It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the First Practical Artificial Leaf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

A detailed description of development of the first practical artificial leaf -- a milestone in the drive for sustainable energy that mimics the process, photosynthesis, that green plants use to convert water and sunlight into energy -- appears in the ACS journal Accounts of Chemical Research. The article notes that unlike earlier devices, which used costly ingredients, the new device is made from inexpensive materials and employs low-cost engineering and manufacturing processes.

www.sciencedaily.com...

a new step toward a green world ? or would it do more harm then good , your thoughts ?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The roof of every new building and every car will incorporate this tech in future years as our non-renewable sources of energy become scarcer and more expensive to attain. This is technology I have personally dreamed of as long as I understood the process of photosynthesis.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

interesting , i just wonder how it would effect life its self , i think its a good thing indeed

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

Obviously the military will be the first to get a crack at it. But after it's been utilized in military applications for a few years, the wealthiest families will get hold of it. Eventually, it'll trickle down to us...in 10 to 15 years.

They want to make it completely safe and cost effective before allowing billions of people to rely upon it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Being on this site so much makes me inclined to believe that this is an invention to enable corporations to control our access to the very air we need to live. I know I'm being melodramatic though.

As long as they don't kill all the natural plants..this can be a great invention to use in manners like a poster above said!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Why do they need natural plants when they can genetically engineer better ones...plants that do exactly what they're told, how they're told, when they're told. Plants that can spy, can kill, or can generate power.

After all, that's what the government wants. Stuff that obeys every command, has unlimited uses, and doesn't have loose lips.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Organic circuitry and leaps in genetic engineering... The further we come in areas like this, the more feasible it seems to me that life here might have been engineered.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's all good .

Energy abundance is a good thing for human beings in general .

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by MzMorbid

Why do they need natural plants when they can genetically engineer better ones...plants that do exactly what they're told, how they're told, when they're told. Plants that can spy, can kill, or can generate power.

After all, that's what the government wants. Stuff that obeys every command, has unlimited uses, and doesn't have loose lips.

Well since plants are food for animals and us I think they will still be required don't you!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hi OP,

Here is my thread on it:
'Artificial Leaf' Will Convert Sunlight into Fuel
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Seems this isn't such a popular topic but hey, I think this is wonderful!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is great news, however it will take time to perfect the manufacturing process. Maybe one day we will all have an electronic tree in our yards

Too many members on ATS are looking for doom and gloom or just want to talk or troll about Ron Paul it seems anymore. I'm a Paul supporter but I think we've beaten the topic to death and back again and then re killed it.

I love reading things like this on this site, wish this was more of a focus than other topics.

Edit:
I remember reading of a child that though of using solar panels as leaves on a tree like structure. Ingenious and with this technology definitely puts to use a tree of the future

edit on 12-5-2012 by AudioGhost because: Remembered something

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

awsome this could be used to tera form other plannets

top topics

join