It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video/Photos of Bigley in an iron cage begs Blair to save his life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The tape, released on Wednesday, showed Bigley squatting down in an iron cage and dressed in an orange jumpsuit of the sort worn by Muslims detained at Guantanamo Bay.

In the grainy tape, the 62-year-old, who was shown kneeling and dressed in an orange boilersuit, pleaded personally to the Prime Minister as the "only person on God�s earth" who can save his life.

"To Mr Blair, my name is Ken Bigley, from Liverpool. I think this is possibly my last chance, I don�t want to die. I don�t deserve and neither do the women deserve to be in prison.

"Please, please release the female prisoners that are held in Iraqi prisons. Please help them. I need you to help me, Mr Blair because you are the only person now on God�s earth that I can speak to. Please, please help me see my wife, who cannot go on without me."

In the 11-minute message, he said: "I think this is my last chance to speak. I don�t want to die in Iraq, neither do the women in the prisons ... I want to live, I want to live.

"Mr Blair, I�m nothing to you, just one person in the United Kingdom with a family like you ... You can help, I know you can. These people are not asking for the world, they�re asking for their wives, their mothers and children," Mr Bigley said.

"Please Mr Blair, show us some of the compassion that you say you have. The Iraqis don�t like foreign troops walking their streets. It�s not right and it�s not fair. We need to pull the troops out," he added, sometimes rocking forward, his hands in his lap.

Bigley was quoted as saying: "Tony Blair is lying, lying when he says he's negotiating. My life is cheap. He doesn't care about me. All these people want is the female Iraqi prisoners free. They don't want to kill me. They could have killed me a week, two, three weeks ago, whatever. All they want is their sisters out of prison and back with their families where they belong".

The fresh pressure on Blair - who insists he is doing all he can while refusing to negotiate the insurgents' demands to free Iraqi female prisoners - came as he sought to move on from Iraq and focus on domestic policy.

Video File from aljazeera

[edit on 30-9-2004 by fanoose]

new topics

join