It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah's audience was filled with non registered voters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Last night she had a show on people who didn't care to vote.
The majority of them were women in her audience, they were either apathetic, or thought their vote didn't count.
drew barrymore, cameron diaz, p diddy, and christina agueliera were on stage talking about how important it was to vote.
I didn't find them too convincing or brilliant at that, but oprah did a pretty good job of making good points and telling heart wrenching stories that were true.
She had a really stubborn lady on there who would just keep saying it's something to think about.

She did have a good point about why she didn't vote though.
She thought that voting for bush or kerry didn't do a damn thing, she said neither of them represented her beliefs, nor did they care about the welfare of her children ect... If your going to vote, then vote for someone who supports your ideas and beliefs. It's good that she's not voting for them, but it's too bad she's left in the dark about voting third parties. Not once did she mention this on her show. There are many parties out there, and it's our decision to pick and choose which party to vote for, it's our future thats at stake and i can garantee you that if you vote for bush or kerry your not going to be getting far in this country. One day we'll all have to start over because both of them ruined this fine country... They had their evil selfish agenda's to scratch off the list, they did it, now we are the ones who will have to pay the price while they sit on their throne drinking out of golden tea cups.

Vote... But vote smart. B or K isn't a smart vote, give some other party the chance.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's sad that there are so many people convinced they are the only options.
I spent a good half hour yesterday listening to somebody try to convince me that a 3rd party could never come into power, but they never responded to the fact that the two parties we have now weren't always the two parties in power. Eventually, ideas will change and people will huddle behind another banner- and one of the two parties we have now will break down and start to join in so we will have a new second party.

I found this map promising:
www.electoral-vote.com...

If you hold your mouse over the state, it will give you exact percentages, currently and for 2000.

Notice that the current % for BOTH parties are down in most states, hence the percentages for 3rd parties looks like it might be up by about 10% this election- It could be the serious start of something.
Not enough to win this time, but enough to give people the courage to believe in their vote- whoever it is for.

Just think if the public sees a good 15% of the nation voting 3rd party- how many potential 3rd partiers would come out of their holes and vote because they could do it? Imagine if the % started getting big enough nobody got enough of the electoral votes? It only takes a few states.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This year would have been the perfect year for the Third Party candidates to make some serious strides. Never before has there been so many people who want nothing to do with either candidate. So many people look at it as a coin toss, or a wasted vote no matter who you vote for. So many feel that neither represent their beleifs and values.

It is just aggrevating to me to know that there are candidates out there that do represent different values. I know that the Third Partys lack the funding, and exposure to match the dems and reps, but I can't help but feel that they just looked at this year as a throw away and didn't try as hard as they could have to get thier names out there. I just think maybe they didn't realize until it was too late that the majority of this country would have been very receptive to an alternate choice if there was one put in front of them. Don't ask me what they could have done to get their names out more because i don't know. I just don't think it was smart of them to rely on the "people" to do their own research and find a candidate who they feel meets their needs the most, becuase the "people" are too lazy to do that. Anyhoo...that's my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
TLare you really that surprised that the average oprah watcher doesn't vote and is uniformed about politics?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
TLare you really that surprised that the average oprah watcher doesn't vote and is uniformed about politics?

I'm not surprised at all. Look at the disinformation agents she has on her show.

I'd be apathetic about voting too.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have some good news. Since there are only 30 something more days left Badnarik is going out with a boom, he's going to be playing television ads across the country left right and centre.
They just had a fundraising campaign were they needed 26,000, on the last day they were able to get 30,000 people to donate to them.

Here's some good news and some ads they will be playing:

ps: They rely on the people to get the vote out there because it's us people that are in society with the rest of the brainwashed monkey's.
I just dispersed 700 brochures for the lp the other day. I have 500 more on the way. If you believe in something so strongly, it's not a problem, and the last thing you want to be is apathetic or LAZY.

www.badnarik.org...
www.badnarik.org...

PSS: He is actually on the news alot. If you don't tune into ABC, FOX, MSNBC, AND CBS you will see him on C SPAN, PBS, local tv networks, ect.

Stay away from the big propaganda machines (major media) and you'll start seeing he and other third parties are making headway.

psss: His schedule for today.

I watched "crashing the party" on pbs last night. They had a behind the scenes look at all the third parties. constitution party, green party, nader, and libertarian.

You just have to look harder.

And WM1:

It doesn't surprise me one bit, but I think she's a liberal thus having others alike on her stage trying to get people to vote. That's a very noble idea, but when your in the dark about third parties too, don't try and get people to vote for your candidate. Especially when women don't want anything to do with your candidate because that person doesn't fit her/his beliefs. The lesser of two evils dosn't fly with some. Thank God.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I have some good news. Since there are only 30 something more days left Badnarik is going out with a boom, he's going to be playing television ads across the country left right and centre.
They just had a fundraising campaign were they needed 26,000, on the last day they were able to get 30,000 people to donate to them.

Here's some good news and some ads they will be playing:

ps: They rely on the people to get the vote out there because it's us people that are in society with the rest of the brainwashed monkey's.
I just dispersed 700 brochures for the lp the other day. I have 500 more on the way. If you believe in something so strongly, it's not a problem, and the last thing you want to be is apathetic or LAZY.

www.badnarik.org...
www.badnarik.org...

PSS: He is actually on the news alot. If you don't tune into ABC, FOX, MSNBC, AND CBS you will see him on C SPAN, PBS, local tv networks, ect.

Stay away from the big propaganda machines (major media) and you'll start seeing he and other third parties are making headway.

psss: His schedule for today.

I watched "crashing the party" on pbs last night. They had a behind the scenes look at all the third parties. constitution party, green party, nader, and libertarian.

You just have to look harder.

And WM1:

It doesn't surprise me one bit, but I think she's a liberal thus having others alike on her stage trying to get people to vote. That's a very noble idea, but when your in the dark about third parties too, don't try and get people to vote for your candidate. Especially when women don't want anything to do with your candidate because that person doesn't fit her/his beliefs. The lesser of two evils dosn't fly with some. Thank God.

That is definitely refreshing to hear...thanks for the info!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
On Friday, with your help, we will begin our next stage of the campaign. We will be unleashing a deluge of strategic media buys all across the country, promoting our bold vision of a prosperous economy and an honest, limited government. With this strategy, we will restore the balance of power back to the individual.

----me: I got this in my email, he wrote an e letter and dispersed it...

I'll be waiting!!
Go Badnarik!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

As a purely ironic side note, please understand that the government supported C Spans, PBS's and NPR's will be the first to go when the Libertarians finally take control.

Delicious "free market" irony is it not?

But Bush wants them gone for another reason, so fight the good fight. The liberals have your back whether you like it or not.

new topics

top topics

join