It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Eden and the Garden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, working from biblical scriptures we know that there was a river that went out to water the land of Eden and the river parted into four riverheads at the garden.

Genesis 2: 10-14

10 Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four riverheads. 11 The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which skirts the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 And the gold of that land is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one which goes around the whole land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is Hiddekel it is the one which goes toward the east of Assyria. The fourth river is the Euphrates.

We also see that where the first river Pishon skirted the land of Havilah where there was gold and some substance called bdellium and also onyx stone (volcanic glass) was found there.

The second river was called Gihon which encompassed the land of Cush which is thought to be in Africa in modern day Sudan.

The third river was called Hiddekel which went toward the east of Assyria.

The fourth river is the Euphrates.

Here's one generalized idea one person came up with as a possible location of Eden. The only problem with this map is Cush is not located where different ancient sources (Egyptian) say the land of Cush is located, which is modern day Sudan.

This next map is a drawing of another map one person believes to be the original landmass before the "waters of the great deep" broke up in the Great Flood of Genesis. Notice how this map looks eerily like Pangaea?

As ever, finding Eden may always be a mystery.

[mods put this in the forum it goes in if this one is not the correct one].
edit on 15-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wasn't there something mentioned about Eden during the Iraq war? I don't remember details but it had to do with soldiers in a town that had some landmarks that raised the possibility that the garden was in that area. Does anyone else remember this?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Wasn't there something mentioned about Eden during the Iraq war? I don't remember details but it had to do with soldiers in a town that had some landmarks that raised the possibility that the garden was in that area. Does anyone else remember this?

I don't know but, if you remember before the great flood when the "waters of the great" deep broke open, there could have been a super continent like Pangaea, but if that is true then our time table is way off by millions of years, possibly hundreds of millions of years by science's standards.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Gobekli Tepe might be the garden of Eden.

Göbekli Tepe is the oldest stone temple anywhere in the world, and has to be a key to understanding the symbolism of the story of the Garden of Eden. Most southerly cult building at Göbekli Tepe It is strange that the snake appears as an important symbol in the Book of Genesis's story of Adam and Eve. Here in the Old Testament it symbolizes the knowledge of awareness that Adam and Eve are naked, and that they should cover themselves. I feel it is a metaphor for the manner in which the incoming ruling elite of Upper Mesopotamia, the suspected Watchers of the Book of Enoch, gave mortal kind forbidden knowledge, which forever changed the way they thought about life. However, it was a case of too much knowledge too soon, and so Adam and Eve were cast out of Eden, which we know to have been a real kingdom focused on Lake Van, a huge inland sea in Eastern Turkey. From here the Euphrates and Tigris, two of the rivers of paradise, take their course before flowing down into Iraq's Fertile Crescent.

Do these mysterious stones mark the garden of eden?

In the Book of Genesis, it is indicated that Eden is west of Assyria. Sure enough, this is where Gobekli is sited. Likewise, biblical Eden is by four rivers, including the Tigris and Euphrates. And Gobekli lies between both of these. In ancient Assyrian texts, there is mention of a 'Beth Eden' - a house of Eden. This minor kingdom was 50 miles from Gobekli Tepe. Another book in the Old Testament talks of 'the children of Eden which were in Thelasar', a town in northern Syria, near Gobekli. The very word 'Eden' comes from the Sumerian for 'plain'; Gobekli lies on the plains of Harran. Thus, when you put it all together, the evidence is persuasive. Gobekli Tepe is, indeed, a 'temple in Eden', built by our leisured and fortunate ancestors - people who had time to cultivate art, architecture and complex ritual, before the traumas of agriculture ruined their lifestyle, and devastated their paradise.

edit on 15-5-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Well take a look at the Piri Reis maps that are supposedly several thousand years old:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What I want to know is, where did Cain's wife come from? It says God created Adam, Even, Cain, and Abel, then Cain killed Abel, so there were only 3 humans left. Then Cain slept with his "wife". Who was Cain's "wife"? Was it Eve? So he had sex with his mother? Then he has to have a mark put on him so all the other inhabitants would be able to identify him. So there were so many inhabitants on earth that Cain wasn't recognizable unless he had a mark? Where did all these people come from? If it was all brothers and sisters of Cain we weren't told about, there still wasn't enough time to produce so many siblings that Cain wouldn't be identifiable without a unique mark. If, on the other hand, God created other humans in addition to Adam and Eve, those other humans wouldn't have inherited their sin, which kindof contradicts the whole biblical narrative.
edit on 15-5-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I lean toward Gobeckli Tepe myself as it's in the right area and is pretty much our oldest known site...which a LOT of effort went into at different points for some reason.

Seems more likely to me than anywhere else until more info comes along.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Mormons place the Garden of Eden in Daviess County, Missouri. I've seen the historical marker.

David Rohl, in his book The Lost Testament, places the garden in a particular valley between the Caspian Sea and Lake Urumiya. His case is interesting, but I don't put 100% confidence in it.

In the end, trying to pin down any pre-flood location is an exercise in futility.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
What I want to know is, where did Cain's wife come from? It says God created Adam, Even, Cain, and Abel, then Cain killed Abel, so there were only 3 humans left. Then Cain slept with his "wife". Who was Cain's "wife"? Was it Eve? So he had sex with his mother? Then he has to have a mark put on him so all the other inhabitants would be able to identify him. So there were so many inhabitants on earth that Cain wasn't recognizable unless he had a mark? Where did all these people come from? If it was all brothers and sisters of Cain we weren't told about, there still wasn't enough time to produce so many siblings that Cain wouldn't be identifiable without a unique mark. If, on the other hand, God created other humans in addition to Adam and Eve, those other humans wouldn't have inherited their sin, which kindof contradicts the whole biblical narrative.
edit on 15-5-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

Man is only given the story of Adam and Eve as a reference. There were other humans put on Earth in other strategic places. In the planning of man, there was speech about evil (sin) being present. It had to be put here in order for mans heart to be truly tested. Many things were left out of the original account of the beginning of that cycle.
edit on 16-5-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by newcovenant

I lean toward Gobeckli Tepe myself as it's in the right area and is pretty much our oldest known site...which a LOT of effort went into at different points for some reason.

Seems more likely to me than anywhere else until more info comes along.

It is very interesting and I read both of those links again myself last night and walked away astounded. It certainly explains a great deal. The current thinking seems to be that SOMEONE, disassociated with the main group of humans came and suddenly took over. Instead of an idyllic hunting life of freedom these newcomers introduced farming and essentially made slaves of men from that point on. It has never stopped. The mystery that remains is who were these Priests and Ruling Elite? Where were they from?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Pretty much right in the middle of the fertile crescent zone, the lands of the Annunaki.

new topics

top topics

join