It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don't look at the Ron Paul people as enemies." Rand Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

“I know not everybody here voted for my dad, but what I will say from a personal perspective is, don’t look at the Ron Paul people or the Rand Paul people as your enemy,” the Kentucky senator said at a small reception before a conservative Republican fundraiser in Waukee.

“They’re not people with two heads,” he said. “Some of them are new to the party, some of them have been in the party a long time. Some of them may have beaten some of your friends for a party position. You don’t like it. But we’re all in this together.”

He said his father has stayed in the race out of respect to his supporters, who are working their way into convention delegate and party leadership positions in Iowa and other states.

“They want to become influential in the Republican Party, and he didn’t want to discourage them by telling them otherwise,” he said.

desmoinesregister.com

I think this article makes a good point. A lot of people are viewing the Ron Paul campaign and the liberty movement with such discontent and polarized perception with the apparent inability to determine where that is coming from. It should be self evident that a lot of the MSM opposition to Ron Paul is no more than propaganda and the regurgitated opinions of those who have an interest in keeping the US in a state of stagnation.

The fact is these are legitimate American citizens who have a voice and a concern, to stifle their image and their freedom of speech goes against everything we start for as a nation. Why doesn't the Republican party work with, instead of against, their new influx of party members? We can all come up with our own answers to that, one might be that the Republican party is willing to commit political suicide for some "higher order" that is established. An outrageous claim? The evidence seems to support it, I suppose we'll find out a little about this come August and November.

These people have been called every name in the book only in an attempt to better our country and make it more free. Why not work with Ron Paul instead of against him? This is how business gets done in America and the aggressive, seemingly unprovoked opposition to Ron Paul only serves to unveil the true colors of our "Representatives", policy makers and the lengths people will go through for their own selfish means.

People say: "They won't allow him to be president". I say you're uninformed and giving up, this is our government and who is and isn't allowed to participate in it is OUR decision. The nature of this republic is that the people chose their government, not the government (or big business) choosing itself.
edit on 12-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Actually, not sure if you noticed it, but the article drops a bigger bomb unintentionally

He said his father has stayed in the race out of respect to his supporters, who are working their way into convention delegate and party leadership positions in Iowa and other states.

Meaning Ron doesn't even want to be running now and is doing it not to win, or even to accomplish anything, but simply as a sign of respect for his fans...

He is defeated and he knows it...its like William Shatner at a convention looking sadly at these fanatics not able to move on, but respecting them enough not to tell them to get a life.

just what I picked up from that.

I would think he would have said "He is staying in the race because he feels the delegates will get this to convention where he will take it all" or something...not...well, if he dropped out, hundreds would kill themselves or whatever.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Actually, not sure if you noticed it, but the article drops a bigger bomb unintentionally

Meaning Ron doesn't even want to be running now and is doing it not to win, or even to accomplish anything, but simply as a sign of respect for his fans...

He is defeated and he knows it...its like William Shatner at a convention looking sadly at these fanatics not able to move on, but respecting them enough not to tell them to get a life.

just what I picked up from that.

I would think he would have said "He is staying in the race because he feels the delegates will get this to convention where he will take it all" or something...not...well, if he dropped out, hundreds would kill themselves or whatever.

Yea, I read it and I know hes staying the race because of his support. Honestly, I don't think it's such a bad thing to see something through to the finish... bigger comebacks have been made when the momentum is right. A secondary (and maybe more important) effect of this is that many people are getting involved and actively trying to change some of the wrongs in our country. Also a lot of shady dealings are coming to light and many people are seeing for the first time the nature of the system and the corruption within it.

Either way I'm betting on us having an exciting Republican convention.

But to say...

I think doesn't give Ron his due credit, hes been fighting to out these issues for a while now and I don't think the ONLY reason he is staying in the race is for his supporters. He's just not a coward and not about to give up, a piece of wisdom I think a lot of Americans need to see especially from a 12 term congressman. Too many people have nothing but discontent toward politicians and would rather not even bother with the system, these politicians are basically free to do whatever they want because people have removed themselves from their governing body. People getting involved is a good thing and he seems to be doing whatever it takes to make that happen, even if it means being publicly humiliated by the media, etc.

