade Kuwait, thousands of kuwaitis died.
US invaded Iraq for little reason, Afghanistan i can agree with. Al Queda used afghanistan as a base of operations. It was no longer a country but a terrorist training camp.
Henry KIssinger gave indonesia the Go ahead to invade east timor, over the objections of Australia in 1974. 250,000 died

We have done a lot of terrible in the world. We have done a lot of good, like most countries.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

i advise u people to try and watch a little bit of foreign news or press.

Like Al-Jazeera, perhaps?

I don't know much veitnam and korea and all this stuff, i will talk about iraq,

I don't want to flame you, but you obviously don't know much about Iraq, either. I could disprove almost every one of your numbered points, but you have a lot to learn before you would get to the point where you would understand.

, i don't think Bush is such a good person that he is willing to pay billions of dollars and the killings americans in iraq and even his reputation in the US just to help keep peace in IRAQ.

Why do you think Zarqawi is in Iraq, killing civilians (35 just today, including many children)? Do you sympathize with Zarqawi?

At last, i just want to clear out something, a wrong belief amongst americans is that they connect ISLAM with terrorism although ISLAM was very clear in its laws for killing, ITS 100% illegal in ISLAM to do the following:
- Kill anybody who didn't start with an assault
The Following are in the case of war:
- Kill anybody who doesn't carry a weopon to kill you
- Kill Women (Mostly because there was no women who fought at these past years)
- Kill Children or Old Men
- Destroy a house and even kill a plant

How do you explain the videotaped beheadings of innocent civilians?

On the other hand, we would never call palestines who ressist israelis terrorists but they would have our support as much as possible.

Resist, as in murdering their own children by strapping bombs to their bodies and sending them into crowded cafes'?

:shk:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

There are many muslims who are loyal Americans and we are proud to have them. The fact that America is home to those who practice such a such a diversity of religions should be a testament to the world of our tolerance and a source of pride to all Americans. No other nation in the world has so many people who are willing to risk life and limb to immigrate as the United States. That should tell the world something.

With the first sentence you said it all. We-Them.

The convincement that MOST of the rest of the world envys America whatever America feels there is to envy is by far just a local attraction for the arrived ones during the immigration control. You get your immigration, we get ours. And in Africa they get theirs. Who told you you get the most of them? Another "american" convincement? In just few months you can monitor more immigration between some African states because of war, hunger or genocid threat than you get in the whole year.

And then, did any of you ever read what are the questions on the green US visa waiver? (Were you a NAzi during the WW2?, Are you a terrorist?) I was crying out loud the first time I red those!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
[Quote]

Yes, why not, thats if u understand arabic.

They are never approved by ISLAM.

Resist, as in murdering their own children by strapping bombs to their bodies and sending them into crowded cafes'?

No, they can't do that, because israeli forces is faster than them to go kill the parents and bring their house down, if u don't see this daily in ur news then ur media sucks, children find nothing to fight back with but rocks.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

This one is actually quite easy for at least one of the beheadings.. Nick Berg i believe it is.. the video was anilized i think on here and i do believe there is a lengthy post about it.. that wasnt resistance people who killed him.. it was our own guys who killed him.. search around for nick nerg on here i am sure you will find something...

Also as the man states.. our media dont show us everything that there is to know about things going on over there.. why do you think he is his news is any diffrent than ours.. why dont u try and watch BBC i am sure there is alot of good things coming out of there...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

[Quote]

Yes, why not, thats if u understand arabic.

I don't need to understand arabic; Al-Jazeera has an English link. And it is the worst piece of anti-semitic, anti-western propaganda crap that I have ever seen from a supposed "voice of the Arabic world".

Ever seen their cartoons? Ever seen their "polls"? Why do you think al Qaeda uses them as a conduit for their video and audio mesages? Do you think there is an Al Jazeera - al Qaeda link?

They are never approved by ISLAM.

They are committed in the name of Islam. And Islam is not the gentle, nurturing religion that you try to make it out to be. It doesn't matter anyway, because religion is just a stupid excuse to break God's law. I don't engage in religious debates, not since I stopped arguing whether Mighty Mouse could beat Superman.

No, they can't do that, because israeli forces is faster than them to go kill the parents and bring their house down, if u don't see this daily in ur news then ur media sucks, children find nothing to fight back with but rocks.

