It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Enhancement Bill Advances Despite Concerns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As for the rumors that are spreading that the Patriot Act 2 will come in the near future, it seems that doses of it are already being passed in congress. Passed by whom? You guessed it. Republicans.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Republican-led congressional committee on Wednesday rejected concerns about civil liberties and passed a bill to expand the U.S. government's power to track terror suspects and deport people seen as a risk.

On a largely party-line vote of 19-12, the House Judiciary Committee sent the bill to the full House of Representatives for expected approval next week.

But the House bill, which was drafted by Republicans, is certain to run into difficulties with a competing measure in the Senate written by both parties.

The measure is part of a sweeping legislative effort to overhaul the intelligence services in response to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States. Congress is pressing to respond to recommendations by the Sept. 11 commission and pass the legislation before the Nov. 2 elections.

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=ES5335JBN4Y0GCRBAEKSFFA?type=domesticNews&storyID=6371282

This really scares me. I don't believe for a second that this bill and the Patriot Act applies just to terrorist. I think it applies to all Americans who appose the government's corruption.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by mrmulder]

new topics

join