In the last few years we've had various protests, the next one usually more pronounced and significant than the last. People are waking up and trying to find a venue "in" so to speak; trying to change the course of the nation and find a weak point in the establishment, which is getting more and more malicious to us by the day. I think Ron Paul did a good job of showing us that "weak point" which was indoctrinated right into our republic for that exact reason. The citizenry is knocking on the proverbial doors of the institution, every time they will knock louder and louder until it begins producing some positive change.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Rand just admitted that Ron Paul is only staying in the race because he doesn't want to disappoint his supporters...Ron Paul is a smart man...he knows he's lost...but he knows his supporters would crucify him if he dropped out.

And basically what Rand Paul is saying here to Republicans is, "don't worry...my dad's supporters will fall into line and support the Republicans".

Ron Paul supporters...you are being played and the Paul's are selling you out.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Just because Rand said something does not mean that what Ron is actually doing. Let's remember that often politicians who speak for one another are wrong. Especially I woudl think in Ron's case.

Not that I wanna cheer lead for Ron or anything, I figure his chances of winning are slim to none, without having the majority of his supporters in caucus/electoral college seats before the election, which is highly unlikely.

Either way, I don't take one politicians comments about another seriously until I hear it from the horse's mouth.

~Tenth

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Rand Paul isn't just "some other politician". He is Ron's son and he is actively part of Ron Paul's campaign. This is not just some Republican trying to mend fences.

I honestly think this is damage control and that we may start seeing a lot more of it from both Rand and Ron...because they know they are going to have to after the trouble Ron's supporters have caused at the Caucuses. This is just like any other campaign...sending out a surrogate to slowly start leaking the message they want to get out there.

I don't buy for one second that Ron Paul had no clue what his son was going to be saying at this event.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Ron Paul supporters...you are being played and the Paul's are selling you out.

As long as Rand supports the ideology of liberty and freedom then I don't see what the problem is?

You talk so much about politics but you don't seem to understand it, of course Ron's plan is too far out from what "they" want. In politics and business, you always start high so you have some room to give way, that is compromise. As long as freedom and liberty can be advanced, some concessions will of course have to be made.

This is not an "ego thing" and it is not about being on one side or another, it's about advancing an agenda of liberty. If Rand supports and moves that, how is it that anyone is being sold out?

It's not without a sense of Irony that an Obama supporter is talking about being sold out.
edit on 12-5-2012 by RSF77 because: grammar

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

You talk so much about politics but you don't seem to understand it, of course Ron's plan is too far out from what "they" want. In politics and business, you always start high so you have some room to give way, that is compensation.

It's not compensation, it's compromise...but yes...I seem to be the one to not understand it

But what I am hearing from you now is that you think it is ok for Ron Paul to compromise...what happened to the "no one but Paul" message???

If this is truly the path Ron and Rand are walking down...then it isn't far off for Ron Paul to ask his supporters to support Romney because he has agreed to work with Ron Paul to "advance liberty".

If and when he does that...do you fall into line and support Romney???
edit on 12-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

“They want to become influential in the Republican Party, and he didn’t want to discourage them by telling them otherwise,” he said.

There is the explanation and 100% proof positive that Ron Paul knows he will NOT win the nomination. It also tells all of you it is about a movement that has influence with the Party, proven here as being his goal.

Ron Paul supporters will have to chew on that for a while, no nomination, never was a chance.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It's not compensation, it's compromise...but yes...I seem to be the one to not understand it

GJ, you found a grammar mistake, proud?

reply to post by TinfoilTP

I'm not interested in arguing circles, semantics and grammar with you two like you do everyone else on ATS, so you can go elsewhere if you intend on having this kind of conversation with me.

Everybody already knows what you guys are about, we've heard it all a hundred times.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I see you dodged the question...I'll ask it again.

If this is truly the path Ron and Rand are walking down...then it isn't far off for Ron Paul to ask his supporters to support Romney because he has agreed to work with Ron Paul to "advance liberty".

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

I see you dodged the question...I'll ask it again.

