It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls, shills and "Other".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"People are people."

That may sound like a nonsensical statement, but it holds truth. We are all individuals with feelings, wants, hopes, and needs. We all make mistakes. We all have opinions. We all like what we like, hate what we hate.

We forget, sometimes, that there is another person on the other side of that text you are responding to.

If you say something, say it like you are speaking to the person directly in front of you. Not as if you are speaking to a machine or a disembodied persona.

edit on 10-5-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know. I know what you mean.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I dunno. I see that video completely opposite from the way you see it.

That video just taught me a valuable lesson: If you slam the right person, and if you slam them the right way, you can actually make money. Turning a profit from just being mean lol.

The first girl in the story, Sarah, not only gave the unhappy customer a full refund, but also an additional $50. I had never even thought of that before.

A brilliant plan. Thanx.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
WRONG!
I actually hold back on line, many times I have written a response to something I find stupid and just close the tab I was typing in.
However in person, I'll unload on you.
If your feeling are hurt so bad that you need a few days to recoup, I suggest there are deeper problems than my rant.
Now for the folks that get so hurt from being "bullied" and take their lives, I fully endorse this, even moreso for young ones who have yet to procreate, it makes the human race stronger when those genes are not in the pool.
I am a fan of the Darwin awards.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I actually hold back on line, many times I have written a response to something I find stupid and just close the tab I was typing in.
I'm sure there are many that would never believe this, but I actually hold back also. (occasionally)

Just as you stated, there have been a few occasions during which I just closed the tab, instead of posting. More often though, I have walked away for awhile (or just move over to a different tab/window), then came back and softened up the comment, before posting it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The dating site example is ridiculous in that video. If she didn't like them, why would she reply? It's just common sense, if she replied they would have thought she was interested in them.

new topics

top topics

join