It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. FBI agent missing, possibly armed, suicidal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thought I would post as something to keep an eye on. There are a lot of different scenarios that could be playing out here.

About 100 FBI agents, 40 sheriff's department rescuers and a dozen local police officers participated in the search for Los Angeles-based Special Agent Stephen Ivens, who remained missing late Saturday. He was described as an avid hiker and runner.
AP Could he have known something he wasn't supposed to know? Or was this a case of an agent flying off the handle? My money is on they find him dead. Time will tell, it always does.EDIT: Anyone notice how the article is written like he is already dead?
edit on 13-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

100 FBI agents?

Sounds like they want to find him a little too quick for comfort...

Then again, why would I hear about it if he does know something?
Maybe trying to set the stage, of him being disturbed, so that later tomorrow they can tell me they found him dead with 3 holes in his head from suicide??

hmm?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Ivens was described by FBI colleagues as well liked. Married with a one-year-old child, he has been working for the FBI for the past three years in the national security area. Prior to that, he worked as a Los Angeles police officer for eight years.
(from OP link)

This is the first time I've noticed that little detail. I certainly hope this IS some personal thing and not a matter of something he learned while working in the FBI's "national security area". NO telling what that means for FBI. Once upon a time it would have been counterintelligence, but everything has become so badly blurred.....?? I just hope he doesn't know something the rest of us don't, and this is how bad he figures it is.

BTW.... Why is the media so focused on the fact he's armed?? He's FBI. He lives, eats, sleeps and probably even forgets and showers with his gun. It's an FBI thing...they always always have it. Why would he split and take off from his life and leave that behind now? Seems an odd thing to make a big deal of, given who it is.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by GD21D

100 FBI agents?

Sounds like they want to find him a little too quick for comfort...

Then again, why would I hear about it if he does know something?
Maybe trying to set the stage, of him being disturbed, so that later tomorrow they can tell me they found him dead with 3 holes in his head from suicide??

hmm?
This was exactly my sentiment. I was trying not to read too much into it. As the article states that he is not a threat to others, but there are about 160 law enforcement officers looking for him. Also he is an avid runner who supposedly went for one last run before offing himself.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Don't you mean "Calif. FBI agent missing, possibly armed, "suicidal"

"sui wink wink cidal"

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Probably suicidal because he knows too much of whats really going on in the world. It would be nice to have a conversation with him before his colleagues cap him

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by GD21D

Don't you mean "Calif. FBI agent missing, possibly armed, "suicidal"

"sui wink wink cidal"

My question is, how do they know he is/was suicidal? Did he leave a note? Some articles state he had no prior displinary actions but was he seeing a shrink? He was an 8 year vet of the LA police force. That takes some balls. Did the FBI depress him that much?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by takaris7

Exactly.. that is what I was thinking.
I think they just tossed possibly suicidal on the announcement.
Imagine if you were him and you saw "suicidal" tacked on the end of the anouncement that you were missing and possibly armed and dangerous. Would it make you want to turn yourself in to a safe group or make you run even more.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

This screams conspiracy. Knowing how dirty cops are in la who knows what this guy has come across.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Thought I would post as something to keep an eye on. There are a lot of different scenarios that could be playing out here.

About 100 FBI agents, 40 sheriff's department rescuers and a dozen local police officers participated in the search for Los Angeles-based Special Agent Stephen Ivens, who remained missing late Saturday. He was described as an avid hiker and runner.
AP Could he have known something he wasn't supposed to know? Or was this a case of an agent flying off the handle? My money is on they find him dead. Time will tell, it always does.EDIT: Anyone notice how the article is written like he is already dead?
edit on 13-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

What I find interesting about this is that we have been continually warned over the past year about "lone wolf" terrorists and "homegrown" terrorists and now this is news, this guy is crazy, possibly disgruntled, working for a hush-hush government thing, and is armed? Seems very convenient, no? Watch, crazy, suicidal, armed govt. guy will attack the NATO summit, just like the general threat has "warned" us about. How could they not find this guy? Please.

Reminds me of "The Day the Earth Stood Still". They lost the alien, but could not tell anyone that, so they called him a dangerous fugitive and had the whole country looking for him. Not that he's an alien, you get what I mean, though, that he's so dangerous... dangerous being on the loose, is dangerous for them.

Also, is it customary to out a special agent who has been working on certain, secret things? I don't know, so I'm asking. Just seems to me that if he was and was just indeed missing, why spill the beans?

new topics

top topics

join