It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Guns?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Lets say our government did a crackdown on the populace, try to take away our guns, imprisoning those who voice their opininons, etc.. and was essentially treating Americans as terrorists and everything spun out of control within the next 30 years. The war on terror turns into a war on citizens.

Groups like the Michigan militia and guard units would take up arms and be considered guerillas battling cops and vice versa across the country. Now my question is how many of you could pick up a weapon, lets say a shotgun, and be effective with it or merely get shot down like a dog?

I am curious to know how many on this forum actually have even shot a weapon let alone know any field tactics. If the country was divided and national guard units fought mixed with citizens against the government would it be a slaughter? Does our government now effectively control every aspect of our living and there is not a damn thing we can do about it if there were a breach of the constitution that divided the country?

Could you pickup a rifle and be effective or just be a casualty? Would you merely go along with whatever happens, happens? That seems to be the attitude of everyone today, 'whatever.'

With a cheap shotgun I can nail gallon jugs at 100 yards using iron sights, if I shoot consistently, but America is now made up of desk sitting, McDonald eating, overweight, 9 - 5, soccer mom and dads myself falling in this category at times as well. How many people actually go to a range or have even shot a weapon for that matter? I've got a range and shoothouse on my own property and I have trained alot of people in dynamic entry and so forth but everyone is busy with work and life and everything has to be scheduled. I know I can shoot and live in the field but how many people can actually say that? I think the majority would just be ruled similar to communism. I don't think Americans on a whole have the balls anymore simply because we don't raise our kids to hunt and shoot and know the field because were too damn busy with making money.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Seems nobody. Since this has a political theme (namely the government becoming aggressively dictatorial), you probably should have posted it in politics and scandals. I'm interested in this topic and similar enquiries have been put forward within threads on the WOT forum, I think, or maybe the politics forum.

Generally I stated that a lot of people say that because America has 300 million odd people, all of them would be out shooting if an aggressor hypothetically invaded the USA. I questioned how many elderly, disabled, children etc there are in the US, and that it would be impossible for everyone to fight. It's not about how many guns you have, it's about how many hands you have to shoot them.

Lastly I asked how a dusty old shotgun kept in the basement would fair against a patrol armed with some AK-74s, a drum fed RPD and a few RPGs. Granted that, at least today, it was unlikely to come to that. But the point was that unless you can match the firepower you will only have limited success. I guess the same can be said of the old shotgun vs Police weaponry (And should be kept to that given the angle of the topic).

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I own and can use several firearms and am also a fairly good field tact.

None of which I would use against my homeland unless things got a LOT worse than they are. Tha answer to Americas problems lies in the Ballot box not in Civil War.

Most of the people screaming for bloodshed have never really seen it

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have shot handguns. Things like .45s, .38s, and .22s.

new topics

top topics

join