It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After three days, still no sign of missing FBI agent. Anyone keeping an eye on this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
For those who may not know agent Ivens went missing on 10 May and there is still no sign of him.

An intensive weekend search of rugged terrain near Los Angeles failed to turn up evidence of a missing FBI agent, but authorities continued searching for the man there and elsewhere, an agency spokeswoman said Monday.
All that is known is that he was distraught and authorities will not elaborate as to why.

Special Agent Stephen Ivens appeared to be distraught and may have been suicidal, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said, citing interviews with family members and evidence collected by investigators. She declined to elaborate.
Something seems to be amiss here. If he was going to willingly off himself he sure has made it difficult to find the body. Granted, there could be an endless amount of possibilities as to why, but why run so far and evade detection if the end result was to "end it". Also the news has been pretty mum since the story broke the other day. A federal agent has disappeared and there is very little news and followup on it? CNN

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Nothing about this story rang true at all to me - except that he was an FBI agent and possibly armed, because most of them ARE.
edit on 14-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I call hedging their bets, claiming he was suicidal. More like running for his life.

Des

edit on 14-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
la times

Text There is an “obvious sense of urgency to find him because of the missing weapon and scenarios associated with that that could pose a threat to public safety,” Laura Eimiller of the FBI’s Los Angeles office said.

All of this manpower to find a fed with a weapon, He is trained. I can not find what department he works for, are maybe what case he was investigating, until than I can simply guess, which educated minds do not do.BRAVES
edit on 14-5-2012 by bo12au because: its all irie mon

edit on 14-5-2012 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I don't have a good source link to back this up, but I've heard they have well over 100 people actively searching for this fellow, FBI and locals.

That kind of manpower for a "distraught" agent? Doesn't quite add up.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
I don't have a good source link to back this up, but I've heard they have well over 100 people actively searching for this fellow, FBI and locals.

That kind of manpower for a "distraught" agent? Doesn't quite add up.
yeah that's what I am seeing as well. Maybe he is running

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Sounds like a cover story to me, an FBI CYA. I wonder what he found out about the FBI or government et al that would prompt the FBI to make these kinds of statements with no meat as to why? I presume the statements were made so that when they (someone) find him with a bullet to left side of his head (and he happens to be right handed) they can say it was suicide and he was ambidextrous. More than likely, they'll blame it on either private sector organized crime (as opposed to public sector) or the drug cartels (CIA owned subsidiary corporations). Oh, did I say I was a cynic LOL?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What I'm missing are the reports as to why, or lack there of. Like I had said before, there could be many reasons as to why. Why the unusual silence as to the reasoning? If it was personal/family related, why not something simple like "it is believed that Agent Ivens was going through some personal problems". Right now you have (at the least) a decently trained federal employee who is MIA and armed, and you give absolutely no inclination as to why.In an attempt to stay center balanced I will allude to the possibility that they just don't know exactly why. They surely couldn't come out and say that one of their agents just lost it, and they're clueless as to why. This has surprisingly taken longer to play out than I expected.
edit on 14-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Something really stinks about this story.

The missing agent, Stephen Ivens,35, left on foot from his home in the 1700 block of Scott Road in Burbank on Friday morning and was reported missing by his family a short time later.

Take the above quot. Sounds more like he was picked up.
I'd love to know what case/cases he was working on, this whole story sounds/feels like fiction.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'd bet he had inside info about JT Ready.
Just my opinion is all.
He will be found dead though, this I'm sure of.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
I'd bet he had inside info about JT Ready.
Just my opinion is all.
He will be found dead though, this I'm sure of.
It's an interesting and possible point of view. That makes you want to know what cases he has been assigned to in the past couple of months. If I were a betting man, I would put my money he is either dead or soon to be, unfortunate as it is.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a young, 35yo outdoorsman-type special agent who this early in his career already works on highly confidential FBI matters of National Security...

becomes depressed, the media says suicidal (how, why?)

leaves home ON FOOT... with his handgun - ahem - why does it sound like they are STAGING his suicide, already so early in the missing game. FBI has shrinks on staff and require periodic consults - where are the records of his "suicidal" history or recent behaviors? lol

and the way i seen it, officials & media often state the opposite of their intent - ie we are going after weapons means we are planting or using weapons, we are searching for someone means we are gonna make them disappear! terrorist on the lose means we have a terrorist on the lose and we know exactly what he is going to do but its a mystery as far as public info... likewise with this possible NATIONAL SECURITY breach put it together, are they really worried if he is suicidal? nope that would take care of all possible leaks as well as his "side of the story"...so, yeah they already want him gone although the media makes you more worried about 'going postal' on someone(s) and/or himself.

this will not end well. it never does when the cia or fbi or dhs are! may him and his family be safe, somehow.

bigger picture is... something big may going down!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I am betting it was a Cougar!

2nd

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Yup, during the course of what ever case he was working he may just have stumbled onto information about a false flag operation.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
He was either contaminated by something, or he has proof of something.

I'm hoping for proof. Will be watching alternative news wires for anything, but it would be very helpful to know in what capacity he worked for the FBI.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yep, this whole thing certainly stinks to high heavens. I know one thing, he clearly isn't suicidal, or else he would have been found dead already. He's on the run, but the real question is why is he on the run... that's assuming he hasn't already been found and detained in some sort of secret prison, which is a real possibility at this stage in the game. If that's the case then we will most likely never hear another word about this man.

If he's still on the run then he certainly knows how to evade detection, and he's using all the tricks in the book to make sure he isn't found. It's also obvious that he doesn't intent to "go postal" and kill a bunch of people, or that would have happened by now. One must ask what would be so important that he could just up and leave his family, instead of just facing the music. There's something very discerning about that in my opinion.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
He was having trouble with his marriage and took a walk in the mountains to off himself. I understand this - I am almost there myself. At least that guy had a job.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Aliens...Telepathic Link or Hive turned on...Im guessing but I bet he is just hiding out in the woods for a few days and will show back up..just my opinion..

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Is there any indication somebody on the inside wants him dead? Any at all? Or is it just speculation?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Sharon Goewert, a resident who lives a few blocks away from Ivens’ home, said she bumped into him Thursday night. She had only met the agent once earlier this year during her daily walk through the neighborhood. She described him as seeming dazed and staggering on the sidewalk. She said she reported what she saw to the FBI.
Possibly intoxicated?LA TIMES

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join