Are you denying that Palestinian children have been used as suicide bombs? If so, then your media sucks.

BTW, do you know who endorsed the idea of suicide bombs? Yasser Arafat.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
This one is actually quite easy for at least one of the beheadings.. Nick Berg i believe it is.. the video was anilized i think on here and i do believe there is a lengthy post about it.. that wasnt resistance people who killed him.. it was our own guys who killed him.. search around for nick nerg on here i am sure you will find something...

Not a shred of truth. It was a conspiracy theory put forth by some, never proven, and ridiculous on it's face. What about the young S. Korean? What about Paul Johnson? The two Americans murdered last week?

Also as the man states.. our media dont show us everything that there is to know about things going on over there.. why do you think he is his news is any diffrent than ours.. why dont u try and watch BBC i am sure there is alot of good things coming out of there...

His news is much worse than ours. When Abu Ghraib happened, it was all over our news for weeks, and not in a good light. Give me one good example of Al-Jazeera condemning al Qaeda. I challenge you.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have to say I have to agree they US media is not the best source for news I mean just last week what was it CBS faked some paper about Bush or aired it knowing that the info might not be up to par.

Next as to Nick Berg killing I also agree with the evidence provided in which if I remember the post it was show that atleast one US personel's left shoulder was on the tape showing an arm patch thought to be a US military insignia, its also beleived that atleast two other US personel were in the back ground so that killing was not Islamic it was a political ploy to take the upcoming heat of the US BY GAINING SYMPOTHY they were trying to cover their butts cause they had been in country for a long time and still no WMD found at the time of the killing or after you have to admit there has been more talk about the killings in most of the news stories put out
on the hostages,beheadings,civilian losses etc. than the truth the US and UK jumped into something and it back fired intentionally or not they screwed up

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
I have to say I have to agree they US media is not the best source for news I mean just last week what was it CBS faked some paper about Bush or aired it knowing that the info might not be up to par.

This is why more and more people are coming to sites like this.. cause there is no bs about what news we can get ahold of and that mainstream news is getting pissed about it....

I can see the net becoming controlled in a few yrs because they cant keep us under thier control cause the big source of freedom of speech going on out here.. that and porn...

[edit on 30-9-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
USA gave Saddam WMD's and Iran WMD's and they are both said to have ties with Al Quaeda, so says Bush and friends. So technically the US would be giving the terrorists the weapons, not to mention the CIA funding Osama and training all of them, they are terrorists so since America associated with them then what does that imply? Not to mention the whole Iraq war was illegal as Kofi Annan said.
In 86 the International Court of Justice ruled that the US violated internation law for "unlawful use of force" in Nicaragua thru its Contra proxy army. The US still has an illegal boycott of Cuba and there are other examples, maybe the US arent terrorists, but you could label it as a rogue nation.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

This is why more and more people are coming to sites like this.. cause there is no bs about what news we can get ahold of and that mainstream news is getting pissed about it....

I can see the net becoming controlled in a few yrs because they cant keep us under thier control cause the big source of freedom of speech going on out here.. that and porn...

[edit on 30-9-2004 by ThichHeaded]

Thank You thichheaded most of the time noone thinks I get off a good one to often.....I have another question if the US has an illegal sanction in place in direct violation of international law and have yet again basically repeateded its 86 mistake unlawfull war .....do you also think that the USA is under noones control or are being allowed to stay in NATO and the UN so they dont go totally off the wall rogue.....is there a temperance that the USA is using so as not to press their luck to far.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Thank You thichheaded most of the time noone thinks I get off a good one to often.....I have another question if the US has an illegal sanction in place in direct violation of international law and have yet again basically repeateded its 86 mistake unlawfull war .....do you also think that the USA is under noones control or are being allowed to stay in NATO and the UN so they dont go totally off the wall rogue.....is there a temperance that the USA is using so as not to press their luck to far.

I heard today on the Alex Jones show a caller called in from OK and said they jam the shortwave radio there when his show is on sometimes so people cant hear his message.. yes its alex jones.. but also i would call that a form of control.. not letting people hear what they want to...

I also see this happening with the net.. i dont care what people say about it being impossible but they seem to have so much faith in hackers that it will always be the way it is now.. I hate to tell you.. one day they will walk up and see things the way some do.. but by then it will be to late...

Sucks to be us...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join