I didn't dodge anything, I'm not obliged to answer your every question. See this is why I made the above post about not arguing these dumb things with you and have you quote "advance liberty" like it is some foreign concept to Americans.

I wouldn't support Romney, now what does that have to do with the thread and why are you asking this obvious question?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Because Rand seems to be suggesting that Ron Paul supporters just want to be part of the Republican party and other Republicans shouldn't be afraid of them...meaning he wants them to fall into line with the Party platform.

I know you guys think you are taking over...but it really sounds like the Paul's are moving towards supporting Romney. I saw a interview last week with Ron Paul on Fox News...they asked him if he will endorse Romney...Paul didn't say no.

They are slowly leaking this message...I'm just wondering how many Ron Paul supporters are going to continue to follow Ron Paul if he does in fact endorse Romney.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Because Rand seems to be suggesting that Ron Paul supporters just want to be part of the Republican party and other Republicans shouldn't be afraid of them...meaning he wants them to fall into line with the Party platform.

I know you guys think you are taking over...but it really sounds like the Paul's are moving towards supporting Romney. I saw a interview last week with Ron Paul on Fox News...they asked him if he will endorse Romney...Paul didn't say no.

You make some big leaps in logic and personal speculation in that first paragraph.

The ball is in Romney's court. Though I am not expecting Romney to bend to the will of Paul supporters so there probably won't be many of them that support him. Even if Romney does compromise in some way, I don't expect him to hold to that and I don't think many other Paul supporters believe he will either.

Paul supporters falling in line with Romney is not going to happen in any large numbers, Romney knows this, Paul knows this, I know this, you should know this. I knew you were going to suggest something about (R) unification, fact of the matter is there are all different types of Republicans, not just Ron Paul supporters and establishment (R)'s.

Why Paul supporters are not falling in line with other Republicans is because they aren't being represented in the party. The nominee has not been decided yet and this is still a race, regardless of what the MSM will tell you. The garbage Romney has been up to lately I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it to Tampa.

They are slowly leaking this message...I'm just wondering how many Ron Paul supporters are going to continue to follow Ron Paul if he does in fact endorse Romney.

I don't know, I know I'm not. If anyone else wants to it's their right.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Loved how Rand Paul dropped a bombshell for his fathers supporters later in the article. Atleast I know now that Paul and his son Rand Paul are indeed connected to reality, unlike their supporters.

A lot of people are viewing the Ron Paul campaign and the liberty movement with such discontent and polarized perception with the apparent inability to determine where that is coming from. It should be self evident that a lot of the MSM opposition to Ron Paul is no more than propaganda

Many Paul supporters believe there is this propaganda campaign going against Paul in the media over his policies but frankly I have not seen any misinformation in the mainstream media regarding Paul's policies. It comes down as to whether you are a Paul supporter or not, this is where you'll see things differently.

Why not work with Ron Paul instead of against him? This is how business gets done in America

But you see this is where the problem lies in particular for Paul. It's not a problem of whether people want to work with Ron Paul, it's a problem with whether Paul wants to work with other people. In all his years as a congressman how often has Paul compromised on his policies compared to others? Very little from what I understand, and this is the point that even Paul supporters brag about. It also comes down to how often Paul has failed in passing a bill of his own, he is not willing to compromise, it's his way or the highway. The only time you'll ever find Paul compromise on anything is when it suits his political agenda (i.e promising to leave medicare alone despite his position of complete privatization)..

Who needs to learn to work with people and compromise more? It's Ron Paul and his supporters who need to do this. Fortunately they have the opportunity to learn a lesson, revise on the positions they've taken, and prepare for when Rand Paul tries to run in 2016 or 2020.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Many Paul supporters believe there is this propaganda campaign going against Paul in the media over his policies but frankly I have not seen any misinformation in the mainstream media regarding Paul's policies. It comes down as to whether you are a Paul supporter or not, this is where you'll see things differently.

Yea, if you are so politically blind that you can't see the blatant smear campaign against Ron Paul then nobody needs to take you seriously anyways.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I will bet you your ATS account that Ron Paul will not endorse Mitt Romney. Deal? Put up or shut up.

new topics

top topics

join