It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and Politics - A Survey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am conducting a political research survey. I would appreciate anyone interested in taking the survey. It is only 20 questions.

Please go to www.geocities.com...

Thanks for your help!!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just some helpfull critizism. I think you should change:

"Can a political leader influence the loyalty of the people he leads through the use of religion?"

To:

Should a political leader influence the loyalty of the people he leads through the use of religion?

I think we can all agree that it CAN be done depending on the individuals.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Actually, it's important to know IF people thing a leader can infuluence a population through religion. If he SHOULD is a whole different question.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
(I tried taking your survey and got an "error" message; I don't know if you got my results..)
I don't think you can accurately say "Christian church" anymore than you could accurately say "all white people." Christian churches are so many, and have so many different views and theologies, that some of your questions can't be honestly answered. You could change it to: if you are Christian, in YOUR view..."

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The "Christian Church" refers to a lot of specific religions. Think of them as branches on a giant tree where Christianity is the trunk.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I understand what you mean, but - for example - question 20:
"Do you feel the Christian church treats women with the same equality as men?"
Some do, some don't.

BTW: DID you get my results? (email is: jfinch@asia.com

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's a survey. It's a poll for research being done. So question 20 will give me some feedback as to how many do and how many don't.

No, I did not get your results. Perhaps you tried while someone else was submitting at the same time.

I do thank people for taking it. Hope more will continue to take this poll.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The survey is obviously aimed at Christians, as it assumes that everyone reads the Bible on a regular basis and that they believe Christ was an actual person. Further, it deals with spiritual topics that are irrelevant if one is not Christian. I was unable to take this survey for these reasons.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes, well the survey does focus on Christianity and politics.

join