It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZH: Scary Chart of the Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Was on the alternative financial media and noticed this at zerohedge.

All the charts are interesting, but the last one I've never seen before. One should also notice the position of Greece in almost all of them.Greece is very much commanding the global attention on debt. Japan has orders of magnitude more debt in most any measure but the world is not focused on Japan. There are several reasons Japan can maintain that debt and Greece can't. The first would be Japan can print Yen as needed they've been doing it 20 years already. Second and third would be the fact that Japan is an export economy and the savings rate of the populace.

While the world watches Greece and the chain reaction that is possible in Euroland, something like Japan could come out of the blue.

I saw noted sarcastically something along the lines of. Japan should have no problem servicing that debt with it's abundant resources, young and growing population, and expert handling of possibly the worst nuclear disaster in history.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

japan's abundant resources?
are you confusing japan with china?

PS www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Way to go Canada, you're not on the list. Maybe we could learn something from you guys.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Canada's sovereign debt to GDP ratio was only 1.5 points higher than Germany's in 2011 and they are likely to outperform the U.S. over the next five years. Canada is definitely doing something right.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Perhaps you missed the part of the paragraph where I said"saw noted sarcastically". None of the three things about Japan are true.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

apparently i did
and did you follow the link and add 2 +2 while you were fuming at my mistake?

L
L

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thanks for that link posted on the decoy thread. It always pisses me off when the mistake thread gets replies quicker than the real one.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

the article compares japan to a very large domino
apparently the fukushima psyop* isn't working
so it hasn't fallen over as was planned

*[econo-war against japan and propaganda for natural gas and frakking, btw]

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Japan doesn't count because Japan doesn't follow the Western way of Reserve Banking. Their numbers looks horrible by our calculations, but are ok by theirs. For instance we regularly report that Japan is stagnating and experiences random bouts of economic deflation ... even when their exports increase and corporate profits accelerate.

Most of Japans "debt" is monetization to keep their currency low compared to the USD.. instead of rate adjustments, they monetize as a method to better control the flow of currency as it's needs based on the rate of the USD. So if the USD freefalls as it has over the past decade.. Japan buys trillions of yen from it's self to inflate the currency to keep it in line with the Dollar.

They, like the US, could technically default on all their monetized debts and effect no one but their imaginary bank accounts.

Greece cannot monetize, manipulate currency rates or print cash ... Greece is like California.. California has a debt issue but they cannot buy their own debt, can they?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

...and they also have national health care. I guess the fear mongering propaganda in the U.S. about government run healthcare is just that.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Yes and no. Good balancing makes or brakes proper social systems.
I think the countries with succesfull social systems will convince by performance in the upcomming years.

new topics

top topics

join