It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans-the chosen race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I was thinking today that in the bible it says "and god created man in his likeness" (well it said something along those lines) would that mean humans are the only race of intelligent beings? Or perhaps that Humans are the chosen race, and yet again maybe God is just for Earth. I dont really get it. please correct me if im wrong

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It all matters if you believe in a superior being or not.

This can be argured, religion vs. science.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Humans have a highly attuned ability to reason, something, of which, no other animal (or so we know so far :puz
has on this planet. This is the most fundamental aspect of mankind which differs us from the rest.

Deep

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This can be viewed in many ways.

Though the Bible does say that humans were created in God's likeness it does NOT say humans are the chosen race. Even though it says that humans were given dominion over nature (personally I believe this part was altered) it still does not state that humans are the Chosen race.

This could be looked at simply as, God chose to create a race that looked like him. Just as a sculpter creates statues of people, God created a race that looked like him. However, a sculpter often values pieces of works other than human likenesses higher than the likeness of him/her self.

The arguable fact that humans look like God is just a statement that humans look like God.

Also, you have to wonder something.

God originally intended for humans to live in a paradise in balance with nature. Humans rejected this path and took thier own instead. I personally think that in rejecting God's original intention and dissobeying his direct order not to eat the friut of the tree of Knowledge humans became a Fallen race rather than a Chosen race.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets
I was thinking today that in the bible it says "and god created man in his likeness"

Actually...in many versions, it say's "let us create man in our image..

[edit on 10/8/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What if God/Godess/Gods, is/are really just limited to our planet alone. The whole line God created the heavan and the earth, and on the 7th day he rested is great and all, but perhaps it was a perspective. I mean like this, Maybe God created the heavans as we could see them standing and looking up, like the boundries of our sky, but nothing more. Perhaps God created Earth, and it's visual limits and that's it. What if the rest of the universe, and other galaxies had their own seperate and divine beings that chose a little planet, or planets of their own to create. They all had something to work with, and shaped it into their own unique place, like God did Earth.

That also Beg's the Question, the Man who wrote communion when he was abducted kept calling out for God to help him. The Aliens replied "Why do you keep calling for your God's? We are the only one's here."

Just my musings,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159
Even though it says that humans were given dominion over nature

There has to be something to this. Look at all the places worldwide that we have poisoned so as to be unfit for human habitation.

---created in the likeness of God---well, Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul Would this be a planting of "divine" DNA? In the creation account, hHe breathed into nothing else, and nothing else became a soul.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
We killed the chosen race during the time frame that we were evolving into homo-sapiens more then likely. We kill everything else why not. Probably took their holy book too and claimed it was written for us. I cannot think we are the chosen race by anyone with the way we go about defiling our planet and killing one another over some of the dumbest reasons. If we were the "chosen ones" I think "god" probably scrapped this project and moved on to better things.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
It all matters if you believe in a superior being or not.

This can be argured, religion vs. science.

I believe that science and a god thing can exist in unison, but what you (not you specifically) need to question is wheither the bible is fact or not.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If God did create man in his likeness then which man did he create in his likeness?
Choices: Homo Sapiens, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, Homo Erectus, Australopithecus ramidus, Australopithecus afarensis, Australopithecus africanus, Australopithecus robustus, Homo Habilis, Homo Sapiens Neandertalensis. Do you even know which one you are?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Any artist can create 'something' in his/her likeness. That doesn't mean that it wasn't created by something else. In a sense, to that creation, the artist is the alpha and omega, simply because it came from it, that's all it can be. So who's to say that god isn't just an artist, he/she created us in his/her likeness, so for us he/she is the alpha and the omega because we are from the whole of it, and nothing else ( besides and debatably what maybe made god, in which it would all be connected... thus everything is one
), this makes perfect sense, no?

ps: masterofpuppets, the mars volta rock.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
IMO If humans ARE the "chosen" race, then who or whatever is calling the shots is a Hell of alot more stupid than we are....

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ive thought about that and i asked once and i got a quate back,

Man is created in gods image but god does not look like what you see when you look in the mirror. God is love light and energy. We all love light and energy , all else you see is just created by the body/ego and we not not these things.

top topics

join