It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why the US won't win in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
have a read of this article written by a soldier currently serving in Iraq. If only the US and UK Governments would listen to this people things might be starting to improve!

Before I begin, let me state that I am a soldier currently deployed in Iraq, I am not an armchair quarterback. Nor am I some politically idealistic and na�ve young soldier, I am an old and seasoned Non-Commissioned Officer with nearly 20 years under my belt. Additionally, I am not just a soldier with a muds-eye view of the war, I am in Civil Affairs and as such, it is my job to be aware of all the events occurring in this country and specifically in my region.

I have come to the conclusion that we cannot win here for a number of reasons. Ideology and idealism will never trump history and reality.

click for rest of story: www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
That was interesting, thanks for the link. Iraq is chaos and the coalition are losing support by the day. After the abuse scandel came out you knew that there would be huge backlashes from militants. The fact is that too many civilians have been killed and nobody believes in Americas "democracy" which they seek to give the the people.

This summed it up well for me...

It is tragic, indeed criminal that our elected public servants would so willingly sacrifice our nation's prestige and honor as well as the blood and treasure to pursue an agenda that is ahistoric and un-Constitutional.

It is all the more ironic that this un-Constitutional mission is being performed by citizen soldiers such as myself who swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States, the same oath that the commander in chief himself has sworn.

Why did nobody listen when we marched in our millions against this war? Because it is not about freedom, it is about everything but freedom.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just a heads up that I posted this story last week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im guilty of starting threads already posted before too. So don't feel bad.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
oops sorry about that

top topics

join