It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A long Frightening Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A friend of mine forwarded me this website, with a Mysterious Cave Story. I have no idea if it is a clever piece of fiction or not.

The fact that the Website is still up after the incidents revealed in this chilling story, lends me to think it is one the better frightening hoaxes, I've ever read. However, I have not formed a solid opinion.

Please do your own reading on this. It is a very long read, but worthwhile. I was freaking riveted. The story goes on for about 11 pages.

It is a little slow to start, but gets more intense, and soon you may find yourself clicking obsessively to read the next page.

Here's the link:

www.holyshiite.com...

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There is already a thread about this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They also debunked it. Apparently it is based on a short story called the �the fear in the darkness�, or something.

On a side note, it is a good story, and while I was reading it the first time, at the point where the caver got trapped in the haunted room with no lights, my power went out.

They just about had to scrape me off the roof with a putty knife.

[edit on 9/30/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i just read that, very good whether its fiction or not

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
ACK!

it ends on page ten. I clicked for the next page, and I got 404'ed!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Great story. I had goosebumps while reading it. Does anyone now what the outcome is?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Quite a story. As an ex caver of 15 years. I can certainly relate to moving through tight spaces, also the thoughts of be trapped or killed. An extremely dangerous hobby, but well worth the memories. The pics he included, especially the progress on the hole seem to offer credence to the story. But on the net, the site originator is the only one who knows the validity of this story. Still a great read.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
ACK!

it ends on page ten. I clicked for the next page, and I got 404'ed!

That's upposed to add to the mystery of what happend. It is suggestive that they never made it back.

On a related note, after looking through the links here, and then doing dome Web-Searches for Floyd's Tomb, I found out this story is false. It was however, made to look like a Blair Witch style short story.

I found the original story which has almost verbatim the same story. The website I gave here, actually is a little better than the original story. The fear of the unknown elements, the pictures, and the sudden ending make it better.

-ADHDsux4me

Odd

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Heh... this makes the rounds every now and then, and everyone is always shocked about the missing last page.

It's a fake story, folks... clever, and entertaining, but still fake.

I don't wanna sound like a jerk or anything, but was I the only one that saw that coming?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The original FULL story, from the other thread:

www.dougaustin.com...

Dru

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Real or not that scared the hell out of me! *shivers* I'm gonna have nightmares i just know it!

And that other link to the pdf file was creepy too....in somethings lacking like the details of the cave climbing but more details in thing like the human bones and clothes in the room in the cave instead of just seeing smooth walls.... And the ghosts or whatever.... eek and the hand! And oooh just ugh!! *shutters* You know it's not real but it still scares the crap out of you!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
www.dougaustin.com...

This link doesn't work for me, can anyone provide me an alternate link to this doc?

thanks,

Al

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Already covered.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Locking Thread

new topics

top topics

join