It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighborhood pics from Hurricane Jeanne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here are some pics from around my neighborhood, of some of the damage...

parking cover at my work

not a UFO in the pic, it's a drop of rain on the windshield, hehe...

Power line down, hung over the alley too, almost drove into it...

Driving back from my brother's house, found a palm tree in the road!

This pole is right behind my house (usually, it's not leaning)...notice the wires pulled under the neighboring tree...that's why I didn't have cable/internet for a couple days...

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Gazrok]

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

not a UFO in the pic, it's a drop of rain on the windshield, hehe...

RUN!!! It's an alien Mothership descending from the clouds!

Had to do that!

Nice pics! You start out easy then hit us with the hard stuff as you progress, well done! Question: Why do so many people live in trailer homes there?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I was wondering what that was myself!!!

I hear 1 in 5 homes in Florida are damaged!!

Pray there is no more this year.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Question: Why do so many people live in trailer homes there?

I'm not so sure about 1 in 5, but think about it...

Florida is basically "God's waiting room"... It's where people come to die. A majority of the Florida population are senior citizens. This means fixed income for many, coupled with outrageous real estate costs, which means most must live in mobile homes just to afford to be here...

Glad I don't...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Gazrock where do you live anyway?
You should be thankful it could have been a lot worse I still remember what my house looked like after andrew.
I lived near the intersection of U.S.1 and 152nd street just a few miles south of the falls at the time, we still havent found my bed or the other half of our roof.
Anyway good luck with the cleanup.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
nice pics, we had most of the same type damage in Broward but more spread out and random. IMO Frances hit Broward harder than Jeanne did.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Gosh dern hurricanes....

Can't it read?

Sign says DO NOT ENTER..

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
We had a group of red cross volunteers return from florida a few days ago. One was talking on the radio, she was helping with the damage assessment...she says that theres about a quarter of a million homes in Florida probably that are totalled. According to here, even if the home looks like it fared pretty well from the outside, the barraged of hurricanes, loss of electricity, and high humidity has made it impossible to dry them out. There's a major problem with mold now.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Gazrock where do you live anyway?

I live in St. Petersburg, which is part of the Tampa Bay metro area...

We seem to get affected the least by EVERY single hurricane (knock on wood).... It's like we have an invisible shield. Even when they're right on top of us, they've usually weakened so much that the damage is mostly downed trees, a guaranteed power outage of a couple hours to days, and some localized flooding (not in my area though, we're higher ground). The majority of the pics are within 3 blocks of my house....seen when driving to my brother's house...

I sat on the porch during most of the hurricane (it was cooler, and lots of light, so I could read a book, as my power was out (no ac), and cable, tv, and internet even longer....) though I did come in during the really big gusts (50mph or so), or when a really big branch landed on the porch, hehe....

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I got this thing in my email about florida with a pic of the state covered in plywood, it reads: "it's no longer the sunshine state, but the plywood state"

Just think you could open up your own firewood business online and ship the wood throughout the country.

I'm sure many people would be because it's kind of a momento from all the hurricanes. People would eat that up, and you would be able to clean out your state at the same time. It's a win win situation for everybody.

ps: sorry to hear about the mess and destruction, get well soon florida.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Glad the damage wasn't too bad.

Here's hoping that there's no more for the year, at least.

The "ufo" water droplet is interesting indeed

X

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The "ufo" water droplet is interesting indeed

Yep, even gave me a theory as to how one could fake UFOs that would stand up to even the most rigorous photo analysis...
I hope to be able to duplicate it as soon as I have the time for the necessary minor construction needed. It's how I believe Meier obtained his photos. It's actually very clever, and simple, just like the best ideas....

top topics

join